Navigation Software & Preconditioning

generaltso

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have looked all over and do not see how to "precondition" a battery except by charging it, setting a departure time while plugged in, or driving it. Is there another way to force the battery into precondition mode while plugged in at home?
The preconditioning we’re talking about is for preparing to DC fast charge, so it’s not something you would typically do while plugged in at home.

Advertisement

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The preconditioning we’re talking about is for preparing to DC fast charge, so it’s not something you would typically do while plugged in at home.
Thanks, That is what I was asking about, other than driving, how do you precondition a battery for DC fast charging? And how do you warm up your battery before driving on a cold day to extend your range?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E (CA RT1), 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’d simply have Waze up in CarPlay to alert me to road hazards/etc
You mean road hazards like a state trooper with a speedgun? 😜
Thanks, That is what I was asking about, other than driving, how do you precondition a battery for DC fast charging? And how do you warm up your battery before driving on a cold day to extend your range?
Preconditioning while driving is something Ford's software will have to do; currently there is no way to do that. Rumor has it that the first OTA will include a way to precondition (ie warm) the battery when going to a DC fast charger.

To condition your battery at home you have to program in departure times; you can have up to 2 a day, but the car has to be plugged in for it to kick in. It is unclear if that will be changed too.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

Preconditioning while driving is something Ford's software will have to do; currently there is no way to do that. Rumor has it that the first OTA will include a way to precondition (ie warm) the battery when going to a DC fast charger.

To condition your battery at home you have to program in departure times; you can have up to 2 a day, but the car has to be plugged in for it to kick in. It is unclear if that will be changed too.
Thanks @timbop,

for the departure times, I am a little confused. Does the car precondition "prior" to your departure time and is smart enough to know how far in advance to do the job or does it "start" at your departure time. Once it does precondition, how long will it stay ready? In one version of the vehicle setup in Ford Pass, before our vehicles arrived, it gave you a departure time and a "turn off" time. That is no longer visible in any app or the in-car setup.

generaltso

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I believe manually doing a remote start will essentially do the same thing as having departure times do it automatically, no?

KAustin

Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

Do we know yet how long the pre conditioning takes?

Advertisement

Advertisement