Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My experience is somewhere between the two, but actually quite good considering that it’s a low volume dealership, a quarter of the size of Serramonte. Serramonte is huge in comparison, in S.F. My first HVJB failure took almost a month to get replaced, but it was early days of the problem cropping up. My second was a car drop off with no real warning, day after SVS happened. Took two weeks. Mark’s experience at Serramonte is highly unusual. Driving the car to a bigger dealership might not have gotten the same results he had.
I probably should have explained a little more in detail why my service was fast, which I did in the HVBJB thread a couple of months ago. I purchased my own HVBJB and made an appointment at Serramonte Ford to have it replaced. They were able to take me in right away and it was replaced within hours of me bringing in the car. While it may take a day or two or three to get the part, with them having 3 EV techs and two dedicated service bays for EV's, getting it replaced there should not be a long wait at all.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The EV writing is on the wall. Dealers that don't keep up will get left behind or become the fringe. Simple as that.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Correct, but Ford won't reimburse a dealer for EV specific work on an EV unless the work was done by an EV certified tech. This makes things tricky for people who live in areas where there's sparse availability of such techs. That's not a problem that exists with ICE.
My dealer had my car stuck in the bay for 4 full weeks since they took it apart and were waiting for parts. He told me the earnings potential for a bay is about 2.5k/day.

Take the fact that if the dealer has an EV stuck for 5 hours to perform a SW/module update. How much will dealership get?

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
The EV writing is on the wall. Dealers that don't keep up will get left behind or become the fringe. Simple as that.
Probably in another 5 years. At this time with higher insurance costs for EV, and high selling EV cars like Tesla 3,Y, MME, ID4, Hyundai's being just premium cars and not luxurious for their price, the market will slow down.

Most folks still believe that with EV you get the range stated on the window sticker like a Prius. When folks figure out that every 180 miles one has to charge for 35 mins, they'll think twice.

Many folks with EV and kids still take ICE for any trip longer than 3 hours drive. I personally know at least 30 families that do it that too with Tesla's I was the only one with MME
Sponsored