'Service Vehicle Soon' (SVS) Alert: w DTC confirming HVBJB needed - Dealer must use COPIS ticket to expedite !

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
10/11/22 - first available service date for Dealership to verify DTC. They verified in less than 20 minutes, and initiated the authorization/order process. I'm still pissed that I had to wait for a svc appt, make the trip to dealer, and spend a hour waiting for verification of what I already knew.

Next step is just waiting for the part.

In the meantime, I thought it is interesting to note that once the SVS Alert pops up, something in the 'Software Recall Update' not only logs the Alert and codes, but it also clamps down on max output Power. My AWD Select SR had max output of 200 kW, and now post-SVS max output is 125 kW. Presumably this will prevent the issue from progressing to full stop SSN.... But its a lot less fun to drive, and very worrisome not knowing if I'll make it until Part arrives.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Service Vehicle Soon' (SVS) Alert: w DTC confirming HVBJB needed - Dealer must use COPIS ticket to expedite ! CarScanner-shows-125kw-limit-wSVS
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
10/11/22 - first available service date for Dealership to verify DTC. They verified in less than 20 minutes, and initiated the authorization/order process. I'm still pissed that I had to wait for a svc appt, make the trip to dealer, and spend a hour waiting for verification of what I already knew.

Next step is just waiting for the part.

In the meantime, I thought it is interesting to note that once the SVS Alert pops up, something in the 'Software Recall Update' not only logs the Alert and codes, but it also clamps down on max output Power. My AWD Select SR had max output of 200 kW, and now post-SVS max output is 125 kW. Presumably this will prevent the issue from progressing to full stop SSN.... But its a lot less fun to drive, and very worrisome not knowing if I'll make it until Part arrives.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Service Vehicle Soon' (SVS) Alert: w DTC confirming HVBJB needed - Dealer must use COPIS ticket to expedite ! CarScanner-shows-125kw-limit-wSVS
Yup, that’s the post-recall power limit that goes into effect to help preserve the contactors until they can be replaced.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yup, that’s the post-recall power limit that goes into effect to help preserve the contactors until they can be replaced.
....just thought I'd verify for the people that haven't see or heard of it since I have the actual output displayed on my phone right between dash and center screens. It certainly does make a difference in driving, and encourages people to take the car into the Dealership I suppose.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The update today from my Dealership, now that DTC was verified and part was ordered is 'Supplier says part is backordered'.... with NO info or offer to expedite, or pull from Production line.

@Ford Motor Company are you listening ? You have my Alert in FordPass, you know my VIN, the order has been placed.... and you expect me to believe that you don't have ANY HVBJB that you can ship from Production inventory? I'd be willing to bet you haven't stopped building new Mach-e.

I am PISSED OFF this is being handled so poorly. It is harder and harder to answer people when they ask how I like my car.

========= update 10/19 ==========

turns out that if the Dealership creates a 'COPIS ticket' rather than a normal parts order, they won't hit the 'backordered' wall, they will move into expedited resolution an likely to get the replacement HVBJB in 3-5 days.

I'm still pissed off that Dealers cannot inventory these replacement parts, but it is good to know the Dealerships do have a way to get the parts if they are aware of the process and trained to do the replacement.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The update today from my Dealership, now that DTC was verified and part was ordered is 'Supplier says part is backordered'.... with NO info or offer to expedite, or pull from Production line.

@Ford Motor Company are you listening ? You have my Alert in FordPass, you know my VIN, the order has been placed.... and you expect me to believe that you don't have ANY HVBJB that you can ship from Production inventory? I'd be willing to bet you haven't stopped building new Mach-e.

I am PISSED OFF this is being handled so poorly. It is harder and harder to answer people when they ask how I like my car.
Dan, you should be talking to your BEV case manager about this and having them contact the dealer to verify the part was ordered the correct way in COPIS. The part should arrive 3-5 business days after it is correctly ordered. The process is different than most parts. If it’s not ordered correctly it will never come. Ford does keep them in stock at the regional depots.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Dan, you should be talking to your BEV case manager about this and having them contact the dealer to verify the part was ordered the correct way in COPIS. The part should arrive 3-5 business days after it is correctly ordered. The process is different than most parts. If it’s not ordered correctly it will never come. Ford does keep them in stock at the regional depots.

How do I get a BEV case manager ?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
How do I get a BEV case manager ?
You can contact the Ford social account you tagged on here and ask them to assign one for you, or call Ford customer service directly at (800) 241-3673. When they answer, ask for a BEV team case manager so they transfer you (hopefully not too many times).

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
You can contact the Ford social account you tagged on here and ask them to assign one for you, or call Ford customer service directly at (800) 241-3673. When they answer, ask for a BEV team case manager so they transfer you (hopefully not too many times).
well that sounds horrible and time consuming. time is money . ;( !!!
I will try PM to @Ford Motor Company first

But thats for the info. I'm resenting every step of this insane process...

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Here is the big tip of the day.... which I will also edit into my top post:

I found out that the best way to expedite the Order is to make sure the Dealership knows they have to order the part thru their 'COPIS' program. This resulted in the Order for the part being accepted same day, and shipped with 'expedited' delivery to my Dealership. I am still waiting for confirmation from the 'Case Manager' 4 days later.... So, I would suggest you don't waste your time on hold with Customer service. Just make sure your Dealership orders the HVBJB thru the COPIS process.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
this turned out to be a time sucking abyss.....

much more effective to make your Dealership aware this particular part can be expedited if they use the COPIS order process.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
this turned out to be a time sucking abyss.....

much more effective to make your Dealership aware this particular part can be expedited if they use the COPIS order process.
If you can talk to the right person at the dealer that knows how to do a COPIS order, great, but for others they only got somewhere after getting a case manager to communicate with the right people. Results will vary depending on who you get as a case manager.

It would have been helpful if Ford mentioned the COPIS requirement in the TSB rather than assuming the dealer parts people will figure it out. The TSB should be updated.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

THIS was the key info missing from the TSB.
I passed this on to my Dealership, and they re-ran the order thru COPIS and delivery was made 5 days later.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I looked up what the COPIS program is.... and found this:

A Customer Online Parts Inquiry System (COPIS) ticket is required when a part is backordered, vehicle off-road (VOR) must be indicated. • Rental: Rental is available if parts are backordered and COPIS ticket with VOR indicated is attached.

this indicates to me that a Dealership basically has to go thru COPIS to get a replacement HVBJB, and when they do get your vehicle in to replace, they need to give you a loaner or rental for the duration since the part was ordered via COPIS and your MME qualifies as VOR, particularly if your situation moves from SVS to SSN and MME is dead.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
so.... today I got a response from the Case manager (to which I was assigned 5 days ago). Basically, no more assistance is needed since my Dealership worked with me to order the part via COPIS, and should be wrapping up my replacement later today/tomorrow. I just stopped by dealership.... they got a late start, but car is on the lift and dismemberment has commenced.

But..... I did take the time to email her back with three recommendations to improve customer service and PR regarding the HVBJB recall. Hopefully someone at @Ford Motor Company notices and runs it up to Execs that can actually do something to smooth this process out.

Here is what I sent to my assigned 'Case Manager'

Thanks for the followup Kiara.
Yes, the Capitol Ford Dealership ServiceTeam has been outstanding in expediting this Recall Service remove/replace once we discovered that the order for the replacement HVBJB must be placed thru your COPIS system to expedite rather than get stuck in the 'regular' parts order that shows this part as 'backordered' forever.
I would highly recommend:
1. that the TSB 22-2178 be updated to clearly indicate to Dealerships that the COPIS order system should be used to order and expedite shipment of the appropriate HVBJB. There are many dealerships out there that have not done these replacements yet, and are unaware that the regular system may show these parts as backordered 'forever'.
2. that Dealerships, or Ford Corporate, enables 'remote read/verification' of DTC via FDRS when Customers report 'Service Vehicle Soon' Alert with details indicating 'high voltage battery warning'. The wait for a Service appt at the dealership to verify DTC is unnecessary with technology that is available. The wait for an appt, trip time, and wait time for the DTC read that *could* be done remotely is highly unsatisfying as a Customer.
3. Dealerships that have sold Mach-es subject to TSB 22-2178 ( one or more of the 50,000 vehicles Built on or before 28-May-2022), *should* be allowed to inventory at least one of each of the replacement HVBJB corresponding to Mach-e models they have sold; RWD, AWD, GT. The wait for the replacement part, even 3-5 days thru COPIS, is highly unsatisfactory for a Customer... Particularly when the possibility of needing a physical replacement for a 'real' recall solution has been known for months. I would expect the Dealership that sold me the car to have at least one in stock since it is a KNOWN part needed to resolve a KNOWN recall problem.
If these three suggestions are adopted, the typical HVBJB response/remove/replace could happen in 1-3 days instead of 1-3 weeks, and avoid all the wasted time and worry as well as avoiding expensive tows if and when the issue moves from 'Service Vehicle Soon' to dead on the road stranding an Owner with 'Stop Safely Now'.
Regards,
Dan Baker
Sponsored

Last edited: