Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It also has the slowest 0-60 time at sluggish mid-six seconds ;).
I know you're kidding, but that IS pretty slow for a BEV, particularly compared to the Y (4.8). As @JamieGeek pointed out the 2020 bolt is also in the 6.3 second range; it's one thing to get smoked by a Tesla but quite another to get beaten by a Chevy :)
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I know you're kidding, but that IS pretty slow for a BEV, particularly compared to the Y (4.8). As @JamieGeek pointed out the 2020 bolt is also in the 6.3 second range; it's one thing to get smoked by a Tesla but quite another to get beaten by a Chevy :)
Well you are comparing the single motor RWD Mach E to the Dual Motor AWD Model Y. There will be a slower single motor RWD Model Y available in the future.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The Ford pages state the Route 1 is intended for Southern California and hence heated seats aren't necessary (eliminating options is a way to lower the cost).
True, but in SoCal, we need AC cooled seats :cool: Wearing shorts getting into a hot car with black seats might cook our legs.

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I also noted that there was only one CA Rt 1 so far on the list. I am just waiting for my dealer change to be updated so I can confirm the order and there will then be a second Infinite Blue CA Rt 1 on the list!
About an hour ago, I replied to that thread to add my CA Rt 1, Infinite Blue confirmed order. Do we have a trend building here?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well you are comparing the single motor RWD Mach E to the Dual Motor AWD Model Y. There will be a slower single motor RWD Model Y available in the future.
Yes, but the operative point was an ER RWD Mach E losing to a BOLT - which not only is a CHEVY* but clearly has no 'aspirations' nor 'soul' to paraphrase Darren Palmer.

As for Y vs Mach E exact comparison of AWD ER you're still talking a significant margin, if the Ford targets are accurate.

* this wouldn't be a proper Ford forum without mentioning a Chevy rivalry

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Yes, but the operative point was an ER RWD Mach E losing to a BOLT - which not only is a CHEVY* but clearly has no 'aspirations' nor 'soul' to paraphrase Darren Palmer.

As for Y vs Mach E exact comparison of AWD ER you're still talking a significant margin, if the Ford targets are accurate.

* this wouldn't be a proper Ford forum without mentioning a Chevy rivalry
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mach-E 0-60 target times are sandbagged a bit. I'm waiting for the actual numbers to be published instead of 'targeted' times......

Speculating that the 3.5 0-60 for the GT performance time is probably right. But that the 'mid-5 second' time would be closer to 5.2 or 5.3 and the 'mid-6 second' would be 6.2 or 6.3. Ford was able to tweak out more HP so maybe the times will improve as well.

Last edited:

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mach-E 0-60 target times are sandbagged a bit. I'm waiting for the actual numbers to be published instead of 'targeted' times......

Speculating that the 3.5 0-60 for the GT performance time is probably right. But that the 'mid-5 second' time would be closer to 5.2 or 5.3 and the 'mid-6 second' would be 6.2 or 6.3. Ford was able to tweak out more HP so maybe the times will improve as well.
As long as I can beat a Prius and impress girls, I could care less what the 0-to-60 time is.

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Remember, the California Route 1 is basically an upgraded Select. It's the only way to get ER & glass roof on a Select. However, it now also lacks the power lift gate. So compared to the Premium, it lacks power lift gate, B&O sound, & heated seats. It gains ER, memory seats, folding mirrors, glass roof, 150 kW charging & full Ford Co-Pilot360TM Active 2.0 Prep Package. Wheels are still 18" (probably for range) but different wheels and special badging; ER results in the slightly smaller storage. It also has the slowest 0-60 time at sluggish mid-six seconds ;).
5 weeks and 1200 miles with the CaRt1:

I do NOT miss:
- 2002 Mustang GT convertible, just sold it yesterday. Love my Mach E!
- power lift gate. Manual hatch is perfectly balanced and much quicker on open/close.
- B&O sound. The sound system sounds fine and I mostly listen to books anyway.
- heated seats. Living in SoCal, even on a cold morning, the seats do not feel cold.
- heated steering wheel. same as above.
- larger wheels. Get lots of positive comments on the black aero wheels.
- quicker 0-60 time. A bit faster than my Kona and without torque steer and tire slip.
- sky roof shade. Have yet to feel heat on my head. Also after adding window rain/wind deflector kit, leave windows down an inch, car doesn't heat up while parked. See photo. View attachment 23716

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Remember, the California Route 1 is basically an upgraded Select. It's the only way to get ER & glass roof on a Select. However, it now also lacks the power lift gate. So compared to the Premium, it lacks power lift gate, B&O sound, & heated seats. It gains ER, memory seats, folding mirrors, glass roof, 150 kW charging & full Ford Co-Pilot360TM Active 2.0 Prep Package. Wheels are still 18" (probably for range) but different wheels and special badging; ER results in the slightly smaller storage. It also has the slowest 0-60 time at sluggish mid-six seconds ;).
Funny thing is I would have gone for a RT 1 but prefer a metal roof. ? Still.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Funny thing is I would have gone for a RT 1 but prefer a metal roof. ? Still.
Yeah, I didn't really want the glass roof but I am glad I got the larger battery for the driving that I do. Overall I am happy with the choice, but if I could've convinced the wife to spend the extra $5k I absolutely would have gone with the premium AWD ER.

I don't live in southern California, so in February regretted not getting the heated seats. The good news is that the seat covers are actually pretty nice (already bought rears), so in the fall I'll buy an aftermarket seat heater and put the Ford seat cover over it. I don't care about the B&O sound system or the power trunk.

Ztug

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 mache e
Country flag
It's a shame anyone is selling BEVs without heated seats. My base trim 2012 VW Golf had them standard.
I couldn't care less about heated seats, what
I miss on the Premium is air-conditioned seats. Even my 2018 Chevy Equinox had that. Half the country will never use a heated seat but even up North gets to be in the 90s in summer.

Last edited:

Ztug

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 mache e
Country flag
I live about 10 miles inland, in the foothills above Ventura, CA, nearly 1000 ft altitude. Gets cold overnight about 1/3 of the year. I have heated seats on my Kona EV, have used them frequently during the winter. Also have ventilated A/C cooled seat that I use several months during the summer. Don't have to run the cabin A/C as much. Kona also has "driver only" mode that cuts energy used for climate control. Currently getting 4 mpkWh average. I have ordered the Rt 1. If the Premium had both heated and ventilated seats, I would have gotten that. Hmmmmm.
Maybe they should have called it the Route 1 Florida Edition.
Sponsored