Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
No. So something doesn’t add up.
I enabled PAAK, set up the entry codes, and then shut PAAK off. Didn't need it, didn't want it.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Can the ignition code be set up without enabling PAAK?
No. Not at all. The backup start/ignition code is the final step of setting up PAAK.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I've never set up PAAK...why should I? I've used a fob for over 50 years. If you ALWAYS carry a fob, you'll never need to use PAAK, ever. Yes, I carry the door-code key in my wallet, and I've set up the custom door-code and ignition-code. Uncomplicate your life.
You would have to have set up PaaK in order to set a backup start code. There is no other way. So that by itself is a reasonable reason. I gave PaaK a try and it wasn't for me. Mostly because I use my car a lot and it was not as convenient as the fob. However, if this was my weekend or fun car then I could totally see myself using PaaK most of the time.

What 1972 vehicle used a fob?

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
You would have to have set up PaaK in order to set a backup start code. There is no other way. So that by itself is a reasonable reason. I gave PaaK a try and it wasn't for me. Mostly because I use my car a lot and it was not as convenient as the fob. However, if this was my weekend or fun car then I could totally see myself using PaaK most of the time.

What 1972 vehicle used a fob?
All of 'em...it was called a "key" back then...and worked just the way a fob does...just not wirelessly.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why not? My phone has FordPass running, and I get in the car with my fob all the time.
My wife always carry’s her key in for her car (X3) even when I drive that car with my key.

she doesn’t carry “her“ key to the MME but I wonder what would happen if she did When I am driving with my PAAK . What conflict occurs if either two keys or my PAAK and her FOB. I do have My FOB in the car hidden in a Faraday bag But assuming it wasn’t.

also what would happen if we both use PAAK, would she have to shut her Fordpass down?

Considering the profile issues Ford has with the new OTA’s, I can only imaging the snafu’s

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wearing a suit is one scenario where I would agree the fob could be a hassle.

Been a long time since I’ve left anything from my pants behind. Card wallet, cash, house key & fob. Not hard to monitor
The only time I wear a suit these days is when I would have to valet the car, therefore I use the fob.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My wife always carry’s her key in for her car (X3) even when I drive that car with my key.

she doesn’t carry “her“ key to the MME but I wonder what would happen if she did When I am driving with my PAAK . What conflict occurs if either two keys or my PAAK and her FOB. I do have My FOB in the car hidden in a Faraday bag But assuming it wasn’t.

also what would happen if we both use PAAK, would she have to shut her Fordpass down?

Considering the profile issues Ford has with the new OTA’s, I can only imaging the snafu’s
There is no issue with both of you carrying fobs, or phones. The car determines what's in the driver's seat. Rarely does it pull in the other signal. We have PaaK on both phones, and both carry fobs.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is no issue with both of you carrying fobs, or phones. The car determines what's in the driver's seat. Rarely does it pull in the other signal. We have PaaK on both phones, and both carry fobs.
Hope your right but will try it.

I do know that if my wife uses the car with her FOB And then I use the car with my PAAK and she is in the car (not carrying her FOB) the car will use her Apple CarPlay, because she is carrying her phone (she doesn’t have PAAK installed).

this is so even if the profile is me.

I end up with her CarPlay, my profile and I sometimes can’t change to my CarPlay unless I do a resync.

Quite enjoyable early in the AM when leaving to go somewhere.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hope your right but will try it.

I do know that if my wife uses the car with her FOB And then I use the car with my PAAK and she is in the car (not carrying her FOB) the car will use her Apple CarPlay, because she is carrying her phone (she doesn’t have PAAK installed).

this is so even if the profile is me.

I end up with her CarPlay, my profile and I sometimes can’t change to my CarPlay unless I do a resync.

Quite enjoyable early in the AM when leaving to go somewhere.
There is no hoping. This is how we use our Mach-E, and how it works.

We have Android phones, not fruit phones, so no idea how CarPlay works.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I've never set up PAAK...why should I? I've used a fob for over 50 years.
You also burned gasoline for over 50 years. You talked on a phone attached to the wall for 50 years. You physically got up and turned a knob on your tv for a different channel for over 30 years.

I don't understand this argument.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You also burned gasoline for over 50 years. You talked on a phone attached to the wall for 50 years. You physically got up and turned a knob on your tv for a different channel for over 30 years.

I don't understand this argument.
LMFAO