What a long strange trip it's been ...

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Personally, If I was Ford, I'd have ensured the first set of cars went to Hawaii and Florida. To, you know, get reports under mild conditions. Not that I have any personal interest in that sort of set up. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah and in Hawaii you won't hear of any issues using DCFC either.. :)
Sponsored

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Personally, If I was Ford, I'd have ensured the first set of cars went to Hawaii and Florida. To, you know, get reports under mild conditions. Not that I have any personal interest in that sort of set up. :rolleyes:
You'd get a lot of good test reports from people driving 34 mph in the passing lane. ;)

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think its because half of the United States is below freezing right now. Lol
Lol I know ?

I was just being silly, but at the same time seeing those ranges has to be causing at least some prospective BEV buyers that live in colder states to hesitate. Hell, I've been staying up to date on all the newest EV and battery technologies and counting down the years to when I'd be able to get a BEV to replace my PHEV, and even I've been shocked at the low cold weather ranges (I knew it was a thing, but not that it could knock 30-50% off the efficiency). And that's probably/likely because I live in a city that almost never gets below 50 or above 80 degrees, so all the many EV owners I know never complain about ranges in their Teslas, etc.

If Ford follows user feedback online this may play into their next release for the F150 Electric - either release it in the summer or start with shipments to the sun belt and California if it's the late fall/winter/early spring ??

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Looks like my delivery saga is about to come to a happy ending.

WIth a build date of 12/24 and an initial ship date of 12/31, Ford's ETA for me was the third week of January. To be honest, I was feeling a bit smug that I was going to get one of the earliest deliveries. Then the Speedway happened. Two weeks in a Quality Check timeout and then on 1/26, an email from my dealer that the car was on a truck and headed north, with a new ETA of 1/27 - 2/2.

And then, nothing. The palsapp.com changed from Dispatched to Pending, which was worrisome. More nothing. My dealer reached out to Jack Cooper Transport but no initial response. Finally, on 2/2 we learned that the transport truck had broken down 60 miles south of the Twin Cities! Jack Cooper promised to to get the car delivered "by the end of the week". The dealer was furious and escalated the issue up to the regional Ford rep.

Well, as of last night the pony is finally in the stable and getting warmed up. We've scheduled the delivery for Saturday. I may run over there at lunch today just to put eyes on it. Email from my dealer: "sleep well tonight because your Mach-E is here!!! Let me tell you, after 20+ years in this biz I don’t get too excited about much anymore. But this this is REALLY cool!".

Can't wait until tomorrow. Will update once I get everything set up.
146868713_10158034742212239_5591995386795927652_o.jpg
Awesome! Jealous. Beautiful. GB FE build date 12/21. Original eta 2/15 in Seattle area. Yeah... still sitting in Mexico (as of Friday at least, I don’t check every day...). Smh.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Great story! I'm glad it worked out for you.

My dealer didn't mention the $100 credit on the $600 Autopilot 360 Assisted Driving package but I read enough to be under the impression that anyone who bought a car before the Assisted Driving update is available will just get the $100 credit. (I hope that's accurate).

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Congratulations! I'm not sure if your lucky or I'm just unlucky. Mine was built two days earlier then yours, shipped out on the same date 12/31 and is now apparently lost in some rail yard in Missouri. Glad your story has a happy ending.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Why does it seem that 90% of folks that received their Mach Es are in places where it's below zero or at the least below freezing lol
We're the guinea pigs for Norway. That Super Bowl commercial with Will Ferrell and Ford's response was great!

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
We're the guinea pigs for Norway. That Super Bowl commercial with Will Ferrell and Ford's response was great!
I loved the GM commercial, but missed Ford's response (didn't watch the game, just saw when someone posted the GM commercial here on this site). I'll have to do a search for the Ford response.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I loved the GM commercial, but missed Ford's response (didn't watch the game, just saw when someone posted the GM commercial here on this site). I'll have to do a search for the Ford response.
They had Mach E's out delivering pizzas in Norway.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Their response was online (Twitter, Instagram) not really aired during the game.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Just realized the pals app is only for the train ride. I found another mach e that had the same dates as me on pals app but went from voltz to florida already. I guess trucks go pretty far

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just realized the pals app is only for the train ride. I found another mach e that had the same dates as me on pals app but went from voltz to florida already. I guess trucks go pretty far
Palsapp is for the trucking contractor working around Kansas City, mainly to take a Mach E from one rail yard to another. That Mach E probably took a train from Voltz to Florida, but it just wouldn't appear on Palsapp because that leg of the journey is over.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Palsapp is for the trucking contractor working around Kansas City, mainly to take a Mach E from one rail yard to another. That Mach E probably took a train from Voltz to Florida, but it just wouldn't appear on Palsapp because that leg of the journey is over.
I see. Is there any other place I can track?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I see. Is there any other place I can track?
Unfortunately not that people have identified. If you have a good relationship with your dealer, they have access to something called Visibility Viewer (I think that's the name), and they can tell you exactly where your Mach E might be, might even share the screenshot with you.

For example, with me, Palsapp had no new info to show after my Mach E was brought to Kansas City and taken to the Muncie yard - Palsapp just showed delivered at that point with a delivery receipt. But my dealer was able to track the next train, telling me when it was in Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and then California.
Sponsored