Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I know the Premium doesn't have the black headliner like the FE, but does the Premium with black interior have a gray headliner or is it cream colored like it is with the light space gray interior?
The PRemium we drove yesterday has the light "grey?" color in the overhead pillars.
Sponsored

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Everything I've read about the car has been nearly spot-on, and if I were grading it, would have to give it an A- overall. The FordPass and CarPlay issues are what's preventing me from giving it an A. I hope the OTAs correct some of the deficiencies.
[/QUOTE]

Question on lane centering: How well does lane centering do? I have it now in a Honda, but notice that it seems to bounce me from one side of the lane to the other, rather than truly keeping in center of the lane.
Thanks.

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
You FE people are really trying to rub it in with these previously unaware of special features like the black headliner aren't ya? ? I guess that extra $3k wasn't so bad after all...
Itā€™s about $7K Canadian and we didnā€™t get the $5K off the price as in the USA.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Question on lane centering: How well does lane centering do? I have it now in a Honda, but notice that it seems to bounce me from one side of the lane to the other, rather than truly keeping in center of the lane.
Thanks.
I think it's pretty good from the brief time I used it.

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
For the ground: it depends what the requirements were. I think the electrian made a delta configuration with 3 phases instead of a split phase with ground. If that's the case he can use one of the three phase-cables for ground and leave the other two to connected (probably the cable have the wrong color if he really intended to make a delta config)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For the ground: it depends what the requirements were. I think the electrian made a delta configuration with 3 phases instead of a split phase with ground. If that's the case he can use one of the three phase-cables for ground and leave the other two to connected (probably the cable have the wrong color if he really intended to make a delta config)
We don't have 3-phase power for homes in the US. An electrician would know that.

RobbH

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I think it's pretty good from the brief time I used it.
Did you find it favored on side of the lane? I tried it on the freeway and it did great but it stayed uncomfortably close to the right line. Wouldnā€˜t have been a problem if I was in the slow lane but I was in the fast lane. People here tend to stay to the left of the lane generally so we would have been too close if I left it on. I think if we were out further on the interstate away from inter-city traffic it would have been good. It drives much smoother and less ā€œping-pongingā€ than my Subaru with eyesight.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you find it favored on side of the lane? I tried it on the freeway and it did great but it stayed uncomfortably close to the right line. Wouldnā€˜t have been a problem if I was in the slow lane but I was in the fast lane. People here tend to stay to the left of the lane generally so we would have been too close if I left it on. I think if we were out further on the interstate away from inter-city traffic it would have been good. It drives much smoother and less ā€œping-pongingā€ than my Subaru with eyesight.
I didn't feel it favoring to the right when it was engaged, but I didn't get too much time using it once the snow started falling and the cameras couldn't see the lane markers anymore.

RobbH

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE - Grabber Blue
Country flag
My apple car play does not work.
Is it working when you use a cable? I had issues with the wireless CarPlay at first but after I hooked it up once with a cable it has worked since. Might be a coincidence though...

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is it working when you use a cable? I had issues with the wireless CarPlay at first but after I hooked it up once with a cable it has worked since. Might be a coincidence though...
Works fine via cable. Sometimes I have no issues wireless, others I do. I'm going to keep working on it as I think it has something to do with the phone pairing. Does anyone else have two BT connections to the car on their phones?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Works fine via cable. Sometimes I have no issues wireless, others I do. I'm going to keep working on it as I think it has something to do with the phone pairing. Does anyone else have two BT connections to the car on their phones?
Yes - one for media and one for PaaK.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
According to the owner's manual, the system mimics how you are driving.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some Observations After Delivery 1613421658384