SYNC navigation software corrupted

Rotmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I had a faulty APIM module several months and got it replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, since then, the navigation software has been broken.

I've been in regular contact with my servicer at my local dealership, and she tells me that when they installed the new APIM module, they had to re-download the navigation software. That software is apparently corrupted, and they don't have the ability to roll back versions.

My servicer said that Ford only gave dealerships the most recent version, and that they had several other vehicles waiting to get either a software update or rollback, but Ford Corporate wasn't responding to their requests.

@Ford Motor Company, if you're not going to proof your software before you update it, can you at least make previous versions available to your dealers? I've been waiting for nearly 4 months to have my navigation back, and apparently, I'm not the only one. Thank you!
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
If they failed an update on the APIM software, it will have locked itself 20-days later (due to a security protocol). Locked means it won't accept another software update attempt.

Based on what you've said, you're gonna need *another* APIM replacement.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
Dont worry the navigation software sucks. You arent missing much
Itā€™s not the best, but they would not be able to take advantage of using the navigation to precondition before chargers, which is very very good to have on long trips. Not only that, 4 months of their connected nav trial is essentially gone now - Iā€™d be pissed.

@Ford Motor Company - sounds like you need to jump in here. They definitely deserve a trial extension too - itā€™s not their fault they couldnā€™t use their connected nav.

OP
OP
Rotmeat

Rotmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, it seems like I'm a bit of a weirdo in that I actually prefer the built-in nav.

I feel like the voice commands are more seamless than with Google Maps, and automatically routing chargers + preconditioning is important to me (I refuse to use ABRP as I hate the software).

And the 3D buildings are neat.

OP
OP
Rotmeat

Rotmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company Howdy Ford, it's been over a week and I haven't received a response. I'll see if I can call your office next week, but it'd be nice to have a response over the forums.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company Howdy Ford, it's been over a week and I haven't received a response. I'll see if I can call your office next week, but it'd be nice to have a response over the forums.
Their only response on here will be to collect your VIN and dealership info. You can just go ahead and send that to them.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I disagree, itā€™s very capable for most people
Agree. I prefer it. Only thing I miss is Waze marking the speed traps.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I disagree, itā€™s very capable for most people
Have you tested it against google maps and waze? For me it makes me take a longer and slower route. Both Google maps and Waze pick the better route. Also, you cant just type in a restaurant. It barely pick the correct place because it uses yelp. Lastly, the most annoying thing for me is, if I put in a route to a place in a shopping center, it will route me to the road infront of the shopping center. It wont even take me to the entrance let alone to the actual store! If I didnt go there before I would not have known that I had to drive for another 5 mins and go to the other end to get to the store.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I had a faulty APIM module several months and got it replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, since then, the navigation software has been broken.

I've been in regular contact with my servicer at my local dealership, and she tells me that when they installed the new APIM module, they had to re-download the navigation software. That software is apparently corrupted, and they don't have the ability to roll back versions.

My servicer said that Ford only gave dealerships the most recent version, and that they had several other vehicles waiting to get either a software update or rollback, but Ford Corporate wasn't responding to their requests.

@Ford Motor Company, if you're not going to proof your software before you update it, can you at least make previous versions available to your dealers? I've been waiting for nearly 4 months to have my navigation back, and apparently, I'm not the only one. Thank you!
Here is my experience with a similar issue, after my APIM swap broke some of the connected navigation feature: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/missing-maps.29403/#post-684858

Long story short: the dealer had to get another APIM.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I agree the nav isn't great. Certainly not terrible. I use it from time to time but Google maps is my go to.

If they would fix 2 things I would use it WAY more
1) on I-15 in Utah it INSISTS on including the HOV lane in it's instructions, no matter what HOV/toll settings I change.

This is unnecessary because the HOV lane is just part of the main freeway, there's no separation.

It actually becomes problematic and dangerous too, because of the instructions to enter/exit the HOV lane. If there's an exit coming up it'll tell you to get out of the HOV lane at the next opportunity (even though it's part of the main freeway, there are specific dotted line sections where it's legal to enter and exit the lane). The problem is those dotted line sections are typically about 1/2 before the exit.

So the end result is you get about 2 miles of notice from the gps that you need to exit the HOV lane, and then abruptly 1/2 mile notice to cross 6 lanes and exit the freeway.

The sad part is the factory software back in 21 didn't do this. This was an update šŸ˜¬.

2) when you put in a point of interest it has the tendency to put the pin just in the middle of the road, or about 1/4 off from where the business actually is. More than I few times I've had it say "you've arrived" and not know at all where my destination is.

Like I said, not big problems, I still use it. But it's enough to make me use Google maps more.

SSOOOOOO glad Ford isn't following GMs suit with carplay and Android auto
Sponsored