Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It doesn't have to have the small display pop-up, some work by projecting onto the windshield.

I have one of the pop-up variants in my Veloster like this picture and I absolutely love it. Will definitely miss it in the Mach-E.
The little pop-up ones are actually generally worse as the available viewing angles are definitionally compromised by the nature of that little pop up lens.

The Continental (and Navigator/Aviator I think) is the benchmark for good HUDs - works even with polarized sunglasses and from a huge range of angles.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
doesn't hurt to send him a message about having shows in the rest of the united states.
The power of a group of people's voices is big.

I think I sent out something about an email about what incentives you like a while back and hmmm there was a price drop announced quicker than was suppose too.

Catch my drift Fellow EV fans? ;) ;) ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
With that beautiful, full-featured 10" display right in front of me (something Tesla doesn't have, BTW), I don't want or need HUD.
Agreed. HUD systems usually limit Information to a few key variables like speed and speed limits. Those are so big on the 10" display it doesn't gain much and gains nothing if you are running the Adaptive Cruise Control and the speed limit sign reading system is running. I think all that is really needed in a HUD is a warning of a fault or issue.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
doesn't hurt to send him a message about having shows in the rest of the united states.
The power of a group of people's voices is big.

I think I sent out something about an email about what incentives you like a while back and hmmm there was a price drop announced quicker than was suppose too.

Catch my drift Fellow EV fans? ;) ;) ;)
So if I offer to buy him some chocolate bars, he might send the cars to the Hershey/Harrisburg area? :)
Sounds like the southeastern states need some shows as does Washington state as per other posts in other threads. Maybe we should come up with a list to present.

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
So if I offer to buy him some chocolate bars, he might send the cars to the Hershey/Harrisburg area? :)
Sounds like the southeastern states need some shows as does Washington state as per other posts in other threads. Maybe we should come up with a list to present.
The fine citizens of Washington State were early and enthusiastic supporters of EV’s. Today, there are Tesla’s literally everywhere and we sure would like the opportunity to see/sit in the MME! Please pass it on . . .

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I decided to ping Darren Palmer last week on Linkedin without hoping for any reply on his end. He doesn't know me and most people ignore messages from random folks on Linkedin.
I was lucky enough and he actually replied.

I asked him to tell the team to add the Sentry mode, dog mode, Caraoke mode and hopefully HUD in the future.

Basically, he said that they are planning to add all of these to the car via OTA updates at some point.

Here is his reply:
1602469541863.png

Nothing specific and yet I appreciate the fact that he took 1 minute to answer a total stranger on Linkedin, I feel like the team there really trying to listen to customer feedback.
You might as well said “make the car a Tesla”. I probably would have deleted your message. He’s a better man than me I guess.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Sometimes I really wish I could tell you guys more. All I can say is.....................???.

Just had a meeting though. A lot of info coming out this week.

Ford, Volkswagon, and another big name auto manufacturer meeting today over electrify America.
We wish you could say more as well. We do appreciate all that you’ve been able to share. We look forward to any info coming out this week.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
He did mention in the last presentation that he has seen the car of the year journalists. Preview for the car. He must be very confident if that is the case.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
You might as well said “make the car a Tesla”. I probably would have deleted your message. He’s a better man than me I guess.
I don't share that sentiment. I would never buy a Tesla, but sentry mode and dog mode would be nice and I would definitely use them if available.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
He did mention in the last presentation that he has seen the car of the year journalists. Preview for the car. He must be very confident if that is the case.
I’d be very surprised if the MME wasn’t voted Car of the Year based on Darren’s enthusiasm alone.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Agreed. HUD systems usually limit Information to a few key variables like speed and speed limits. Those are so big on the 10" display it doesn't gain much and gains nothing if you are running the Adaptive Cruise Control and the speed limit sign reading system is running. I think all that is really needed in a HUD is a warning of a fault or issue.
While I agree most of the what ends up on the HUD can easily be replicated on the screen, however I really like the augmented reality sat nav projections that use the HUD as used by a few manufactures, seeing as the VW have it on the id3, I imagine the id.4 will get similar

To late to add the hardware for a HUD to the mach-e, but if ford add an option for the front camera view to appear on the 15.5" screen while not exactly the same a similar feature should be possible.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
With that beautiful, full-featured 10" display right in front of me (something Tesla doesn't have, BTW), I don't want or need HUD.
What I was thinking.
Sponsored