Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
I wanted to report a potential safety issue with the Mach E. So when I remote start the car it then does not recognize my profile. This must be a known issue. Every time I have to hit the saved seat position and that also switches to my profile; proper saved stations, drive mode, etc…. Now the safety issue is that the regen braking setting is also tied to my profile. So today I forgot that the profile would be wrong after remote starting and what happened was I was expecting the brake regen to slow the car down but it started coasting since it was on a guest profile. I had to slam on the brakes before I hit a wall outside my house. Anyway what sounds like a relatively unimportant glitch can actually be serious.
Sponsored

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Have you tied keys to profiles yet?

I have never had this issue in over a year but I have keys tied to profiles. My fob and phone to me and my wife’s phone and fib tied to her in the settings.
This is not automatically done with phone as s key set up.

OP
OP

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
Yes, my key is tied to my profile. Every time I remote start (which I have been doing frequently due to the heat here in Atlanta) it won’t recognize my key/profile. It’s in Guest profile until I manually change it.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
This is a known bug. Remote start defaults to Guest profile. It's annoying so I don use it unless I have to

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
If you use FAAK, there’s absolutely no way for the car to know which fob will appear when you approach the car after being started via the app. I suppose, in theory, it could switch profiles once the fob is detected?
With PAAK, you’d think the app could send the car the phone ID so it would know which profile to load, but I have no idea if this technically possible or feasible.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Why don't you set the guest profile to have one-pedal mode? That should solve the issue for you.

I have had several OTAs and dealer software updates that reset the one-pedal mode to off. Now after any update I toggle through the profiles and make sure it is on in all of them.

OP
OP

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
I believe when you first setup Phone as a Key you needed to have your key fob with you. The software should associate the profile of that key with the phone key. Probably just a miss by Ford.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is a known bug. Remote start defaults to Guest profile. It's annoying so I don use it unless I have to
This.

Go to your guest profile while in the car sometime. Set everything the way you like it (just as in your actual profile). Seat position, outside mirrors, radio, drive mode, 1pd etc. Now when the car hiccups and you’re in guest mode, it’ll be the same as your profile settings. Not ideal of course, but it’ll work until the bug is addressed.

OP
OP

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
So this is good advice. I just tried it out in the car and you are correct. Thank You.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I use remote start all the time and it defaults to my profile. At first it didn’t but once I tied my phone (as well as my key fob) to my profile it’s been a non issue.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One suggestion is to turn on 1-pedal driving on the guest profile.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Mine also crashes often... I've stopped using remote start because it got so annoying. It also crashes and resets after scheduled departures are activated.

I'm hoping that these issues are fixed before winter. Maybe one day when Ford sends job 2 cars an OTA update.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I wanted to report a potential safety issue with the Mach E. So when I remote start the car it then does not recognize my profile. This must be a known issue. Every time I have to hit the saved seat position and that also switches to my profile; proper saved stations, drive mode, etc…. Now the safety issue is that the regen braking setting is also tied to my profile. So today I forgot that the profile would be wrong after remote starting and what happened was I was expecting the brake regen to slow the car down but it started coasting since it was on a guest profile. I had to slam on the brakes before I hit a wall outside my house. Anyway what sounds like a relatively unimportant glitch can actually be serious.
This is not a safety issue at all. The driver is always responsible to check their settings in every vehicle.....every time. If you crash the car because it is in 2PD then that is driver error IMO. Same if your mirrors aren't set correctly or your tires are flat etc etc.
Sponsored