So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed!

Not Stang E

First Name
Anush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium RWD ext
Occupation
Business Analyst
Country flag
Anyone have a really loose gear selector? I haven’t taken delivery yet (tomorrow) but noticed how substantially loose and wobbly the gear dial is in comparison to the explorer I’m driving right now.
By loose it has lesser tension between gears than my Chrysler 200 but it's certainly not loose where u don't know if it is in the right gear or if it will pop out of one.
Sponsored

Clydesdale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M Roadster. Chevy Tahoe. Tesla model3.
Country flag
In the software world the quality control mentality has evolved into a get it out and fix any issues not caught in testing post ship as software updates are relatively easy :(, for manufacturing you would expect less of that. For tesla the build quality has never been that great from the start and it seems to take them a while to sort it out, this is made worse by them ramping up to produce a large number of vehicles.

Most new vehicles have teething problems however unlike tesla like legacy manufacturers have been making cars for decades so there really should be no excuses in this day an age so potential lemons and teething issues should be kept to a minimum.

The fact there are issues for what by ford standards is such a low volume of manufacture and expensive vehicle is disappointing to see especially since customers have been waiting a very long time since making a reservation, ford should have learnt from the mess of the explorer launch so lets hope for a swift resolution to all these issues so that all new owners get to enjoy their shiny new purchase as expected.
Although it may seem like forever that this car was under development, it really came to market pretty quickly. Especially considering the entirely new drivetrain, electrical (battery) and related software architectures. This is a very complex system! Yes, mechanically it is simpler than ICE, but those ICE systems have benefited from iterations over the last 100 years. Kudos to the engineers.

The good thing is that if designed properly, OTA will be able to fix and enhance many things over time, and without needing to return to service. The hardware will get improved with time too, with redesigns and updated manufacturing processes. That may not directly benefit the early adopters, but in the meantime rest assured with the Ford warranty for any of the outliers.

Early adopters are the pioneers of a brave new world!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
By loose it has lesser tension between gears than my Chrysler 200 but it's certainly not loose where u don't know if it is in the right gear or if it will pop out of one.
someone, @SnBGC maybe, was telling me that the dial actually goes "past" the stop - it's kind of "freewheeling"... but it doesn't pop out of gear or anything.

in 2093 when my car arrives I'll see what I think. :)

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Anyone have a really loose gear selector? I haven’t taken delivery yet (tomorrow) but noticed how substantially loose and wobbly the gear dial is in comparison to the explorer I’m driving right now.
it is looser than the one that was in my Fusion Energi. But i wouldn't consider it a concern

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
it is looser than the one that was in my Fusion Energi. But i wouldn't consider it a concern
My initial concerns were before I took delivery. When I took the car home they had done something to the gear selector and it was much tighter. Not as firm as the explorer but not offensive now

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just curious. Are people in moderate weather as in California also having the 12V battery issue?
Or is it only happening in the regions hit by the Arctic cold front?

Battery power being reduced due to extreme cold is quite common. I haven't read all 15 pages. Has Ford said anything on when it will resolve the 12V battery draining issue?
im in NorCal. I have had zero issues. Not battery, not screen whine, not phone as key, nothing. Car has been perfect.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Man, that Ford escalation did wonders... :)
Well my experience up to getting that car sucked. ?

Knock on wood no problems have crept up so far. I mainly posted because I don’t want people to be deterred from buying this car. It’s a great car.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well my experience up to getting that car sucked. ?

Knock on wood no problems have crept up so far. I mainly posted because I don’t want people to be deterred from buying this car. It’s a great car.
No issues. Car is beyond compare. The squeaky wheel gets the kick, as they say. ;)

Joking aside, I expected some issues as an early adopter. I'm one of those who gets early access games to actually help find and fix bugs because it's fun. Worst I've had is sync taking an extra 5 seconds or so to respond when I first start the car...

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did UAT, (User Accessibility Testing), at Apple for a few years. This all sounds like fun to me.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can confirm that if there is a major fault where the car is not drivable the dial will lock into place. When Ford was updating to add a token (car data tracking) the MME went into fault. The FE had to get someone to clear it, after clearing it was freewheeling again. I personally don't mind how it operates but would rather it stop to the left for park and stop to the right for drive.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Still the optimist, I see.

We should have a contest. Who gets theirs delivered to the dealer last. Price is right rules. Winner (loser?) gets ... something?
They both get their cars.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I can confirm that if there is a major fault where the car is not drivable the dial will lock into place. When Ford was updating to add a token (car data tracking) the MME went into fault. The FE had to get someone to clear it, after clearing it was freewheeling again. I personally don't mind how it operates but would rather it stop to the left for park and stop to the right for drive.
Add me to the ones that would prefer the shifter stops at park and drive. I see no purpose in allowing it to freewheel.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't have any issues either, just can,t charge with 240 V.
Sponsored