Walk Away Lock - Can this be location based?

Jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT Performance
Country flag
I searched for this in the forums but I can't seem to find anything. I love the walk away auto-lock feature but was wondering if there was anyway to have it location based?

For instance our Tesla does not auto-lock when it knows it's at our home. Would love to have the Mach-E do the same thing. The horn going off in our garage in kind of annoying.

I also guess last resort we turn it off completely or at least turn off the horn which is an option.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I wish. Because Iā€™d let my car stay unlocked in my garage but have walk away locks active everywhere else. No dice though. Itā€™s on or itā€™s off.

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can have it stop sounding the horn after walk away locking every where. Have not heard of any location based programing.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I wish they would do this and auto fold the mirrors when pulling into the driveway/garage like our Model 3!! At least I'm used to hitting the mirror button when arriving home thanks to the BMW I had before my MME. Would be a nice feature, tho.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I don't use walk away lock specifically because it lacks this feature. This should be a high priority feature addition IMO. You should have the option to disable WAL and/or welcome lighting when you're parked at home.

OP
OP
Jstepy

Jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT Performance
Country flag
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. How nice it would be to have the tried and tested software of the Tesla in the Mach-E. I know it has its faults as well but simple features that seem like a no brainer are there not to mention they have OTA dialed in big time.

At the end of the day not a big deal, I will probably just turn the feature off at this point and lock our doors the ā€œold schoolā€œ way when needed.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don't use walk away lock specifically because it lacks this feature. This should be a high priority feature addition IMO. You should have the option to disable WAL and/or welcome lighting when you're parked at home.
While it would indeed be a nice feature add, I think even better would be to make the underlying feature work reliably first...

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
While it would indeed be a nice feature add, I think even better would be to make the underlying feature work reliably first...
Mine always works, and I let it lock itself in the garage all the time. Iā€™m not sure what the heartburn is with locking the car at home.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I just leave the fob in the cup holder when the car is in my garage.

manikin

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler, Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Oddly enough charging is location based so the car logic definitely identifies home, it is annoying for the vehicle to unlock every time i go to the garage, and, or transit through the garage, and then get the walk away lock notification as i continue on. Auto fold on the mirrors, and getting the camera on would be a nice feature as i enter the garage, camera only comes on as im entering, and then shuts off till im almost at the front, and the sensors pickup the edge.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Oddly enough charging is location based so the car logic definitely identifies home, it is annoying for the vehicle to unlock every time i go to the garage, and, or transit through the garage, and then get the walk away lock notification as i continue on. Auto fold on the mirrors, and getting the camera on would be a nice feature as i enter the garage, camera only comes on as im entering, and then shuts off till im almost at the front, and the sensors pickup the edge.
It may wake up, but the car doesnā€™t unlock on approach unless you press a button to open a door.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Mine always works, and I let it lock itself in the garage all the time. Iā€™m not sure what the heartburn is with locking the car at home.
When the wife or kids go to retrieve something from the car, then you know...

OP
OP
Jstepy

Jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT Performance
Country flag
I agree, not a big deal. It's just nice not to have the loud horn honk in the garage, but the horn is a nice feature to have on so you can be assured it locked when you are in a public area.

Second it's nice to have the car unlocked in the garage in case one of the family members wants to grab something out of the car, yes they can enter the code and honestly I am never without my phone so it doesn't really effect me.

Again just a nice little feature that I've grown accustomed to with the Tesla. That's all.

Like others have said location based charging is a thing, so was originally surprised that the Walk Away Lock did not have that option.
Sponsored