Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Received my Ford production scheduling e-mail too!

Change request form entered - Line # 100 - Estimated build date - 01-31-2021

Order # 29845 - Reserved 01-05-2020 Ordered 06-30-2020 - SE Florida

So it looks to me like about 4 more months till delivery... A very long 4 more months, but worth the wait!!!! ?

Jim
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Entry 217. Please add build date 1/18/21

also my color is IB w/ grey. looks like change from RR didn’t stick

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My order from line 3 is duplicated on line 409. I submitted a change request to consolidate them.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
Entry #10.
Please add build date 12/8/20 (per dealer).
VIN # 06XXX
**Order Number 7030 (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status)

**This differs from my res/order number which is in the 10k range. Could this be a sequential production indicator I wonder?

[Premium, RWD, ER, Black, PA]

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I submitted a change request to delete line # 407 and update line # 90 with a build date of 01/18/2021.
I mistakenly used the add function instead of the update function.

My apologies.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really have to wonder if conversion date and possibly even priority code make a difference.
I received an e-mail from Ford this morning about my Premium.
Reservation date was 4/11/20 with a number of 1058161
Converted on 6/27/20
Build week of 1/4/20

I was expecting a build week in late April or early May 2021.....
It's not looking like hardly any priority/reservation (or FE) criteria is making much difference. A month or two at most, and even those are highly scattered and intermingled. Almost looks like throwing darts at a dartboard (with just a slight nod to priority).

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
I noticed that you alrea

I just noticed that you have a delivery date of 12/31. We have the same build date of 12/7 and I ordered from AutoNation Ford Frisco. Did you put your order there by any chance since it's next to Plano?

No, I had a bad experience with them a few years ago when I was buying a Ford Focus. I reserved with North Central Ford in Richardson. Closer to my area, just 10 mins down 75 from where i live (east plano).

I put in the date of 12/31 as a filler. Dealer told me Christmas week if production and delivery stay on schedule. It it might be a possibly since Mexico is cranking them out today at 20/hour. so 7k-9k a month and the rate will keep increasing. My order number is also in the low 6k. Crossing my fingers!

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To clarify, i don't have a delivery date. No one does on the order stats sheet except for rafpug. I was curious how that delivery date was obtained.
It was an estimated date the dealership told me based on how they receive their inventory from the factory. 100% a guess and estimate.

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Entry #10.
VIN # 06XXX

**This differs from my res/order number which is in the 10k range. Could this be a sequential production indicator I wonder?

Yep! My order number on my ford account is in the 30k, but when I use your link and put in my vin is the low 6ks. Explains why we have ealry December build dated.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It's not looking like hardly any priority/reservation (or FE) criteria is making much difference. A month or two at most, and even those are highly scattered and intermingled. Almost looks like throwing darts at a dartboard (with just a slight nod to priority).
Well, yes I can see why it appears that way. Obviously none of us have the complete picture.....heck, there might not be very many folks (if any) at Ford who totally understand the entire process. Such a huge company it would be impossible to expect any one employee to follow or track what happens company wide. Just too many moving parts to control and manage. I liken it to a wall of pegs and the user drops a ball from the top......never know where it ends up once it gets to the bottom. In some ways it played out a bit like that here unfortunately.....with more of the story yet to tell of course.

What we knew (but may not have fully understood) from the beginning is that Ford is not able to sell a vehicle direct to us. So the reservation process was limited up to a certain point where we would get handed over to the dealers for the actual sale. I think if the laws would have allowed, then Ford would have preferred to let us spec and order the car and then ship it to the dealer where we show up and complete the purchase but unfortunately their hands were tied. I think that concept was floated but legal issues and dealer concerns were the roadblock.

So, there were two systems. Reservation System and Ordering System. It actually details this on the Ford.com reservation page when we first plunked down $500. In exchange for that money, Ford basically gave us an IOU in the form of a reservation number and when redeemed, we get our $500 back and advanced entry to the dealer order system.
They called that second part the "Ordering System". At that point, Ford pretty much had to wash their hands, step back and let the dealers take over. There was lots of dealer training planned.....some dealers participated fully, others did not. Blame Covid-19, or lack of commitment or whatever but to a certain extent, the dealer network dropped the ball. But before we lay more blame......Ford did have plans for quite a bit of dealer support to help them with this new process but that was delayed, changed and/or cancelled due to the pandemic. At some point Ford had to decide to forge ahead and get these things to market and trust that the dealers would participate as needed for this to work as expected. Ford probably didn't realize there was a group of highly intelligent people who would follow and analyze every step of this process (this forum). :)

The hope was that reservation holders would convert at their first opportunity.....which pretty much happened as planned for those buyers that were ready to buy. The next hope was that dealers would submit orders and prioritize them according to time stamp.....that probably didn't go as well as it could have. Some dealers jumped right on it and got all their customers taken care of. Other dealers dragged their feet and didn't get their orders turned in as promptly as others. Then, to make it more complicated....there is an "Allocation System" that Ford uses to keep dealers from pouring in a ton of orders at one time (for all product lines). That would help keep early reservation holders in order but it's just a rough sort of culling at best. There is a dealership in California that is reported to have over 100 reservation holders I am told. If all 100 converted on 6/27/20 then the dealer could only submit to the Ford ordering system up to their allocation limit. They can call their regional rep and ask for extra allocations from other dealerships in the region but they have to make that request....and there has to be unused allocations available somewhere else. Otherwise they have to wait for the next round of allocations in order to submit the remainder of their orders for scheduling.

Remember, by the time the dealers place the order into the system, Ford has lost visibility of their reservation holders so they aren't able to say "Hey, this order should be in front of that order!" Well, there is a manual way to do it I suppose but with a limited workforce and people working from home everything is just hanging on as it is so to expect Ford to be the "Reservation Police" is not practical. I agree that Ford led us to believe they would be the Reservation Police but in reality I never expected that to happen all that well. Mostly because I am familiar with how the ordering and manufacturing process usually works.

From my perspective, it was nearly certain that First Editions would not be completely first. That seemed very apparent to me as soon as I looked at the VIN designations and it wasn't it's own model but an option package on the Premium line. We knew that Ford was building the Premiums first (with a few exceptions here and there) and that remains the case. If you look at the tracking spreadsheet......almost all Premiums. Some have the 301A package but a Premium none the less.

Of course, it's easy for me to make all these statements now because hindsight is 20/20. I was pretty much along for the ride with the rest of the folks here. Sure, I had some extra perspectives that others might not have been privy to but I really didn't know for sure one way or the other. One thing that made my ears perk up was when my dealer called me to offer an FE and then further stated it would likely be the first one delivered in Arizona or maybe even the region. I was totally baffled at how he could possibly predict that. I learned that answer when we had a pre-production Mach E show up in town and I got to spend some time with some people from Ford. I learned a lot that day and the more I learned, the more complicated I realized this whole thing really is.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Entry #10.
VIN # 06XXX

What I see on the screen that gets, is the dealer's order number, not the Ford order number, in my case A031. This is the same as I see in WBDO. This is a mach drop so not online order.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submitted Orders Tracking List and Stats [Enter Yours] 1604682683250

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submitted Orders Tracking List and Stats [Enter Yours] 1604682733674

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What we knew (but may not have fully understood) from the beginning is that Ford is not able to sell a vehicle direct to us. So the reservation process was limited up to a certain point where we would get handed over to the dealers for the actual sale. I think if the laws would have allowed, then Ford would have preferred to let us spec and order the car and then ship it to the dealer where we show up and complete the purchase but unfortunately their hands were tied. I think that concept was floated but legal issues and dealer concerns were the roadblock.
Oh no doubt the dealers have a lot to do with many aspects (getting orders placed, communication, ADM/X-Plan, etc). But once the order is placed, I don't think the dealer had hardly any impact on Ford's build dates. That's the only part I was referring to -- assigning build dates among the population of orders. I think that was all Ford.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What I see on the screen that gets, is the dealer's order number, not the Ford order number, in my case A031. This is the same as I see in WBDO. This is a mach drop so not online order.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submitted Orders Tracking List and Stats [Enter Yours] 1604682733674

Yep. In other words, totally irrelevant. The dealer order number/code is meaningless.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Oh no doubt the dealers have a lot to do with many aspects (getting orders placed, communication, ADM/X-Plan, etc). But once the order is placed, I don't think the dealer had hardly any impact on Ford's build dates. That's the only part I was referring to -- assigning build dates among the population of orders. I think that was all Ford.
The dealers have quite a bit of influence on the scheduling but in an indirect sort of way. If I knew more about the process I could probably break it down and explain it to us all here but I really don't know all the various details.