Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The other thing is it’s possible your key fob in the jacket is close enough to the car still that someone can just push the button to open.
The distance is 1 meter. Farther away than that, a locked car cannot be opened.
Sponsored

ShawnMakie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue - July 29th Delivery
Occupation
IT Engineer - infrastructure (UC/Network) and ITPM
Country flag
I just checked my app on Android but I don't seem to be able to find such a feature?
Where should I be looking for it?
Thanks 😊
I honestly don't know where the setting is inside of FordPass, but through Android (Samsung Galaxy):
  1. Go to settings
  2. Go to Apps
  3. Select FordPass
  4. Select Notifications
  5. Select Notification Categories
  6. Enable "Walk Away Lock"
  7. Optional - Make sure FordPass is enabled in your "Wear" app if you have an Android Wear smart watch to enable push notifications on that device.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock? 1698414499387
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock? 1698414546987

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock? 1698414597309
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock? 1698414644557

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock? 1698414694154
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock? 1698414729055

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I trained myself to use the little LOCK symbol on the car door (the "capacitance" lock in Murse-in-Airy's post) because IMHO a physical touch always works while an unseen, unheard radio wave signal works only most of the time.

To illustrate, have you ever had a cell phone call drop?
I have also found that little lock symbol to be sometimes unreliable. I either push the lock button that is in the car when getting out, or push the bottom two numbers on the door pillar to lock the car if I got out and forgot to do the former. I do not trust walk away lock, and it is a pain in the arse (like if you are washing your car and the damn thing keeps locking when you go to get the hose, a towel, etc.).

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Let me correct you... Ford walk away locking is unreliable. No other vehicle that I've ever owned, including my newest purchase has ever had an issue with walk away locking. My MME is the only vehicle I've ever owned with this problem.
Thanks for the correction. This is the only vehicle I’ve ever owned with this feature. So meant “Ford MME walk away locks.”

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I just checked my app on Android but I don't seem to be able to find such a feature?
Where should I be looking for it?
Thanks 😊
Be careful with that though. I have those notifications turned on. I get the notice about 10% of the time. And the only thing more unreliable than Ford Walkaway locks, is anything about the FordPAss app.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and to the MME world. So far I've been loving driving my car and getting a lot of useful tips from this group of people.

It's finally time for me to write something, it's a bit of a funny one but I'll try to explain what happened.

Two nights ago I noticed the position lights of the MME were on at about 5am in the morning. Car was parked in front of my house (5 to 6 meters away from main door).
Before I went out to check my wife tried to lock the car with the key fob so not not sure if the car was open or not at the time.

When I went out I noticed all the compartments were open but nothing was taken (there was nothing of value) and the light toggle was switched from auto to position. Someone was clearly in my car and wanted to let me know (I assume).

Now I don't see any clear sign of forcing on doors (and alarm should have gone off??) so I assume the walk away function just didn't work when I parked the car the evening before?
If I recall correctly I dropped my jacket with the key in it in the house before I closed the trunk so I assume the walk away didn't work because of that.
Shouldn't the car close automatically though after some inactive time? I also read that people can extend the fob signal for it to open doors. Unfortunately FordPass doesn't really give you a lot of info around activity with the car (e.g. last time it was unlocked).

The other doubt I have is...the card with the door code.was in the glove compartment. I just didn't realize I left it there... So if the person in the car was able to read that, they can now just open the car whenever they want because I can't change the factory code, can I? This is the part that drives me nuts...

Overall it sucks that people are going around in your own home and touch your stuff plus I really struggle to explain how that happened.

A bit of a long one as first post in here 😀 apologies for that!

Enjoy the ride and thanks for any tip on the above puzzle!
Each time we walk away from the GTPE we hear the horn go off. Car is locked.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I trained myself to use the little LOCK symbol on the car door (the "capacitance" lock in Murse-in-Airy's post) because IMHO a physical touch always works while an unseen, unheard radio wave signal works only most of the time.
That button doesn't work properly for me. I don't end up using it because I have to stand there pushing it multiple times for several seconds before it locks.

And while I'm on the subject of the door locks, I frequently find the car refuses to unlock one of the rear doors unless a front door is opened first. I wonder if there's a software update that might help with these issues? 🤔 I'm up to date with powerup 6.4, but I know there are some software updates that don't get pushed OTA.

The card should be removed immediately after buying the vehicle.
Hmmm, I need to go hunt for that card right now...

ShawnMakie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue - July 29th Delivery
Occupation
IT Engineer - infrastructure (UC/Network) and ITPM
Country flag
Be careful with that though. I have those notifications turned on. I get the notice about 10% of the time. And the only thing more unreliable than Ford Walkaway locks, is anything about the FordPAss app.
10% has to be a major exaggeration. I get the alert every time the car locks.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The distance is 1 meter. Farther away than that, a locked car cannot be opened.
Is it really that close?

My car wakes up (lights and puddle lamps turn on) when I’m 30 feet away.

Never tried to open the door from that distance since my arms aren’t 30 feet long, but it’s worth testing by leaving your key fob that distance when the car wakes up.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I checked under settings > locks > Walk away lock but it only allows me enable/disable it and then only feedback I can activate is the exterior lights one!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some one in my car. Walk away didn't lock? 1698414729055
Interesting, both of my cars had it, here's what the screen looks like, it's below "switch inhibit". Does yours have tech/comfort package? I can't think other reason why it wouldn't be there.

370202356_298664579712844_8868948161839782114_n.jpg

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I find it "Funny" how different these cars are. My "Walk away" Lock may be the most consistent feature on my MME. The physical button, which I use Rarely, I find more inconsistent. To my knowledge my Walk away Lock feature is 99.9% accurate. I know as I get the notification pop up on my phone.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, walk away lock on the MME sucks. Disabling it doesn’t even work all of the time. It sometimes auto-locks the doors on me when I get out, close the driver’s door, and walk around to the passenger’s door to let my dog out. Sometimes it doesn’t. It never does when I stop to think and hit the unlock button before closing the door, but the concept of parking the car, getting out, and unlocking is still foreign me. I have to work on that. 🤷‍♂️🐩

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I also find it very hit and miss you have to set to the horn beep on walk away lock for the mach-e otherwise you run the risk of not knowing if it has locked. Unless of course you just want to walk away backwards constantly looking at it, at which point you may as well just tap the door to lock it as you close it on exit. But then you find you have to stab that multiple times before that works, consistent keyless locking and unlocking is not a mach-e strong point.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and to the MME world. So far I've been loving driving my car and getting a lot of useful tips from this group of people.

It's finally time for me to write something, it's a bit of a funny one but I'll try to explain what happened.

Two nights ago I noticed the position lights of the MME were on at about 5am in the morning. Car was parked in front of my house (5 to 6 meters away from main door).
Before I went out to check my wife tried to lock the car with the key fob so not not sure if the car was open or not at the time.

When I went out I noticed all the compartments were open but nothing was taken (there was nothing of value) and the light toggle was switched from auto to position. Someone was clearly in my car and wanted to let me know (I assume).

Now I don't see any clear sign of forcing on doors (and alarm should have gone off??) so I assume the walk away function just didn't work when I parked the car the evening before?
If I recall correctly I dropped my jacket with the key in it in the house before I closed the trunk so I assume the walk away didn't work because of that.
Shouldn't the car close automatically though after some inactive time? I also read that people can extend the fob signal for it to open doors. Unfortunately FordPass doesn't really give you a lot of info around activity with the car (e.g. last time it was unlocked).

The other doubt I have is...the card with the door code.was in the glove compartment. I just didn't realize I left it there... So if the person in the car was able to read that, they can now just open the car whenever they want because I can't change the factory code, can I? This is the part that drives me nuts...

Overall it sucks that people are going around in your own home and touch your stuff plus I really struggle to explain how that happened.

A bit of a long one as first post in here 😀 apologies for that!

Enjoy the ride and thanks for any tip on the above puzzle!
I have my car set to give me a little honk when I walk away. If I don't hear it (which I never have) I would stop and lock it manually. I lock manually when it's late or very early and I don't want to disturb the neighbors. It won't honk if you do that. I don't remember off the top of my head where that setting is, but it's there.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Auto lock you can set it so the horn beeps when it locks, it's weird only place it consistently doesn't autlock is a walmart parking lot, I'm wondering if something with the autocloser doors at the store disrupts the signal. I always listen for the honk when walking away and if I don't hear it, I manually lock with fob.
I should have read ahead before I posted. :rolleyes: I said the same thing!
Sponsored