Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
That is a VERY interesting build week. It might mean the plant will be running two shifts or two lines by that time.
I was wondering if it had more to do with my dealer not having many Mach-e orders. I've asked how many they had, but the guy is out for a day or two. They barely knew what the Mach-e was when I went there initially, so it seemed like I was probably one of a few orders, if not the first.

Ocdavis41

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion, Mustang GT, Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Got an email the morning
Order Number: 10414832
Order Date: 9/02/2020
Build Week: 1/18/21
Rapid Red Premium RWD, SR
Vienna, VA

No VIN yet.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I was wondering if it had more to do with my dealer not having many Mach-e orders. I've asked how many they had, but the guy is out for a day or two. They barely knew what the Mach-e was when I went there initially, so it seemed like I was probably one of a few orders, if not the first.
What I find interesting is a Feb build date for North American retail orders. I think we were expecting the plant to shift to production of overseas in mid to late January. The idea being that we aren't sure the plant would build right hand drive and left hand drive vehicles at the same time so thus the need to switch from NA to EU/UK production runs. However, if there are two production lines....then they could build NA vehicles on one line and EU/UK vehicles on the other. Or maybe it can be accomplished with a second shift.....(but not sure that is very practical idea though). We did recently confirm there are two basic departments, Trim and Chassis so it may simplify things a little bit compared to traditional methods. Also several hints about a visual camera system which is interesting. I wonder if they adapted this system to help with production?
Battery pack assembly would be a likely application.....might help with motor assembly also. Or they could be using a completely different system for a completely different reason.

Glad to see you got your build date though. Things are moving along now....

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
What I find interesting is a Feb build date for North American retail orders. I think we were expecting the plant to shift to production of overseas in mid to late January. The idea being that we aren't sure the plant would build right hand drive and left hand drive vehicles at the same time so thus the need to switch from NA to EU/UK production runs. However, if there are two production lines....then they could build NA vehicles on one line and EU/UK vehicles on the other. Or maybe it can be accomplished with a second shift.....(but not sure that is very practical idea though). We did recently confirm there are two basic departments, Trim and Chassis so it may simplify things a little bit compared to traditional methods. Also several hints about a visual camera system which is interesting. I wonder if they adapted this system to help with production?
Battery pack assembly would be a likely application.....might help with motor assembly also. Or they could be using a completely different system for a completely different reason.

Something sure changed at the plant i.e., schedules for geographic regions or more line capacity.

Or perhaps this was the plan all along and not clear to the us on the forum - all the planning /schedule calculations were based on assumptions and may be there was ore to it than what we knew.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

My guess is this means we will be seeing simultaneous NA and EU/UK production. That explains why an entire month of build dates were scheduled this week. I'm guessing they are leaving lots of space in the schedule for EU/UK vehicles.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Got an email the morning
Order Number: 10414832
Order Date: 9/02/2020
Build Week: 1/18/21
Rapid Red Premium RWD, SR
Vienna, VA

No VIN yet.
I really have to wonder if conversion date and possibly even priority code make a difference.
I received an e-mail from Ford this morning about my Premium.
Reservation date was 4/11/20 with a number of 1058161
Converted on 6/27/20
Build week of 1/4/20

I was expecting a build week in late April or early May 2021.....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My guess is this means we will be seeing simultaneous NA and EU/UK production. That explains why an entire month of build dates were scheduled this week. I'm guessing they are leaving lots of space in the schedule for EU/UK vehicles.
Starting to look that way to me as well.....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Updated form submitted with estimated build date. #32 on the list....

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Submitted online for new line to be added
Mach Drop FE build date 1/4/2021

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Order date: 7-9-20
Order# 10110012
Production Date: 1-25-21

ajatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Got a build date notice today for 2/1/21. Ordered 7/1/20. Order number 10031051. Sorry, I made a new entry today and should have submitted a change form. Submitted that this evening.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Build date week of 2/1 (email); scheduled for production week of 1/31 (Ford Mach-e web page, My Account)
Sponsored