Sync Screen Brightness Issue

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Just to update.

The console brightness controls next to the headlight dial did brighten the main screen.

Additionally, I have since received the 1.7.1 update and the screen brightness controls are indeed fixed.
This worked for me too but still bugs me that the OTA update caused a problem that I did NOT have before!! Ford says not to worry and they will try again later but how much later???
Sponsored

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Add me to the list of owners dealing with this issue. Been happening for about 3 weeks and still no solution only a temporary fix if the screen decides to be dim. When it is too bright you are SOL. Especially annoying at night when the screen is too bright and you can’t fix it

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey Everyone,
If the FordPower-Up 1.7.1 over-the-air update does not fully complete it is possible that the center screen in your Mach-E may dim significantly making it hard to read. This will automatically correct itself when the OTA is complete, but that could take some time based upon how much you operate your vehicle.
Here's a quick solution. To correct the dimming without waiting for the OTA to complete, rotate the headlamp switch to restore the screen.

Leigh Byrnes

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Is it best to let the vehicle sit or best to have it driving?

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Add me to the list of owners dealing with this issue. Been happening for about 3 weeks and still no solution only a temporary fix if the screen decides to be dim. When it is too bright you are SOL. Especially annoying at night when the screen is too bright and you can’t fix it
Thank you for commenting about this because I have the too bright issue and none of the posted workarounds work. I haven't driven it much recently but if need to just have the car sitting on in the garage I'm happy to do so if it gets the update to complete.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thank you for commenting about this because I have the too bright issue and none of the posted workarounds work. I haven't driven it much recently but if need to just have the car sitting on in the garage I'm happy to do so if it gets the update to complete.
It needs to be on to complete updates, they won’t happen if it’s just sitting. Drive it normally.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
It needs to be on to complete updates, they won’t happen if it’s just sitting. Drive it normally.
Thanks. Yeah the problem is I haven't been driving anywhere recently which is why I was wondering if turning it on and letting it sit in the garage would be enough.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks. Yeah the problem is I haven't been driving anywhere recently which is why I was wondering if turning it on and letting it sit in the garage would be enough.
Might work. Back it out and pull it in again and leave it on. It will turn off after 30 minutes unless you disable the auto shutdown.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Hey Everyone,
If the FordPower-Up 1.7.1 over-the-air update does not fully complete it is possible that the center screen in your Mach-E may dim significantly making it hard to read. This will automatically correct itself when the OTA is complete, but that could take some time based upon how much you operate your vehicle.
Here's a quick solution. To correct the dimming without waiting for the OTA to complete, rotate the headlamp switch to restore the screen.
Noticed this exact issue after an unsuccessful Dealership install of 1.7.1. I didn't try the headlight switch, but a screen reboot (hold Volume Down + Seek Right) resolved it.

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
Noticed this exact issue after an unsuccessful Dealership install of 1.7.1. I didn't try the headlight switch, but a screen reboot (hold Volume Down + Seek Right) resolved it.
Doing a reboot is overkill. Just use the brightness buttons next to the headlight dial. One press and it will restore.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Doing a reboot is overkill. Just use the brightness buttons next to the headlight dial. One press and it will restore.
I've since discovered that, thanks. The reboot is my go-to fix-all for display issues :)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
For those of you who had this issue, for about how long did you have it before you received 1.7.1?
I'm currently in a state now where my screen doesn't respond to the brightness setting at all, and occasionally dims out completely. But my dealer does not know how to help. So, I'm essentially waiting for either a new APIM, if I'm cleared for it, or a magical update.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
So now after the dealer could not get all of my modules updated and have stopped responding, I am having this issue. Glad I found this thread. I will try the light switch workaround tomorrow to see if it works. Since this is a known issue and the backup camera is dependent on this screen, why can’t @Ford push the updates or train their dealers?

Zulu17

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Rav 4, 2010 Mazda 3, 2023 MME Vapor Blue
Country flag
Add me to the list of owners that is having this issue now - though this is substantially later than all yours. I’m on update 4.2.1 and I can BARELY see my screen. Adjusting brightness next to the headlights does nothing, nor does resetting the screen.

To preface this issue I was away for three weeks and the vehicle went into a deep sleep mode. When I started it up it would not auto adjust to my brightness settings that I had set to my profile. I took it to the dealership yesterday for its second delivery and they had no clue. Any help in this matter would be appreciated!!
Sponsored