Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Country flag
Well I ordered a space gray mach e thinking it was white like the salesman said! But it's gray....I had no idea! Really disappointed...it's not here yet..I don't know what to do...
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Do you mean Space White? I don’t think there is a space gray, except for interior color, which is the ‘light’ color. Might you or your salesperson be mixing up the two?

You should be able to find some photos comparing the two. Space White has a slight blue tinge to it whereas Star White has a slight yellow tinge because it is a pearl white. On the other hand, Space White is a flatter color - I personally prefer this shade.

In my opinion, Space White looks sort of like ‘range rover white’, I think it suits the Mach-E really well. I think most people on here do prefer Star White, but you might be surprised and find you like Space White, and I would not describe it as a ‘gray’ color.

OP
OP
ponygurl29

ponygurl29

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Country flag
Well I ordered a space gray mach e thinking it was white like the salesman said! But it's gray....I had no idea! Really disappointed...it's not here yet..I don't know what to do...
Yes I mean SPACE WHITE...

OP
OP
ponygurl29

ponygurl29

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Country flag
Do you mean Space White? I don’t think there is a space gray, except for interior color, which is the ‘light’ color. Might you or your salesperson be mixing up the two?

You should be able to find some photos comparing the two. Space White has a slight blue tinge to it whereas Star White has a slight yellow tinge because it is a pearl white. On the other hand, Space White is a flatter color - I personally prefer this shade.

In my opinion, Space White looks sort of like ‘range rover white’, I think it suits the Mach-E really well. I think most people on here do prefer Star White, but you might be surprised and find you like Space White, and I would not describe it as a ‘gray’ color.
Ty...yes I meant space white. I hope I like it! Being delivered soon ...
:)

Reactions: ARK

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Yes I mean SPACE WHITE...
Yeah, it doesn’t really look too gray. In person it is more distinctive than your typical white, though. Many compliments from neighbors so far. Here is my wife’s new Space White 4X:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Space gray vs star white 5DEA695B-474D-47E2-AD37-5C95017662DB

Ford Mustang Mach-E Space gray vs star white CFC286F8-88E9-4660-97CF-906D4C70D8D8

Bueller

First Name
Bueller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Public Affairs
Country flag
My space white GT beauty. She gets constant compliments from random strangers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Space gray vs star white BEB23171-B2B3-4178-9153-54D2311E978E

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
In most lighting it looks white. Overcast it can look a slight shade of grey. I like mine. It hides dirt really well.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
It changes color from blueish gray to white gray to white depending on the the lighting. You’ll like it, and if you don’t just wait for the sun to shine bright lol. I’m glad I went with space white, star white just looks kind of plain now.

Duchess

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I also have space white and it’s beautiful in the sunlight. It’s a very soft shimmery white. But I agree with others in other lighting it slightly looks white grey. I didn’t like this color in photos bc it just looked light grey and originally ordered the mme in black but when I saw the color in person on someone else’s cancelled order I fell in love and changed the color of my order.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
It was not even on my choice radar............it was available so I went with it anyway. It's a very different color, like others have said. It can be white, gray, blue, purple...all depends on the light

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Ford did some interesting things with both "white" colors. The first MME I drove was Space White and you are certainly correct about the color shift, which I like. The one I bought is Star Metallic White ( it was an available demo at MSRP), which is a brighter white. The sparkles only show in full sun at close proximity. Both look great and can be used as a "whiteboard" for stripes, painted calipers and other style enhancements! IMHO, you can't go wrong with either.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Space gray vs star white 945A7281-2

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I love the Space White over Star White. Traditional most white paints are more eco friendly anyway, compared to colors.

Also I refuse to pay extra for a neutral color.... Rapid Red, Grabber Blue and Cyber Orange would make more sense as up-charged colors.

OP
OP
ponygurl29

ponygurl29

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Country flag
Ford did some interesting things with both "white" colors. The first MME I drove was Space White and you are certainly correct about the color shift, which I like. The one I bought is Star Metallic White ( it was an available demo at MSRP), which is a brighter white. The sparkles only show in full sun at close proximity. Both look great and can be used as a "whiteboard" for stripes, painted calipers and other style enhancements! IMHO, you can't go wrong with either.

Where did u get that mach e stripe...looks good! Also do the windows come tinted?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Where did u get that mach e stripe...looks good! Also do the windows come tinted?
The Mach E is factory tinted like an SUV, and only comes with rear windows tinted. You’d need to tint the fronts to match.

OP
OP
ponygurl29

ponygurl29

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Country flag
Yeah, it doesn’t really look too gray. In person it is more distinctive than your typical white, though. Many compliments from neighbors so far. Here is my wife’s new Space White 4X:

I'm leaning towards space white...looks really good here! Do the windows come tinted?