Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There are two different speed tolerance settings. The ranges seem backwards to me.

This is a warning setting:
Settings: Driver Assistance: Speed Limit Assist: Tolerance 0-5 mph is the tolerance above speed limit sign for the flashing sign warning.

This causes the car to follow the tolerance:
Settings: Driver Assistance: Cruise Control Integration: tolerance [edit] -20 to +20 mph actually causes the cruise control if engaged to add or subtract.

I set the CC to +10 mph thinking that was some kind of warning. Then out on a highway bypass, right at a 65 mph sign, the car started to accelerate to 75!

I figured I would reset it when I got home, then I forgot, and out of habit set CC in a 40 mph zone, and it started towards 50. Fortunately, I caught it in time, as a local police car had taken notice of MME, and a Charger that apparently thought we were competing (I was not, just doing my fast start thing to ~speed limit), where after noticing the company, both of us had settled into exactly 40 :). Ironic, because I usually drive easy, but when he took off, I did do a little formation flying at his rear quarter. MME accelerates so easily and quietly, I did not even realize we were both pushing 50ish.
Sponsored

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is a warning setting:
Settings: Speed Limit Assist: Tolerance 0-5 mph is the tolerance above speed limit sign for the flashing sign warning.
Is there an audible warning also or just a flashing sign on the instrument cluster? The max tolerance is really only 5 mph? I think I have my current car set to 8 mph.

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Driver's display speed limit sign flashes. I would normally set it to 10, but maybe 8 makes more sense.

Seems like there should at least be a chime, maybe I missed it, or it is a setting somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So the tolerance range isn’t 0-5 mph? You can set it above 5?
No, just thinking about what I would have set, vs. 8. As far as I can see so far it is 0-5 mph, which seems off. It should at least go to 10 mph.

I should try to check the manual too. Well, so much for the manual - (no range for the speed sign tolerance)

Check out the last page and a half. CC tolerance does cause the car to follow signs (posted speed limit) by between -19 mph and +19 mph. That is very strange. Maybe +/- 10? I guess it's a problem if say you routinely do +10 somewhere by common local practice, and every time intelligent CC reads a sign, it would drop the speed back down to sign speed. The problem is that the common local speed vs. sign speed limit is so location specific. +10 on the highway might be fine some places (not here, where maybe +6 or 7 mph highway is worry free), but not 40 mph in some 30 mph zones, where others might be 40 by local driving practice just what most locals do.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Speed Warning tolerance vs. Cruise Control tolerance Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 4.21.28 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Speed Warning tolerance vs. Cruise Control tolerance Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 4.21.35 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Speed Warning tolerance vs. Cruise Control tolerance Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 4.21.59 PM

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think they don't go over +19 because if you are setting it that high (and risking a reckless driving ticket), you probably don't care about the speed limit anyway. ;)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think they don't go over +19 because if you are setting it that high (and risking a reckless driving ticket), you probably don't care about the speed limit anyway. ;)
+19 for cruise control seems fine. But +5 for the speed limit warning seems way too low. If that's the max, most people will leave it off, which defeats the purpose.
Sponsored