DrAchoo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red RWD, St. Batt Mach E
Country flag
Is this ever a warning that shows at a prescribed time? I have 16,600 miles and it's just come on in the last day. I didn't think there was much in the way of regular maintenance so I assume this was actually triggered by a diagnostic flag in the software. I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on recall software installs.

Anybody have any insight?
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Perhaps you're referring to an ICE car has the oil life indicator which can trigger a service reminder?

There is no such indicator for the MME -- your manual details what service intervals are required. You basically should have done tire rotation by now, and that's about it.

Since you are seeing Service Vehicle Soon message, there is a legit error code being thrown and you should have that looked at.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) message is similar to the Check Engine light in an ICE vehicle. It is a catch-all for the car having found something amiss with its systems. If the SVS message does not go away by itself, it means that there is either a persistent code or one or more recurring errors that the car is finding. Your dealer can pull the codes via PTS if you give the service person your Vehicle Identification Number. 🤔🐩

OP
OP

DrAchoo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red RWD, St. Batt Mach E
Country flag
The Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) message is similar to the Check Engine light in an ICE vehicle. It is a catch-all for the car having found something amiss with its systems. If the SVS message does not go away by itself, it means that there is either a persistent code or one or more recurring errors that the car is finding. Your dealer can pull the codes via PTS if you give the service person your Vehicle Identification Number. 🤔🐩
This is helpful. Can you tell me what PTS is so I can at least know when I call? They couldn't get me in for 10 days and I'd like to have someone run it via the VIN to let me know if I need to worry about it before then. My Ford service generally gets that spooked look in their eyes when dealing with a MME.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
This is helpful. Can you tell me what PTS is so I can at least know when I call? They couldn't get me in for 10 days and I'd like to have someone run it via the VIN to let me know if I need to worry about it before then. My Ford service generally gets that spooked look in their eyes when dealing with a MME.
Go to the FDRS thread and ask for someone with access to PTS to run your VIN for codes, they can let you know exactly which code(s) are appearing for your car so that you can tell your dealer what’s going on. PTS is Ford’s online system that (among other things) has access to the codes your car is communicating to Ford. 😊🐩

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Just for the next person to find this, I got this alert last night for the first time after shifting into Drive before I was completely stopped. By this morning it's cleared on its own. I'm happy to think of it as the gear shift "bug". But I'll be more cautious in the future about being completely stopped before shifting.
Sponsored