Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
says First Edition on door plate, red stiching on seats. But overall the FE and the RT1 are Premium models just with dual motor and upgraded performance.
Also stainless steel pedals (or some metal alloy).
Sponsored

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Locked up back by the body shop. My salesman said there were about 20 staff from the dealer checking it out when they were unloading it from the truck. No front plates for Michigan!
That is how it was in 2010 when I got like the first 3rd Gen Prius delivered in Oregon with a Solar/moon roof. My salesman had to hide it out back and keep the keys with him to keep everyone else at the dealership from taking it on a joy ride.

So now, I am really stressed out. What if I can't think of a clever name for my Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E before it arrives at the end of February? Ideas please.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
...So now, I am really stressed out. What if I can't think of a clever name for my Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E before it arrives at the end of February? Ideas please.
<Nerd alert> Uh oh, are these cars like Anne McCaffrey's Dragons where they don't come to you unless you name them?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Now see two differences between first Ed. and premium... body colored fender flares and red calipers. I’m sure there are others in the interior.
Also:
  • Body colored mirror caps

• Perforated ActiveXTM Seating Material with red or blue stitching
  • Diamond Alloy Instrument Panel AppliquĂ©

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Man, I don't know but maybe if the Superbowl had a different name or called right the bills could win one.

Might be too "nerdy"?
Sigh. 0-4 and the only one that was really close was the first one. Last time the Bills won it all was back in the AFL. Lost the AFL Championship game in 1966 (and the right to go to Super Bowl 1) to...you guessed it, the Chiefs.
Licking my wounds and thinking about hockey for a while. Was not impressed with the behavior of the Chiefs in that game but don't think any calls/non-calls would have changed the result. Scoring touchdowns from inside the 10 and slowing down a certain tight end might have changed the result......

I was figuring only other nerds like me would have read McCaffrey........?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Sigh. 0-4 and the only one that was really close was the first one. Last time the Bills won it all was back in the AFL. Lost the AFL Championship game in 1966 (and the right to go to Super Bowl 1) to...you guessed it, the Chiefs.
Licking my wounds and thinking about hockey for a while. Was not impressed with the behavior of the Chiefs in that game but don't think any calls/non-calls would have changed the result. Scoring touchdowns from inside the 10 and slowing down a certain tight end might have changed the result......

I was figuring only other nerds like me would have read McCaffrey........?
buffalo is a class of their own. the donating of money to the Lamar Jackson fund was amazing. bills made a lot of fans with the class they showed.

OP
OP
Tsand4

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
First Impression:
-WOW!
-a few words to describe based on my first 100 miles of driving
Fun, Intuitive, Responsive, Effortless
The Mach-E is a fine example of quality design, engineering and craftmanship. It was a big step for Ford to jump "all in" to the BEV market and I think they have a winner.
I am slowly delving into all the nuances so this is clearly not a "full" review.
INTERIOR: very spacious, comfortable seats (that warm quickly on a 28° day), premium quality interior in that it doesn't feel too cold and plastic nor are there any rattles or squeaks. As others have mentioned, it feels like something is missing by not having tilt adjustment with power seats for extra thigh support. Love the heated steering wheel.
RIDE: Loving it and still playing with it. Acceleration is quick but not overpowering. Handling is very responsive with a lean toward comfort (it's not too tight). I have yet to turn off traction control and have primarily used 1-pedal drive and it handles really well on a snow packed road with minimal slip or slide. I like 1-pedal but need to get used to it at slow speed maneuvering such as driveways and parking. My one warning is Be Careful. The ride is so smooth and quite, it is way too easy to get up to 80+ and not realize it. Also be careful because it could be very easy to be "That Guy" that drives like an "ass hat" (I believe that was the phrase used in a prior post about adaptive cruise control).
TECHNOLOGY: No lag noted with Sync 4 system. Controls are very easy/intuitive to use. Connected phones with both Android Auto and Apple Car Play effortlessly. Phone As Key has glitches as phone is not always recognized and requires Ford Pass app to remain open which could be potential phone battery drain issue.
QUIRKS: Yes, there are a few and some may be due to my not yet knowing or lack of experience. Auto high beams were turned off quickly as they came on in situations that I would never use high beams resulting in me "shining" my neighbors. Frunk lid opening from inside cabin only is nearly pointless and will limit the functional use of frunk space. Frunk lid takes an extra push after lowering to latch fully. Seems like too much force and will clearly result in hand prints on the hood (especially after wings from tailgating). Frunk space seemed smaller in real life. My daughter tried charging her phone from USB at back of center console and it didn't appear to work (could be her cord?). Security system prompts asking you if you want motion sensors disabled upon turning off vehicle. I suggest turning it off, especially while you or or others are sitting in the car in driveway or parking lot while playing around with the new toy. It will set off the alarm with movement or upon exiting if the doors have already locked after prolonged sitting. I did learn that quickly turning the car back on will turn off the alarm. The alarm was also set off when someone pulled into an adjacent parking space while still at the dealer. I believe the sensitivity can be adjusted but haven't gotten there yet.

Finally, be prepared for the attention your Mach-E attracts. I am excited for you all to take delivery of your own. The Mach-E brings the fun back to driving and it was worth the wait.

I will keep you posted as I spend more time with Shadow. If you have any specific questions, please ask and I will try to answer.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
. . . As others have mentioned, it feels like something is missing by not having tilt adjustment with power seats for extra thigh support. . .
I think if I decide I want a certain tilt in the seat, I may insert some spacers under the front mounts so I can at least get a permanent tilt the feels good. We Americans love to mod our cars.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
@Tsand4, Thanks for the write up and glad you are having fun!
Now we need more pictures. :)
I will be curious about your fast charging experience at EA stations.

OP
OP
Tsand4

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Tsand4, Thanks for the write up and glad you are having fun!
Now we need more pictures. :)
I will be curious about your fast charging experience at EA stations.
I will add some more pictures in the days ahead. As far as fast charging, I will rarely use it or other commercial charging as 99% of my driving/battery charging will be handled by my Chargepoint Home Flex that I have installed at home.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Frunk: What if you just drop the hood from about 1' or 2' high? (Like I do with just about any hood to make sure it closes)

OP
OP
Tsand4

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Frunk: What if you just drop the hood from about 1' or 2' high? (Like I do with just about any hood to make sure it closes)
I have tried that a few times and has yet to work. I think it is a combination of the resistance from the hydraulic lift tubes as well as the insulation/trim that provides the air tight seal. Perhaps this will improve over time/use and as weather warms up.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Production/Born date was 12/16/20, shipped 12/31/20 and arrived in KC 1/15/21. Was held up in Stop Ship for QC with anticipated delivery 3/16. This past Sunday, Palsapp.com showed pending for final delivery via carrier. Dispatched 1/25 and showed up at dealership late this afternoon (1/26).
I was impressed with the fit/finish and overall aesthetics on my first seeing/sitting in it as I have not had the opportunity of a Mach-E tour dealer showing anywhere near me. This was my first viewing of anything more than a pre-production rendering or photos on the internet.
FWIW, sales manager heard the QC was related to a wiring harness, so nothing too significant and obviously a quick turnaround. Perhaps one of our amazing insiders could verify if they are able?
I will take delivery Wednesday and plan to find some good snow to see how she handles. If I can't find any, we are expecting another 3"+ this weekend. I'll post my initial impressions/review tomorrow night.
what is the Palsapp.com you mention ? is this a way to get some details on location during transit?

I am hoping that the route between MX factory, and my delivery in New Mexico, is not 6 weeks....
Sponsored