Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
another purse BS.

I know some folks report drain of x percentage points per night, but on my R1T with VIN ending in 16890, i see maybe 1% per night and i have the Gear Guard turned on to record videos.
It seems to be an issue with some sensors, for example frunk being closed or not, but my truck is not affected. Having said that, i left my GTPE for about 10 days in 40-60 F weather and it only lost 1%--that was impressive.
We left our MME Premium ER AWD for 2 weeks in our garage during Jan. No battery loss. Percent did not change but estimate miles did based on temperature. Just for comparison.
Sponsored

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Just to clarify, you are saying that they are prioritizing dual-engine models over the quad-engine models? Was this information in an e-mail from them or third-party sources?

I'm a fairly recent reservation holder (late November) and I wasn't even thinking about checking on my reservation status until the end of this year, so your post caught my attention.
I follow the Rivian community pretty closely (like the Mach-E) and it's quite obvious that happen. Delivery windows get updated quarterly I believe. You should be receiving the communication emails as a reservation holder.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
I follow the Rivian community pretty closely (like the Mach-E) and it's quite obvious that happen. Delivery windows get updated quarterly I believe. You should be receiving the communication emails as a reservation holder.
Yeah, I get them and they are appreciated. However, like last week's about how nature has inspired the color palette, they rarely having anything substantive in them.

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Yeah, I get them and they are appreciated. However, like last week's about how nature has inspired the color palette, they rarely having anything substantive in them.
Another good resource is their community updates on reddit. Here are the 2 latest:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Where did you see this Lucid??? 😎 I still haven't seen one in the wild
I live in Chandler, about 45 miles from the factory. I see one to 3 a day now.

As to 3 to 12k'ish kwH vamp drain in less than 12 hours, yikes! Just removed the 1T from the wish list. I can understand if they keep or have to keep a bunch of newly designed modules awake so the entry experience isn't painful, but a kwh an hour is a pool pump running.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
No matter how great a Rivian is I just can’t buy one with those ugly oval headlights. Seriously hideous .
I saw a 17+ Raptor yesterday with an aftermarket grille, it had Rivian esq lights. 🤢

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
At risk of detailing this thread, have you driven your Mach any long distances using the heated seats and/or steering wheel? Mine both fade badly after an hour or so. So much that you can’t even tell the wheel has heat. I have to turn the seat from 1 to 2 after an hour to keep the same comfort level.
I had the same experience with the steering wheel as it cycled heat, but I think that happens in every vehicle. The heated seats in the Rivian don’t seem to cycle though and it actually gets uncomfortable at times IMO. The Mach E seats and steering wheel heat up nearly instantly while the Rivian takes longer. The Mach E also remembers your settings while the Rivian requires you to manually turn on every time. I’d take the Mach E heated steering wheel over the Rivian for sure though.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I had the same experience with the steering wheel as it cycled heat, but I think that happens in every vehicle. The heated seats in the Rivian don’t seem to cycle though and it actually gets uncomfortable at times IMO. The Mach E seats and steering wheel heat up nearly instantly while the Rivian takes longer. The Mach E also remembers your settings while the Rivian requires you to manually turn on every time. I’d take the Mach E heated steering wheel over the Rivian for sure though.
Mine steering wheel doesn’t seem to cycle. It stays constantly comfortable for about an hour, then goes to what seems like about 10% heat.
I agree, they heat almost instantly. Best heated seats I’ve had in any vehicle….at least for the first hour.

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
I'd take a Rivian over a Mach-E/F-150 Lightning hands down!

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
Another good resource is their community updates on reddit. Here are the 2 latest:

Oh, great info, thank you for that tip.

Jacques

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium, AWD and extended range battery.
Country flag

Am I mistaken or is this a Rivian forum?
A comparison is interesting but is hardly relavent. The Rivian seems more like a truck with the rear enclosed. There is a very significant price differential. If you pay more you should get more. Last but not least, in my opinion the Rivian just has to be the ugliest EV. The complete opposite of the MME.

TTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium E4x
Country flag
I was just reading about this (vampire drain) on InsideEVs. Seems to be confirmed in the article comments by some Rivian owners. EV Buyers Guide (Alex) also had an issue with it while the Lightning parked next to it did not appear to.

I really do not hover over my range and SoC. My daily driving is just too minimal and I plug in each night. So I'm unlikely to notice any Mach-E vampire drain. I'm curious to know if anyone else has observed a (meaningful) loss of charge while idle with the MME?

UPDATE: Just noticed several posts included comments that the MME does not appear to suffer from vampire drain similar to its larger sibling. Nice work out of the gate Ford 😊
My MME Premium AWD ER sat for 24 days without losing 1km of range nor even 1% of battery, though I DID check it every day for the first few weeks using the ap before realising that there would be minimul if any loss.

OP
OP

CB1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Am I mistaken or is this a Rivian forum?
A comparison is interesting but is hardly relavent.
Given this was posted in the sub-forum "Mach-E vs the Competition" I think it's extremely relevant. Otherwise why have this sub-forum?

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks for the comparison! I love Rivians; if I could get an R1T at the launch price I’d do it. The price gap now is just too big, unfortunately.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Mine steering wheel doesn’t seem to cycle. It stays constantly comfortable for about an hour, then goes to what seems like about 10% heat.
I agree, they heat almost instantly. Best heated seats I’ve had in any vehicle….at least for the first hour.
It could be we are just get used to the temp and so it doesn't feel as warm. I notice the same thing in the shower, and I am frequently turning up the water temp as I get used to the previous temp. And then I burn my skin. 😆
Sponsored