Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Escape, 22 Mach-E, Premium, RWD, LR, Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Set schedule to align with the low SRP rate timeframes.
You do know that SRP has an electric vehicle rate. From 11 pm until 5am you get very low charges. As an aside if you turn AC down to sleep at night you get a side bonus of very low rates during that time frame.

RedAero42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD, Star White
Country flag
You do know that SRP has an electric vehicle rate. From 11 pm until 5am you get very low charges. As an aside if you turn AC down to sleep at night you get a side bonus of very low rates during that time frame.
Sure do.

RedAero42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its not smart enough. Simple plug-and-play device with no frills. In hindsight the chargepoint would have been a better buy I guess (which has speed/amperage options).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Its not smart enough. Simple plug-and-play device with no frills. In hindsight the chargepoint would have been a better buy I guess (which has speed/amperage options).
But the Juicebox 40 is a smart charger, no?

RedAero42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But the Juicebox 40 is a smart charger, no?
Unless I completely missed the features, it is only "smart" enough to have an app that gives you some status and connectivity.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Those of us who drive here in the valley should beware. The new updated software does not appear to be as good at cooling compared to last year. We haven't even hit the real summer yet and I am already seeing temps on the screen MUCH higher than before. Max I saw last year was 133F I believe. We are blowing right by that now.....especially if you use 1PD in stop and go traffic.

Today I was traveling down the freeway at 50-55 mph and the temp on the screen said 118F. Then traffic came to a crawl for a mile or two and temps started creeping back up to around 125F. Then I switched over to 1PD and temps shot right up and that was when I started snapping photos. I switched back to 2PD around 140F and then the temps reduced slightly to around 138F and maintained there until traffic started flowing again.

None of this ever happened last summer. The car handled last summer's heat like a champ. This summer is going to be dicey I think. :oops:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Summer is here!  Ugh! 1654904923214

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME XR RWD
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
I thought the temp reading seemed unusually for so early in the season. I just thought the temp reading was high due to place of the thermometer on the car. I did not realize the temperature correlated to how the MME runs, etc.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I thought the temp reading seemed unusually for so early in the season. I just thought the temp reading was high due to place of the thermometer on the car. I did not realize the temperature correlated to how the MME runs, etc.
The sensor is in a place that effectively measures the air temp after it has passed through the two heat exchangers at the front of the car. As far as I can tell, the delta between that reading and actual ambient can be an indication of how well the cooling system is working.

So far this summer, my observations seem to indicate a desired delta of 10F or less and the car is happy. Greater than that and you better get moving as to create airflow though the louvers. I really don't remember this being a problem last year but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I wouldn't think 1pd would cause more heat. Most likely it would be due to it stopping more. My FFE DIES in the heat. My black one would spend all it's energy trying to cool the battery that the AC wouldn't work for 20 min unless you were rolling above 35mph for 10 min. Traded it in for a Silver FFE. It's AC works pretty well but ramps that fan up hard and there is a lot bigger air intake and fan on it then the MME from what I can tell.

In the summer does the front end of the MME sound like a jet taxi'ing?

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
In the summer does the front end of the MME sound like a jet taxi'ing?
At least for me, yeah. It was insanely loud last summer even when just sitting there. I remember one time having it parked in my garage and going out to get the mail at night (about 50 yards, sort of around a corner/behind a neighbor's brick wall) and still hearing it quite loud out there.
Sponsored