Navigation Software & Preconditioning

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I had never seen this thread; it's interesting.

Reading it though now makes perfect sense to me why the manual says not to use the heat in the car for a while when you're DC fast charging. It needs the heat for the batteries after you plug in to get them up to spec.
I could have sworn I once read on here to turn off the "E-Heat" when you're close to the DCFC to help condition the battery. That seems counter-productive but maybe the energy then goes to warming the batteries?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I could have sworn I once read on here to turn off the "E-Heat" when you're close to the DCFC to help condition the battery. That seems counter-productive but maybe the energy then goes to warming the batteries?
You're probably thinking of the recommendation to turn off HVAC when actually DCFC charging, since that's when it will start to heat up the battery pack. It doesn't currently try to heat the pack ahead of time.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
So to revive this thread now that it's getting cold out again...there's still no way to pre-condition the battery on a road trip ahead of arriving at a DCFC?
It’s coming in a future update, if the chargers are part of your planned trip in the built-in navigation system.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
It’s coming in a future update, if the chargers are part of your planned trip in the built-in navigation system.
Feels like pre-conditioning the battery on a trip should have been table stakes for Ford...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So you could drive like a maniac in the last 2 miles to the DC fast charger to get that battery hot..... Just kidding.
got it:
âś… drive it like a Mustang
Sponsored