depauwa

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice. My car has been at the railyard in Ramp 6R since December 6th. We're going on 3 months there now. That seems like a really long time compared to what I've been told. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I think all the central Illinois cars are trucked from KC. No idea why it should take that long. It was about 2 weeks for me.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That seems like quite a long time. Not to cause anxiety but is it possible to check with your dealer to see if there was any shipping damage? Sometimes there is shipping damage that is repaired e route that causes delays. I believe there is a report they can look up that may indicate that but not 100% sure.

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice. My car has been at the railyard in Ramp 6R since December 6th. We're going on 3 months there now. That seems like a really long time compared to what I've been told. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do?
I would talk with your dealer as from KC to Illinois should take not that long , mine took 20 days from KC to NY. Is it damaged in transit or is this some form of fuck up somewhere

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Call Ford support and ask to speak with a manager. The first line people sometimes have outdated location info, but a manager can dig deeper and find out what is really going on. It may take them a couple of days to get back to you, or they may get you an immediate new status.

1 800 392 3673

Good luck. ¡Been there, done that!

tpc961

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car was built on 3/23/22. Was shipped a couple of days later. It sat in Kansas City for 3 months and could not get an answer from Ford or the dealer. I thought it could be damaged, but could not get any answers. Turns out the car was damaged and then waited for parts. Finally got my car the end of October. The actual damage was $3400, but the parts were $1400 (the rest being labor). Ford only has to show $1400 as damage. The dealer had to sign a damage waiver to get the car, and told me that if I didn't want it, he would sell it to someone else as new. I was assured that the warranty was still good, and all parts were OEM.
In total, I waited 17 months for this car. By the way, my wife loves it! Good luck.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Hmmm -- unless your dealer is giving you the most amazing deal ever, why not just go to something like CarGurus and find a MME on the lot for MSRP? Plenty of MMEs out there today, there's no need to wait for a special snowflake to appear from Kansas City.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Do you have an ETA on your order page still? Mine dropped off and that’s when I found out it was damaged. Spent four months there and only moved because I wouldn’t shut up about it to Ford and my dealer.

But as others have mentioned, it’s easier to get MSRP from a dealer now. Might be time to look.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Well my MME has sat in Lecheria, Mexico for 2 months (built 12/9/22).

Finally started moving on rail yesterday.

Dealer says they expect it next week - I had to laugh!😂😂😂

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I second going and finding one on the lot if you can. Unless it’s a color that’s hard to find.
Sponsored