Seat Material Cracking

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
A friend of mine goes out of his way to not purchase leather products and to purchase ā€œveganā€ products as much as possible. For him, itā€™s an ethical choice. In fact, he just purchased a Ranger XLT instead of a Lariat because he couldnā€™t get the Lariat without leather seats (and yes, he is aware the gearshift and steering wheel are leather wrapped in his XLT.) Iā€™d like to see the manufacturers offer people the choices.
Choiceā€¦.. yes choice would be nice.

I just think itā€™s silly for the manufacturer to force ā€œvegan leatherā€ on everyone. Especially itā€™s just cheap ass vinyl. Calling it ā€œvegan leatherā€ makes it sound like something to brag about when againā€¦ā€¦. The vast majority of buyers arenā€™t vegan.

The seats are also ā€œgluten free!ā€

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag

I just think itā€™s silly for the manufacturer to force ā€œvegan leatherā€ on everyone. Especially itā€™s just cheap ass vinyl. Calling it ā€œvegan leatherā€ makes it sound like something to brag about when againā€¦ā€¦. The vast majority of buyers arenā€™t vegan.

Some people would say it's silly for manufacturers to force leather on to people. The default should be good quality cloth with leather available as an extra cost option for those who want it. Therefore everybody gets a choice which is what we want in a democratic society, isn't it?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

You do realize that the vegan hides used came from free range, grass fed plastics that werenā€™t fed antibiotics and treated humanely throughout their production cycle. All raw materials are certified free trade and produced by workers who are paid fair wages.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Some people would say it's silly for manufacturers to force leather on to people. The default should be good quality cloth with leather available as an extra cost option for those who want it. Therefore everybody gets a choice which is what we want in a democratic society, isn't it?
Again, the first word of my post you quoted:

Choice.

Seems we would agree.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
oh you mean this? Noticed mine around 25k. Call the dealer. They are going to replace mine. Itā€™s in I just need to schedule it. They will bring in an outside upholstery person to do the actual work. Mine they said is covered under warranty. I have 33k on my 2021 Extended Range AWD. I didnā€™t notice it until I leaned intocar to grab something from center console and leaned on seat. I recommend everyone monitor theirs.

3E3667D6-5B4E-4C3B-AAAF-1933EB1E47A9.jpeg
Just noticed it on mine at 25K, not quite as bad as yours but it seems to soon for this

IMG_9791.jpg

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
What color are we seeing this happen the most? I have a friend with almost a decadeā€¦ active xā€¦ black. No issues.

303, every couple of monthsā€¦ thatā€™s it.

but I guess the formula could change.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Maybe it's a weight issue.
Actually I weigh ~195# and at 6'4" I used to say that I "wore" the Miata as I barely fit in it. Great car though.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I've been thinking of getting sheepskin seat covers for the MME. I had a set for our BMW 228i that also fit several subsequent cars and they were cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Yes I was skeptical of this claim but it's true.

Sadly Rocky Mountain Sheepskins who made them for me seems to have gone out of business.

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I use Simonize to protect the dash and seats, and the paint. It works well and also protects and keeps dirt from sticking. The dealer applied it to my first Mach-E and it worked so well that I use it on all my vehicles including my 22' GT.

Here is the link if you are interested and I have no affiliation with them: https://www.simoniz.com/

Haijam

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep / Fusion
Occupation
Broker
Country flag
Has anyone had their seat material start to break up? Just noticed yesterday that mine is starting to crack around the ventilations. Hopefully it won't be an issue under warranty.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Seat Material Cracking IMG_9791
722A2754-953E-4628-8C34-1281A1D1B85F.jpeg