Software Gremlins: "Drive mode not available"

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
*edit as I see with last update Unbridled is misspelled when I looked at the pic I just uploaded…Come on FIRD, check your spelling 🤪🧐

Add my Job 1 SR/AWD to this annoying list.
Car has been largely error free lately (funny to type that, that’s where we are with these tech-laden vehicles) so it was frustrating. Mine occurred 3 times in a 10 minute period today while city driving. It was vey noticeable as it seemed to default to Whisper as was stated earlier in the thread, but it did not register that on screen.
I drive always in Unbridled, so the difference in the OPD let off pulling up to a stoplight surprised a bit.
I toggled the ‘settings screen‘ back to Unbridle {sic} and it ”held“ that setting for a couple blocks, and then did it once more before I got to destination and powered off for a bit. After restart seems that reset worked. Will see if it happens again, sounds like a trip to dealer anyway,, and then can acquire my freebie 2nd fob which will sit collecting dust with its brother. I am a PAAK man.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Gremlins: "Drive mode not available" 9B7A8F67-C470-4364-80A7-8DD8510BFA97
Sponsored

.Eduardo

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e GT, Mustang GT Petty Edition
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sadly ours also have that problem. Our dealer tried to fix it but no joy. Still happening.
They called me and left a voice-mail. I will talk with them about it. It's an annoyance and a bad surprise when you let the foot go from the pedal without Unbridled.

bd08037

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium all wheel drive
Country flag
I just had this happen to me. I'm on software 4.2.3. Today was the first time that it happened. After a few moments, I was able to go back into unbridled, then it dropped out again. I have a F150 LIghtning and this never happened with that (hopefully it won't)

Has anyone had any instances where it happened on any other drive modes or is it just happening with unbridled?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I just had this happen to me. I'm on software 4.2.3. Today was the first time that it happened. After a few moments, I was able to go back into unbridled, then it dropped out again. I have a F150 LIghtning and this never happened with that (hopefully it won't)

Has anyone had any instances where it happened on any other drive modes or is it just happening with unbridled?
Good morning- Can you tell us more about this? Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information and I'll check things out on my end.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Not sure if this got mentioned here, there is a fix but it’s waiting to be released.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Not sure if this got mentioned here, there is a fix but it’s waiting to be released.
Yeah, I think it is right behind the headlight switch fix that is due to be released October, 2022. 🤣

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag

Happens to me and I have mine set to Whisper.

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
This "Drive mode not available" has been happening to me for months, most recently early this week. I get it maybe 1 in 10 drives and it goes away on the next drive. It doesn't stress me out but is a bit of a safety issue if you are accustomed to driving in unbridled and expect the car to slow down when you let off the accelerator and you suddenly realize that you need to brake hard because the car defaulted to whisper. I have not yet reached the point where I am annoyed enough make a painful trip to the dealer as I hope in vain for a software fix and I see that others have tried that without any satisfaction so I'll probably wait until I have reason to believe that they have root-cause and a fix.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Happened again to me, first time in a while , when I was driving in horrendous traffic. Didn’t notice any change in car behavior so wasn't concerned.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
This was happening for me, a few times in March and April, I am on 4.2.6 and have not had it in a few weeks, it may have stopped for me after 4.2.5. or it will happen when I leave in 15min.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This "Drive mode not available" has been happening to me for months, most recently early this week. I get it maybe 1 in 10 drives and it goes away on the next drive. It doesn't stress me out but is a bit of a safety issue if you are accustomed to driving in unbridled and expect the car to slow down when you let off the accelerator and you suddenly realize that you need to brake hard because the car defaulted to whisper. I have not yet reached the point where I am annoyed enough make a painful trip to the dealer as I hope in vain for a software fix and I see that others have tried that without any satisfaction so I'll probably wait until I have reason to believe that they have root-cause and a fix.
Good morning- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
This warning started showing up again for me. Car went to engage but I could select unbridle immediately, which is a little different.

Dad Bod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GTPE, 2016 Lexus CT200h
Country flag
I had this happen for the first time yesterday; I’m on Powerup v4.25. and usually drive in Unbridled 1-Pedal mode.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I had this happen for the first time yesterday; I’m on Powerup v4.25. and usually drive in Unbridled 1-Pedal mode.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored