Sunglasses Holder Breaking

requin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Got my car in October and in January the sunglass folder failed to open. It took 6 weeks to get the part. Now the same thing has happened.

There is a tiny molded plastic pin on the left side of the holder that breaks off, then jams in the track.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I'm not looking forward to having the dealership replace this every three months.
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Use mine daily - morning and afternoon on my commutes over a year now. I’ve had it jam once when my glasses got shifted over a bump. I have not had these issues - other than a defective part I can’t see how using it normally would break it. I’m not overly gently with mine either.
Sorry it’s happening to you.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Got my car in October and in January the sunglass folder failed to open. It took 6 weeks to get the part. Now the same thing has happened.

There is a tiny molded plastic pin on the left side of the holder that breaks off, then jams in the track.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I'm not looking forward to having the dealership replace this every three months.
I had a similar issue. The pin broke off so I couldn’t close the sunglass holder. Dealer replaced the whole assembly under warranty about a year ago. No issues with it since then.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag

I had that happen last September. It took the dealer until December to get the replacement, and then I chose to wait until the dealer was able to perform glass recalls to get it fixed. So almost 6 months. Since then, I decided this feature works best if you don't use it.

LeonM

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach e (Delivered 11/8), 20 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Contracting Officer
Country flag
Sorry, no issues here and I've had the car about 6 months.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
mine just makes and audible noise once it gets warm while driving. But I don't really use it. If I put my hand up on the assembly, the noise stops.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
mine just makes and audible noise once it gets warm while driving. But I don't really use it. If I put my hand up on the assembly, the noise stops.
Mine is noisy as well. Drove me crazy trying to figure out where the rattling was coming from, and one day a few weeks ago, I pressed my hand on the sunglasses door and the noise stopped ... let go and it started again. Intermittent though.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Mine is noisy as well. Drove me crazy trying to figure out where the rattling was coming from, and one day a few weeks ago, I pressed my hand on the sunglasses door and the noise stopped ... let go and it started again. Intermittent though.
Exactly my experience as well.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine broke and won’t close now. Dealer didn’t offer to fix it under warranty however.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Mine broke and won’t close now. Dealer didn’t offer to fix it under warranty however.
That's nuts. My wife's previous car, a Hyundai Kona, had an issue where the sunglasses door would keep opening on its own. They had to replace the entire assembly up there (not just the door) and it was covered. I guess Hyundai has better service than Ford.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
After 8 months I started having trouble with it. It was locking in every other time, and today the pin finally broke and it is not closing anymore.
Unbelievable..... such a cheap poor quality design on 70 k car..... I'm in shock

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
After 8 months I started having trouble with it. It was locking in every other time, and today the pin finally broke and it is not closing anymore.
Unbelievable..... such a cheap poor quality design on 70 k car..... I'm in shock
The last time I purchased a new domestic car was when I purchased a 1995 Chevy Cavalier. I then purchased a 1999 brand new Honda 4 years later and I vowed that I would never purchase another new domestic car. The overall quality between the two were light years apart. I also had driven other domestic brands here and there and I just couldn't believe how crappy the domestic brands were in comparison to their oversea counterparts.

After about 2 months of ownership with my MME along with reading multiple threads of "stuff" going on, I am getting flashbacks of the problems that I had once had with domestic products. Unfortunately they are just cheap pieces of crap that a guy puts up with and it is very annoying.

I, along with you assumed that these problems wouldn't occur on an "expensive" car.

If I have many issues with this car down the road, this will be my last Ford, Chevy or Chrysler product.
Sponsored