Sell with stripes or without?

Do I sell me Mach-E with the stripes or remove them first?

• Leave the stripes on

• Remove the stripes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’ve read that your likely to get a better price with a stock car. As it will appeal to anyone. Where as some people may be put off by the stripes and not bother looking at it.
I’ve also been told that my stripes really make the car special, so maybe from the right person I would get a better price.
But I want this thing ready to sell quick so I need help deciding.
Thank You
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sell with stripes or without? 8282FF31-A645-4964-B2F7-ACCFEA9320B5

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sell with stripes or without? 61C31217-58A4-4AB1-8B6F-9B699B9B287A

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Unmodified, factory stock cars are worth more.

Same goes with the wheels.

If selling to a dealer, absolutely put it back to stock. You’ll get more $$.

Private party? You’ll reduce the number of buyers with painted wheels and stripes. But everything sells fast these days.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Any mod will reduce the number of possible buyers. You still may sell it right away because one of those remaining buyers finds you.

Remember, this is an SUV, not a sports car. The stripe doesn't change that. However, the stripe may eliminate the soccer mom as a buyer.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
IMO, a soccer mom isn't going to buy it. They wouldn't want the "risk" of a used car or the lack of the tax credit. This will be bought by someone who "has to have it now".

I would leave it on, post pictures with and without, and say "Seller would be happy to remove stripes for buyer if they wish them removed" or similar. But, don't remove them without a non-refundable deposit on the vehicle.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
IMO, a soccer mom isn't going to buy it. They wouldn't want the "risk" of a used car or the lack of the tax credit. This will be bought by someone who "has to have it now".

I would leave it on, post pictures with and without, and say "Seller would be happy to remove stripes for buyer if they wish them removed" or similar. But, don't remove them without a non-refundable deposit on the vehicle.
Well, not a soccer mom myself, but I wouldn't respond to the ad with stripes on it. So, I guess his audience is limited to the desperate "has to have it now" people. Not exactly the best marketing strategy but, as they say, you only need one buyer.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Collecting advice from here and offline sources, the car has been returned to stock. It was a painful day yesterday pulling louvers, dashcam, spoiler, stripes, speaker resistor, lighted pony (which went on the wife’s car after I harvested her unaltered pony).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sell with stripes or without? D3F71A42-E633-4519-9338-8794391A579E

Tomorrow I will wash and polish to a mirror finish.

Carvana has offered $53,500. Headed to CarMax on Thursday and then will make a decision to list privately or sell of Carvana.
Sponsored