Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector

TTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium E4x
Country flag
No, not that much, but not a lot less. I posted the costs involved a few places. Part is like $750, labor is close to $600.

Mine will be approx $6800.00!! once the back-ordered parts are available, It has been off the road for 6 weeks already... The original estimate was $3100.00 and then when they opened it up, they found that a few of the battery coolers were also damaged and had to be replaced... I await those expensive little guys to arrive before I can drive....

All it took was one small fox crossing a rainy road in the fog. The hole that it left was small and I figured I would have a $1000.00 cost max... who knew???
Sponsored

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
@AOSK Passenger side middle.
5711295F-6BC1-449A-90AA-6D32BEF51C64.jpeg
Hi, I attached the file for the 3d scan data, is this gonna help? a 3d print and paint might be able to achieve a 90% fix at an easy and low cost.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector a29f37554489965ce6e224a8e267287

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector 2281941908676ea95c764fecdaf1bc4

It seems wont be hard to install this.

Attachments

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select AWD SR
Country flag
Hi, I attached the file for the 3d scan data, is this gonna help? a 3d print and paint might be able to achieve a 90% fix at an easy and low cost.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector 2281941908676ea95c764fecdaf1bc4

Brilliant! Thank you.

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Finally got my 3D printed part. It's VERY close to a perfect match!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector 2B48FE83-4AA2-42C3-833A-9E5D2494E072

3D version front
Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector 62858011-1267-4357-A950-6ECDAE34C23A

3D version back
Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector 2A0EB3E9-485B-47BC-BDAC-BF99C223FF9B

Sitting behind an original part.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector 7D57C968-00EC-47AB-9DDB-4B7F5BFBBFE6

Installed

Couldn't be happier with the result. Thanks @AOSK for the 3D files!!!

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Finally got my 3D printed part. It's VERY close to a perfect match!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector 7D57C968-00EC-47AB-9DDB-4B7F5BFBBFE6

3D version front

3D version back

Sitting behind an original part.

Installed

Couldn't be happier with the result. Thanks @AOSK for the 3D files!!!
your welcome! glad that i could help. it looks great!

drg1012

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
@AOSK Passenger side middle.
I just had a piece of the fixed center panel (between the two rows of shutters) crack off. Does anyone know if Ford sells a replacement center section without having to buy the whole shutter assembly?

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just had a piece of the fixed center panel (between the two rows of shutters) crack off. Does anyone know if Ford sells a replacement center section without having to buy the whole shutter assembly?
I couldn’t find one which is why I had a replacement 3D Printed.

drg1012

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I couldn’t find one which is why I had a replacement 3D Printed.
The shutters or the fixed center piece. I found 3D models of the shutters on this forum (and this thread) but not for the center piece. Do you have a model that I can use to 3D print? Thanks!

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The shutters or the fixed center piece. I found 3D models of the shutters on this forum (and this thread) but not for the center piece. Do you have a model that I can use to 3D print? Thanks!
My bad, just the shutters, but check with @AOSK.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think they'll cover it...still waiting for an adjuster to come take a look at it. Nearly 5k is above my threshold for "just pay it myself" so I'm going to file the claim assuming they'll cover it. It's comprehensive not collision so it shouldn't ding me too bad, fingers crossed.

Keep the order, get the BMW, then flip the Mach E for profit.

I still love my Mach E. Looked at other options out of boredom the other day and can't find anything I'd rather have. Maybe an R1S but those're still 18 months away.

Edit: to prevent the rock strike in the future I'm thinking of putting up some 1/4" chicken wire in front of the radiator. There's space in there. Because if you reinforce the doors, that's cool, but if the doors are open and in comes a rock...RIP. How is this not a design flaw? Maybe the doors are only open when you're stationary/moving slowly?
Some company’s make the wire mesh to protect a radiator etc. I have them for my 911. Much easier for my car because no moving parts In those areas.

arp123

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Electrical Designer
Country flag
Hey, I was wondering if I could get the file for this one. Hit a bird on the Interstate and lost it. We should create a library somewhere with these sorts of files to access. 2023 model year.

Missing Vent.jpg

jsuth

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector Missing Vent

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestion for New Product - active grill shutter protector Missing Vent

@AOSK This is very helpful - thank you so much for providing the 3D scans!

It looks like you may have them for each of the shutter parts. Can you pass along the ones for the driver's side (all three)?

I bought a 3D printer just to print these parts, because it was much cheaper than ordering the OEM replacement.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'd be very interested in these files as well. Guessing these probably shouldn't be printed in PLA right? Maybe PETG?

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Hey, I was wondering if I could get the file for this one. Hit a bird on the Interstate and lost it. We should create a library somewhere with these sorts of files to access. 2023 model year.

Hi i did started a thread in AOSK sub forum section
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...or-a-quick-3d-print-fix-on-small-parts.25151/
which i share some 3d file of Mach E for a quick fix.
and i attached the file of this piece in this thread as well, its on #32

Can you pass along the ones for the driver's side (all three)?
i shall have all 6 of them in the file, you might want to print them out individually?

I'd be very interested in these files as well. Guessing these probably shouldn't be printed in PLA right? Maybe PETG?
if your printer is able to print ABS, that would be the best. but PLA shall be fine i guess?

jsuth

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hi i did started a thread in AOSK sub forum section
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/【aosk】mach-e-3d-scan-files-for-small-parts-request-thread-if-you-are-looking-for-a-quick-3d-print-fix-on-small-parts.25151/
which i share some 3d file of Mach E for a quick fix.
and i attached the file of this piece in this thread as well, its on #32

i shall have all 6 of them in the file, you might want to print them out individually?
Ah - I didn't realize that you included all of them in that zip file. Thank you very much for providing this - that is such a great service to so many of us! :)
Sponsored