Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Do I have to swap out my rear Steeda's too? Or is the loose-hole knocking only an issue on the fronts?
I plan to just swap out the front. The rear seems to be fine in my car. Except when the rear is heavily weighed down, a big bump can cause the bar to hit. That has only happened once when my adult sized kids were in the back seat. So I am not planning to change it.
Sponsored

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
And what the rear bar hits is essentially a giant washer.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
For those who still have the Steeda bar, I found a great alternative to the Steeda end links. Unplugged performance makes an adjustable sway bar end for the Tesla Model 3 / Y the front end link is the correct size for the MME. It has 12mm bolt ends sealed bearings and is designed to be silent for EVs. I did buy a set and will install soon here is a picture.

Pick the pre-refresh Tesla if you order.

https://unpluggedperformance.com/pr...del-y-adjustable-front-sway-bar-end-link-set/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. Screenshot 2023-12-02 105526

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. Screenshot 2023-12-02 105503

Last edited:
OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For those who still have the Steeda bar, I found a great alternative to the Steeda end links. Unplugged performance makes an adjustable sway bar end for the Tesla Model 3 / Y the front end link is the correct size for the MME. It has 12mm bolt ends sealed bearings and is designed to be silent for EVs. I did buy a set and will install soon here is a picture.

Pick the pre-refresh Tesla if you order.

https://unpluggedperformance.com/pr...del-y-adjustable-front-sway-bar-end-link-set/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. Screenshot 2023-12-02 105503

Too late. I already ordered the Eibach front bar. But this is a great find. Hopefully it will improve things. I am tired of all the noise.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sadness.

I had to remove the Steeda front bar from my car, and replace it with the Eibach bar. The Eibach bar says it is not available for the GT, but it works fine.

OK, so I hate to do this but I do NOT recommend you put the Steeda front bar on your car. I followed the instructions exactly and this is what the passenger side half shaft looks like:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 53392064126_26c486872b_o

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 53392017986_6908cc6703_o

The driver side is fine, no rubbing. And both end links are exactly the same length:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 53392204393_43094138cb_o

I am sorry to point out this failure, but here we are two years later and Steeda is still producing this product and has not acknowledged any issues with it. The issues we have reported here are significant.

After replacing the Steeda bar with the Eibach bar, the clunking and knocking noises are gone. The car rides smoother and quieter. If you want to get the handling improvement a stiffer bar provides, get the Eibach bar.

electric-in-the-desert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 GT
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Sadness.

I had to remove the Steeda front bar from my car, and replace it with the Eibach bar. The Eibach bar says it is not available for the GT, but it works fine.

OK, so I hate to do this but I do NOT recommend you put the Steeda front bar on your car. I followed the instructions exactly and this is what the passenger side half shaft looks like:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 53392204393_43094138cb_o

The driver side is fine, no rubbing. And both end links are exactly the same length:

I am sorry to point out this failure, but here we are two years later and Steeda is still producing this product and has not acknowledged any issues with it. The issues we have reported here are significant.

After replacing the Steeda bar with the Eibach bar, the clunking and knocking noises are gone. The car rides smoother and quieter. If you want to get the handling improvement a stiffer bar provides, get the Eibach bar.
Thanks for the report (also on the eibach thread)! Have you had any issues with the rear steeda bar? I’m debating going with front eibach and rear steeda since I already have the steeda’s sitting in my garage. Definitely don’t want to install the front after seeing this.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the report (also on the eibach thread)! Have you had any issues with the rear steeda bar? I’m debating going with front eibach and rear steeda since I already have the steeda’s sitting in my garage. Definitely don’t want to install the front after seeing this.
The only issue I have had with the rear bar is when there is a lot of weight in the back and when going over a large bump. I heard it hit something. But that only happened once. Now that the front is quiet, it will be easier to see if the rear is noisey. So far, silence.

The rear Steeda bar is stiffer than the rear Eibach bar so I prefer to keep it.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought it was the other way around, Eibach stiffer?
Here is a summery of the sway bar specs that I got from Eibach and Steeda which I mentioned in the second post of the Eibach thread.

Front sway bar rates (lbs/in):
OEM non-GT Unknown
OEM GT: 240
OEM GTPE: 288
Eibach: 498/530
Steeda: 280/309/333

Rear sway bar rates (lbs/in):
OEM non-GT Unknown
OEM GT: 200
OEM GTPE: Unknown
Eibach: 215
Steeda: 250/300/350

ALTANertive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

I had virtually the same issues as you with the Steeda. Driver side fine, but the passenger side was showing the exact same wear.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My advice to folks moving to the eibach is change out both bars. Suspension is complicated and the front and rear bar are designed to work together.

One other thought is the eibach bar has a much higher rate and that's probiby ok for normal driving conditions but stiffer is typically less traction. This could have a negative effect in wet and snowy conditions.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I had virtually the same issues as you with the Steeda. Driver side fine, but the passenger side was showing the exact same wear.
The bar isn't symmetrical really. The Factory one is just a little off set as well. What Mark saw would have been remedied by extending the links more. Because of the link being on the stiffest hole the bar pivots more at the 12.75 inches. I was running the softest hole and still had to go to 13.25 inches to keep clearance. I think the longest the Steeda endlinks can extend is about 13.5 safely, But that'll be tricky to set it to that as there's so little thread for the ends. One could just replace the ends on the Steeda links but from what I found the ends are an off the shelf length of like 2.5 inches of thread. Due to the geometry of the bar everything is very close to hitting in the front (Well and the rear bar hits in a spot if loaded too).
When I swapped the front to the Eibach I noticed it's flat. VERY flat on corners. Because I was going for ride and not race the rear Steeda bar was still on it's softest. This caused the cornering front tire to unload so I'd lose traction because the weight shifted to the outter rear corner. If I would have set the rear Steeda to it's stiffest it'd probably be close enough to be fine with the Eibach on it's softest in the front (which I still run it like that today and it's still VERY flat). I still run the front on it's softest with the rear now swapped out to the Eibach.

Both companies bars have their place the Steeda just needs more tinkering to get it dialed. It's just got a small window of 'perfect', it's hard to hit.

I had a fully loaded car yesterday and a smart ass in the back seat say "hurry up and make the right or we'll be here all day". So I took the 90 deg right at about 40, never lifting. Proceeding to move the woman in the right rear (also happens to be the smartass) on top of my boss in the left rear. It's ok because I think they're dating. If not they might be now. Aside from the tires making enough noise to cover the screams/laughing I didn't have bar noise or suspension contact.
Sponsored