RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I guess it is my turn? I thought standard range and rear wheel drive would spare me the HVJB drama, but my car thought otherwise.

I'm an hour from home, stranded on 95 south, waiting for Ford roadside assistance, wondering if I should have called my insurance instead.

The car won't drive at all. I was hoping I could limp it up onto the exit I am near, but it just stopped all together. Glad I made it to the shoulder at least.
Sponsored

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Honestly, after I keep seeing these show up, I just dread walking up to my car. Not a pleasant feeling and keeps nudging me to sell it before getting stranded someplace.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I guess it is my turn? I thought standard range and rear wheel drive would spare me the HVJB drama, but my car thought otherwise.

I'm an hour from home, stranded on 95 south, waiting for Ford roadside assistance, wondering if I should have called my insurance instead.

The car won't drive at all. I was hoping I could limp it up onto the exit I am near, but it just stopped all together. Glad I made it to the shoulder at least.
Follow the instruction on this post and we'll monitor it and help if necessary:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ers-biggest-fear-facts-and-info-thread.18143/

P.S. No trim is immune to HVBJB failure despite the rumors on this forum. That's spelled out clearly in the post above.

OP
OP
RVAtom

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Today is my one month anniversary for my car being down for this issue. I just spoke to my service guy and he said the parts finally came in and they are working on the car now. With a little luck they can get finished today, and do the windshield and roof recall tomorrow. Cross your fingers that maybe I can get out of this Explorer and back to my car this weekend :)
Sponsored