So long, it's been fun.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your comment and I'll admit that it is easy to take all these things personally.
I don't think it reasonable or even logical that we should all receive personal attention from top level executives.
Actually my biggest disappointment and source of unhappiness springs from public statements made by said executives.
VP of sales for USA and CANADA, communicated to some buyers who Ford identified to be suffering a delay, graciously promising compensation for this.
I totally understand that this gesture is very generous and also not something they were obligated to do, my thanks to Ford.
Obviously no-one can expect this process, on this scale, to go smoothly and especially not in this global pandemic, so I salute ford for the gesture.
Now the issue is that this public announcement from a top level executive, is actually a half truth, as Ford Canada actually has no intention of honoring this.
Canadian dealerships have made it clear that this does not apply here.
I was fine to wait-albeit grumpy because of delay- but understanding that it is not personal, stuff happens , and it is done so ultimately I as the consumer receive the quality product.
But now I feel that it is no longer about me personally, but about my entire country being excluded.
I expected nothing from Ford , understanding that it is not realistic to receive any personal care for my single vehicle out of global millions, and they are the best they can with what they have; until this public empty promise was made.
I agree, we should not need to ask the CEO for help. I'm glad that those that have asked have received the help, though.

Are you saying they sent you the 250 kWh email and are now saying they didn't mean it because you're Canadian? That hopefully isn't what's happening.
Sponsored

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I agree, we should not need to ask the CEO for help. I'm glad that those that have asked have received the help, though.

Are you saying they sent you the 250 kWh email and are now saying they didn't mean it because you're Canadian? That hopefully isn't what's happening.
What happened was that I read about this in the media and saw the letter on the Forum, signed by the VP of Sales for both countries.
Never received any e-mails and other Canadians on the Regional forum here did not either. I'm sorry if this is incorrect, I should say as far as I knew then)
FYI yesterday marked 12 weeks since my car was built and 9 weeks since it left Mexico, ETA still 3 weeks away, so I would think "delayed" is applicable.
Dealership here and later discussions with Ford Canada CS, confirmed that this does not extend to Canadians waiting.
I'm upset because the executive with "Canada" in his job description, makes a promise that turns out to exclude Canadians, but never actually says so.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
What happened was that I read about this in the media and saw the letter on the Forum, signed by the VP of Sales for both countries.
Never received any e-mails and other Canadians on the Regional forum here did not either.
FYI yesterday marked 12 weeks since my car was built and 9 weeks since it left Mexico, ETA still 3 weeks away, so I would think "delayed" is applicable.
Dealership here and later discussions with Ford Canada CS, confirmed that this does not extend to Canadians waiting.
I'm upset because the executive with "Canada" in his job description, makes a promise that turns out to exclude Canadians, but never actually says so.
Ahh... yeah I can see where that does set expectations.

Do Canadian owners get 250 kWh with Electrify Canada? Or is there no equivalent program at all?

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Ahh... yeah I can see where that does set expectations.

Do Canadian owners get 250 kWh with Electrify Canada? Or is there no equivalent program at all?
I have not yet received my car.
From what I have read from other Canadians who had, and from discussions with my dealership, we get nothing for free, not the original 250kw or the additional 250kw for the delay.
We get 2 year free access to Fordpass app (which is free already) and as far as a first time Ford customer knows (obviously I could be wrong) doesn't come with additional benefits.

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
I really hate that y'all have had bad experiences, I really encourage you to reach out to Ford and let them know why you're going elsewhere. I called the customer service number and emailed the execs (their emails are in my post bragging about Ford) and was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them.

I'm no insider, I don't have any previous connection to Ford. But the only way for them to know the system is broken is to actually hear from real people. If you look at my post history, I was very critical of the vehicle tracking process and found it ridiculous that I could track a pizza delivery much simpler than my $60k car.

It shouldn't be this difficult to get transparency from Ford, but if enough people tell them they've taken their business elsewhere because of it they'll have to make changes. I really hope you all enjoy your new purchases as much as I'm enjoying my MME, and will reach out to Ford for the good of everyone else still waiting on this board.
I wanted to let you know that I also emailed the Ford execs- using the email addresses that you provided in your previous post- and Ford called me back the very next day! I mentioned how not offering the $7,500 FTC as a reduction of the MSRP on a lease (Lease Cash, Cap Cost Reduction, Instant Rebate, whatever they wish to call it) was a dealbreaker for me. Because all of the other EV manufacturers (who still have access to the FTC) are giving it back to their customers when they decide to lease their vehicles. VW for example, gives their customers the full $7,500 as an instant reduction off the MSRP. Chevy gave me about a $6K reduction on my Volt when I leased it in 2018 (they still had access to the FTC at that time). I mean, I can lease a completely equal vehicle (price, range, HP, size, etc) for FAR LESS that the MME right now. Granted, the MME is my top choice, but my wallet still get stop priority :cool:

FYI- I spoke with the customer care rep for Ford Credit for at least 30 minutes. She was VERY kind and helpful, although she didn't really give me any new info. I still don't understand why Ford won't offer the $7,500 as a price reduction on a traditional lease. She of course promoted the Ford Options plan, which I'm well aware of, but I'm just not interested in utilizing the FTC that way. And I also don't wish to purchase an EV at this time.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Never received any e-mails and other Canadians on the Regional forum here did not either. I'm sorry if this is incorrect, I should say as far as I knew then)
We have identical projected shipping times. Both of us should get the extra charging hours. in the FWIW department though, there are no EA chargers in Hawaii and non planned. I'll never be able to use the 500 kWh they've apparently credited me with. So we're sort of even there? ;)

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Yeah, I know. But I passed on a Bolt in 2018. I might consider the updated model, or the EUV. Although they won't arrive until after my current Volt lease ends (I can extend my lease though, for up to 6 months). I have two friends who are actually taking advantage of these incredible Bolt deals as we speak! We'll see what happens. I've got time. Thanks for the heads up though!

OP
OP
theblueone

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
Just curious which model did you choose? I saw premium plus but which was most comparable to Mache
The e-tron Premium Plus is what we got, which I think is most comparable to the MME First Edition. Each of the e-tron models is AWD with one battery option (95 kwh, software limited to 84 kwh), so they should all be compared against the MME 4x variants.

In my opinion the base "premium" trim e-tron is a little weaker on features (missing a lot of the driver assist and 360 degree awareness), but you can get most of that back with the "comfort package". The only real difference between "premium plus" and "premium with comfort" is that the premium plus trim has a B&O sound system and actively heated and cooled ventilated seats. I'm a bit of an audiophile, so I sat in both variants and decided it was worth my money. The top model is the "prestige" trim, which I didn't even look at too closely because of the additional cost. I know it has some HUD elements projected on the windshield, but I couldn't tell you what other differentiators there are.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Mach-E is more of a pilot's car, I'm guessing that you will like it more than the Audi. Your member pic brings back memories of the NAVY T-44 I flew in training way too many years ago.
You are probably correct. Interesting in that my dealer called last night. My car has arrived. Guess the email I sent to Bill Ford and the phone call I received from the Executive office made things move faster. The call promised me the car this week.

Karizzmma

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4x
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The dealer mentioned by the OP is my dealer as well (Towne Ford in Redwood City, Ca). Thus far, they have been responsive and transparent for me. As the OP mentioned, they will have his Grabber Blue FE available in a couple of days. If that’s your flavor and you’re in the market, reach out to Kevin Ibarra ([email protected]) (650) 766-8708. They are a NO ADM dealer and accept X-plan. I just wish it were Star White, but hopefully mine will arrive soon!

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
That is wild, $49 a month lease with 10k miles. Great for local drivers. Not sure what the taxes and additional would add to the monthly cost.

They are actually listing a lower trim model for $29 a month.

mcyee1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy
Country flag
The dealer mentioned by the OP is my dealer as well (Towne Ford in Redwood City, Ca). Thus far, they have been responsive and transparent for me. As the OP mentioned, they will have his Grabber Blue FE available in a couple of days. If that’s your flavor and you’re in the market, reach out to Kevin Ibarra ([email protected]) (650) 766-8708. They are a NO ADM dealer and accept X-plan. I just wish it were Star White, but hopefully mine will arrive soon!
I was there yesterday and there it was sitting in the showroom. I’ve had my GB FE for a couple of weeks and still love the car - no issues except the Sirius preset situation. I’ve worked well with Kevin and Towne - they’ve been dealing with situations that are really not in their control.
Sponsored