machefan2022

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CalRt1
Country flag
I have had previous versions of sync and when using the navigation your can zoom in and out with the + and - buttons, or you can choose Auto zoom. It seems the mach-e doesn't have this or i can't find it. I sometimes see a little "A" on my nav map where it shows the zoom level, but it never adjusts the zoom to a different level (for instance driving 75 on the highway and nav is still at 0.1 zoom). It also seems once you pinch to zoom in or out there is no way to tell it to go back to auto zoom mode. Is there something I'm missing?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have had previous versions of sync and when using the navigation your can zoom in and out with the + and - buttons, or you can choose Auto zoom. It seems the mach-e doesn't have this or i can't find it. I sometimes see a little "A" on my nav map where it shows the zoom level, but it never adjusts the zoom to a different level (for instance driving 75 on the highway and nav is still at 0.1 zoom). It also seems once you pinch to zoom in or out there is no way to tell it to go back to auto zoom mode. Is there something I'm missing?
When you manipulate the map view, if you've slid the car off of center, then an icon should appear in the upper left to recenter and reset to auto-scale. It looks like an overhead view of a vehicle with little markers pointing towards it from all sides.

My map auto-scales in and out as I slow down or speed up. I'm not sure what the vehicle speeds are that trigger these changes, but I don't think they occur at highway speeds. Something more like 0-15 mph, 15-30, and 30+. (Just an example ... I don't know actual numbers.)

You might try cycling through the three rotation options to see how they impact auto-scale. This is the N/3D button that cycles through north up, follow vehicle heading, and vehicle heading with bird's eye perspective.