ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Someone with more time on their hands than I do, can easily count the MME's in the picture and give us an estimate of how many are there. Cross-reference that with how many have been built, and we will have how many have left the barn.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wow, great info. Lots of items in there, as you pointed out. Surprised to 30 autoracks on-site already. I'd have thought those were in too short of supply to have 30 just sitting there waiting. Blows a bit of a hole in one of the theories about shipping difficulty.

It does look like that lot north Walmart has some MMEs parked in it, perhaps for truck-ship staging. Can tell by them being parked 3+ deep (means it's not employee parking).

And I see they did commandeer the soccer field!
Having the autoracks parked there only means they were prepositioned, it doesn't mean there were enough warm bodies to operate the trains (plus all the other trains) and pull them out. As I recall we were told there were manpower issues involved as well.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are also a lot of square things in the northeast parking lot that I don't think are MachE
I think they probably are (I counted them in the ~3600). I'm guessing those all have glass roofs, and the sun is just hitting them different to light them up like that compared to the ones that look darker.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Having the autoracks parked there only means they were prepositioned, it doesn't mean there were enough warm bodies to operate the trains (plus all the other trains) and pull them out. As I recall we were told there were manpower issues involved as well.
But I expected autoracks themselves to be in short supply too (as some reports suggest), such that I didn't expect 30 would be left out of service for a few weeks like that. That basically keeps them out of the whole transport system where they might have made 2-3 runs in that time (not MMEs but various others).

So perhaps they're not as much of the bottleneck, and it's more the labor shortage.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Here's something interesting... I guess they were REALLY running out space, because it must have been an absolute last resort to block the SOCCER FIELD by parking the MMEs on it!! ??âš˝

Google maps:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Satellite Photo of Mach-E Factory Taken 10 Dec 20.  Which one is yours? 1608323025698

Satellite image from Dec 10th:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Satellite Photo of Mach-E Factory Taken 10 Dec 20.  Which one is yours? 1608323067097

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I did notice some lots have a lot of Grabber Blue ... others have (possibly) none. This makes me wonder if they are sorted the cars by First Edition vs. others for shipping purposes. I'd think they'd just put *everything* on the same car if it's going to the same destination.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's something interesting... I guess they were REALLY running out space, because it must have been an absolute last resort to block the SOCCER FIELD by parking the MMEs on it!! ??âš˝

Google maps:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Satellite Photo of Mach-E Factory Taken 10 Dec 20.  Which one is yours? 1608323067097

Satellite image from Dec 10th:
I mentioned that above too. I speculated a few weeks ago they could commandeer the soccer field, but I was half joking. ?

They're even using the kiddie field to the right of it.

Still a fair amount of room in the south lots, although that's probably filled in since the 10th. Those 2 weed-grown lots to the SE look available too if needed.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I did notice some lots have a lot of Grabber Blue ... others have (possibly) none. This makes me wonder if they are sorted the cars by First Edition vs. others for shipping purposes. I'd think they'd just put *everything* on the same car if it's going to the same destination.
Maybe that extra $3K will get FE's truck shipments vs rail? :p

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I mentioned that above too. I speculated a few weeks ago they could commandeer the soccer field, but I was half joking. ?

Still a fair amount of room in the south lots, although that's probably filled in since the 10th. Those 2 weed-grown lots to the SE look available too if needed.
Oh just come out and confess Tim. You're the one in charge of MME parking logistics at the Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant, right? ;)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Whoops, I must have missed yours, sorry ? I was just looking at the picture and started laughing when I saw the cars parked on it :)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great stuff. I see MINE!!! Woo Hoo...
Mine is still iron ore, coke, limestone, manganese, unrefined petroleum, copper ore, aluminum ore, and a bevy of other raw ingredients found far beneath the surface of the earth.

My dealer said I can expect mine any day now. :p

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Also, at least now we know how many MMEs will fit on an average soccer field. Very important data.
Approximately 374.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Mine is still iron ore, coke, limestone, manganese, unrefined petroleum, copper ore, aluminum ore, and a bevy of other raw ingredients found far beneath the surface of the earth.

My dealer said I can expect mine any day now. :p
Lol. I was thinking the same thing.
Mine's just raw materials and scarcely a thought in some employees' heads.