Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Ok ok ok. Am I missing a very big picture? Please please don’t misunderstand me. But that totaled the car? I beg you to please don’t misunderstand my question. I am wondering if there was other damage that I can not see? Other car I can see as totaled. But the mache? Should have hit me up. Could have sold you mine for a great price. No panoramic roof and not blue cruise. But seriously that kind of worries me that you are totaled out. Did the cabin itself take any damage
I had a very minor rear bumper collision and it cost $7k and took 9 weeks. So this total is not surprising especially since by the looks of it the frame, batteries and front motor likely were basically destroyed.
Sponsored

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I’ll be at the Sixers vs Miami game tonight!
I called ALL the Ford dealers in a 60 Mile radius. Either they didn’t have any MME’s or there was a markup on the ones they did have. Remember, I was driving a GT so, I wasnt interested in anything less than a GT. I was even willing to go up to a PE. It worked out for the best tho.

My Policy didn’t have “new car replacement” so they were only going to budge but so much. I got enough to cover my MME loan and get a new vehicle so, I was satisfied.
Well have a great time at the game! Still a bummer about the wreck and going with the Kia, but it’s a good looking EV, so you aren’t stepping down. Now that Hyundai version. Blech!

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I frequently hear stories about ford dealerships being unfriendly and difficult to negotiate with, I know mine was. It's too bad, because that alone, is pushing me in other directions. I've got my eye on the EQE. Glad you hear you had a good experience with Kia. I keep hearing rumor that Ford is planning to change their policy on dealer markups, but have seen no progress on the ground. Thanks for sharing your experience. Enjoy your new ride :)

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Glad you’re okay and congratulations on your new ride! Thanks for the review. EVs will keep getting better and like new tech, everyone will want newer. I’m in the process of having my GTPE bought back under the lemon law this week I will miss it tremendously. For now, I jump back into my 6.6L turbo 2500 HD (dreading the pump) but likely to order a BMW I4m50 real soon. Won’t see it until 2023 though! Best wishes

TLDR - My GT was hit and totaled by a driver last Tuesday. Dealership would not budge on the ADM. Purchased an EV6 with No Markup. I compare both cars.

Well, it happened. On 3/8/22 my Mach E was totaled by another driver. I was in the car but, miraculously walked away mostly unscathed. Luckily, a Cop witnessed the whole thing so the insurance claim flew along in near record time. Considering how fast he was traveling, had he T-Boned instead of swiped me, well, I’d rather not think about that. My car was totaled. His car ended up +200 feet up the road after impact to give you an idea of how fast he was going. I’m lucky to be alive.
View attachment 57600
The next day, I called my dealership (Conshahocken Ford) and my Ford sales guy (Pete) let me know that there was another GT coming in the next 10 days that I could “hold” with a down payment. I explicitly expressed that I was not going to pay a markup and if they were going to charge me one, I would not be interested. His answer “come in, let me see what I can do” turns out, he couldn’t do ?.

The finance manager wanted 10K over MSRP, and was only willing to come down to 5k. After a rise in both the price of the car AND interest rates, I wasn’t willing to budge more than $2500. Considering I just purchased a Mach E back in December, maybe I was foolish to believe that they would give me some consideration. Nevertheless, after 20 minutes stuck in the mud, I wished Pete the best and left.

A while back, someone posted pics of the KIA EV6 here. While I didn’t like look from the rear as much as my GT, I did admire the look of the car overall. After seeing one in the wild a couple weeks ago and again at the Philadelphia Car Show last week, it was still on my mind. Highly motivated to buy another EV ASAP (I’m not the ONLY one looking at those gas prices, Amirite?) I went home and did a little research on the EV6. Not bad…not bad at all. After hoping against hope and calling all of the Ford dealers in the area (each with a 5K-15K markup on all Mach E’s) I decided to travel to the local Kia dealership.

I’m glad that I did.

Turns out, they had a 1st edition EV6-GT-Line available. The catch? $5000 over MSRP. I told myself that if I really liked the car, and it came close to the GT Mach E, I would purchase it. Because it costs less than the GT, I would be able to afford the Markup…not that I had plans on paying over MSRP for it…

After the test drive, I was absolutely sold. For as cold as my Ford dealership was, the Kia dealership was the total opposite. Warm and friendly, we made a deal and signed some initial paperwork. Turns out, the actual ADM was $1811 over MSRP. I was able to negotiate that down to $0 and wound up paying appx $3K in “dealer options” that I may or may not have taken otherwise. View attachment 57617
These are the “options” that were added to the deal. Free inspections for life and the various protection plans (of which I would have probably passed on) are listed above.
Hey, if they are gonna try and uckf me with the ADM’s at least give me a lollipop afterwards…??.

All in all, I was able to get a fully spec’d EV6 GT-Line 1st edition for less than I paid for the Mach E GT. After driving it in the test drive and subsequently to the shop that takes care of my PPF, I have a few comments about the comparison.

What I’ll miss about my GT (Exterior)
  • I loved the Rims on the GT. That flower petal design grew on me and grew on me quickly. Edit: and as mentioned, they were a breeze to clean.
  • The rear end of the Mustang looks better than a lot of the cars out there. Compared to the EV6’s rear (Which IS growing on me), the MME will be missed. Walking up to my MME from the back gave me the same smile as walking up to my wife from the back…both shaped exactly how I like.
  • The light up Pony on the GT Face is just cool…period.
  • The satisfaction of having an exclusive car that was complimented daily. (This actually may be an EV thing because I’ve been asked about the EV6 multiple times already).
What I’ll miss about my GT (Interior)
  • The Panoramic Roof (which created additional headroom in the rear)
  • 0-60 in 3.8 seconds
  • Storage (Frunk and Trunk)
As you can see, the list of things I’ll miss are minimal, at best. Besides the design of the rear of the MME and the pano-roof, the EV6 is (and I hate to say it here…) Better..to ME. This isn’t a Mustang hater speaking either, btw…I LOVED my GT…but after 4 months as my daily (and part time Uber/Lyft) driver, I have many many hours driving the vehicle. I feel at least somewhat qualified to make a non biased comparison. Let me explain.

What I don’t like about the EV6 (Exterior)
  • The Rims are…meh. I’ve been looking for MMEGT style rims ever since I picked the EV6 up. These rims look easy to clean as well, I just don’t like them as much. They remind me of a 90’s Hot Wheels car or something…??.
  • The rear is ok…in a Aston Martin-ish kind of way…like I mentioned before, it’s growing on me and DEFINITELY looks better in person than in the pics. If they change the styling of the GT when it drops, I’ll be on that b4 u can blink.
What I don’t like about the EV6 (Interior)
  • Storage - This is my biggest gripe and a space that I feel Kia REALLY dropped the ball. There is NO storage to speak of. Yes, there is a “frunk” but, It won’t hold more than a ream of paper. Same for the storage under the “trunk space” it’s abysmal. View attachment 57613
  • If you enjoy the frunk of the Mach E and Model Y…then be ready for some serious compromises if you choose any EV6 AWD model with the upgraded sound system. It really is frustratingly small. I’m still trying to figure out the best place for the charging cables (which don’t come with the car, btw).
  • No Panoramic Roof. They say that there is one but, its just an extra wide sunroof for the front passengers. It does open so, there’s that. ??
  • The sound system…it’s not nearly as punchy as the Ford. I’ll be making some mods here for sure.
  • WIRED Carplay/Android Auto…SMH

Besides those points…I can honestly say that Kia has somehow bested what I thought was the best EV of last year. How is it better you ask?

• Infotainment System / Tech - The dual 12” screens (One of which is touchscreen) are sharp, customizable and snappy. The lag is minimal and while it isn’t Tesla smooth, it’s close…damn close. The driver screen, unlike the one on the MME, provides a wealth of information and has option screens which provide additional information about the car. There is an Augmented Reality screen on the windshield which shows turn by turn directions actually ON the road in front of you as well as relevant speed limit info, speed etc. It’s really cool and a very nice touch coming from a pretty basic and static 2nd screen on the MME. View attachment 57606 There is also a cool feature where, when you turn on your turn signal, the camera under your respective side mirror shows a real time video of your blind spot. This is in addition to the blind spot that shows both on the AR projection and the bright ⚠ sign on the side mirrors. View attachment 57608 (A feature I’m sure Ford will make available in future updates)
  • The interior quality speaks to a quality level at worse: on par or slightly better than the MME and at best…It’s an elevated experience. At least for the driver…I’ve yet to ride in the rear. The kids love it tho…but they don’t count ?
  • Ride Quality - Very quiet cabin. The only ride that beats it is the MME GTPE. If you don’t have one of those, you’re not beating the quality of the ride on the EV6. ? It’s composed, comfortable, not nearly as Firm as my GT yet handles turns with the same or better sure footedness as my GT. I’m sure the 255/45R20’s had a part to play there. There is a tighter turn radius as well. The car IS zippy. Not 3.8 0-60 but 4.6 0-60 isn’t anything to sneeze at. I am still surprising sports cars off the light and I can pass on the highway as needed…just like the MME. There isn’t a “5 seconds of power” limitation either.
  • LED Lighting - Looks much better and is more pronounced in the EV6….if you like that kind of thing. The kids love it.
  • Heated and Cooled front seats, Heated rear seats, that slightly recline.
  • A Heat Pump!
  • Faster Charging (I’ve only seen up to 278Kw charging speeds but, I was able to top off my car from 67% to 90% in 5 minutes or so. THIS will be key on road trips for my family and I.
  • 10 yr / 100000 mile warranty on the battery and other parts…incredible. I purchased the extended warranty from Ford on my car to help with the 3 year/36000 MAX warranty.
  • Vehicle to Load - I dont see myself ever using this feature but, who knows….maybe I will one day.

Overall, I’m very very happy with my choice. I will say this however, there are NO fans like Mustang fans…I could always depend on a steady stream of info, news, pics, idea and comedy in this forum. I may lurk for a lil while longer but, try not to blow by me if you see me around these Philadelphia Streets…?. Safe rides and long ranges folks…✌?

View attachment 57597
My baby…?
View attachment 57596
His car…Don’t drive under the influence folks.
View attachment 57615
One of my 1st Charging sessions
View attachment 57616
After my PPF was installed.
View attachment 57599
EV6 - Ready to roll
View attachment 57598
Thick in the hips…

I haven’t checked this for typos or errors so, I may make a few edits here and there. But, u get the gist. Feel free to AMA.

View attachment 57595

View attachment 57604

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
I’ll be at the Sixers vs Miami game tonight!
I called ALL the Ford dealers in a 60 Mile radius. Either they didn’t have any MME’s or there was a markup on the ones they did have. Remember, I was driving a GT so, I wasnt interested in anything less than a GT. I was even willing to go up to a PE. It worked out for the best tho.

My Policy didn’t have “new car replacement” so they were only going to budge but so much. I got enough to cover my MME loan and get a new vehicle so, I was satisfied.
No Embid or Harden tonight. I would be pissed. Oh well. Did you try Keyser Miller in Collegeville? I ordered my car there.

OP
OP
SnowBunnE

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Glad you’re okay and congratulations on your new ride! Thanks for the review. EVs will keep getting better and like new tech, everyone will want newer. I’m in the process of having my GTPE bought back under the lemon law this week I will miss it tremendously. For now, I jump back into my 6.6L turbo 2500 HD (dreading the pump) but likely to order a BMW I4m50 real soon. Won’t see it until 2023 though! Best wishes
No Embid or Harden tonight. I would be pissed. Oh well. Did you try Keyser Miller in Collegeville? I ordered my car there.
yea. Still good seats tho ??
I don’t know if Keyser was on my list but at this point…it’s a moot point. Good looking tho’ ??
Ford Mustang Mach-E T F2A1C210-ACC6-47C3-84CC-C6540F3ED623

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
They won. You saw a good game from your great seats. Just put Keyser Miller on your list next time. Enjoy

Fromheather

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I'm also Loving the EV6! It's a fun car to drive IMHO. pros augmented display, faster charge, turning lane camera display, sun roof that opens and the control panel doesn't look like a stuck on tablet. Cons little frunk, no level one charger but did come with Tesla adapter plug. Glad you're ok! Honestly the most important take away from this thread. Things can be replaced or exchanged.

20220305_084723.jpg

20220305_084711.jpg

20220306_145041.jpg

20220306_145005.jpg

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I don't see the Kia handling that wreck as well as the Mach-E did. The Mach-E is a 5000lb tank.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
Someone where I work just picked up an EV6 (non-GT), and must say it does look really good in-person (inside and out). Not enough to make me trade-in my GTPE yet, but good to see some great looking and practical EVs making their way into the real world, and hopefully forces Ford to make the next-gen MMEs even better. I'm sure Elon, or at least his people, are watching.

mmejersey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA-R1 AWD GB, 2022 Kia EV6 GTL AWD YB
Country flag
I don't see the Kia handling that wreck as well as the Mach-E did. The Mach-E is a 5000lb tank.
I don't know about that. I think the architecture of these cars make it feel like a tank. The heavy and strong battery compartment at the bottom acts like a strong shield. I had a Chevy Bolt prior to my current car and somebody rear ended the car at a signal. Nothing much happened to the Bolt other than moving the car by several feets forward and flipping out the plastic cover on the rear bumper. The other car's front bumper was completely destroyed and airbags were deployed.

mmejersey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA-R1 AWD GB, 2022 Kia EV6 GTL AWD YB
Country flag
TLDR - My GT was hit and totaled by a driver last Tuesday. Dealership would not budge on the ADM. Purchased an EV6 with No Markup. I compare both cars.

Well, it happened. On 3/8/22 my Mach E was totaled by another driver. I was in the car but, miraculously walked away mostly unscathed. Luckily, a Cop witnessed the whole thing so the insurance claim flew along in near record time. Considering how fast he was traveling, had he T-Boned instead of swiped me, well, I’d rather not think about that. My car was totaled. His car ended up +200 feet up the road after impact to give you an idea of how fast he was going. I’m lucky to be alive.
View attachment 57600
The next day, I called my dealership (Conshahocken Ford) and my Ford sales guy (Pete) let me know that there was another GT coming in the next 10 days that I could “hold” with a down payment. I explicitly expressed that I was not going to pay a markup and if they were going to charge me one, I would not be interested. His answer “come in, let me see what I can do” turns out, he couldn’t do ?.

The finance manager wanted 10K over MSRP, and was only willing to come down to 5k. After a rise in both the price of the car AND interest rates, I wasn’t willing to budge more than $2500. Considering I just purchased a Mach E back in December, maybe I was foolish to believe that they would give me some consideration. Nevertheless, after 20 minutes stuck in the mud, I wished Pete the best and left.

A while back, someone posted pics of the KIA EV6 here. While I didn’t like look from the rear as much as my GT, I did admire the look of the car overall. After seeing one in the wild a couple weeks ago and again at the Philadelphia Car Show last week, it was still on my mind. Highly motivated to buy another EV ASAP (I’m not the ONLY one looking at those gas prices, Amirite?) I went home and did a little research on the EV6. Not bad…not bad at all. After hoping against hope and calling all of the Ford dealers in the area (each with a 5K-15K markup on all Mach E’s) I decided to travel to the local Kia dealership.

I’m glad that I did.

Turns out, they had a 1st edition EV6-GT-Line available. The catch? $5000 over MSRP. I told myself that if I really liked the car, and it came close to the GT Mach E, I would purchase it. Because it costs less than the GT, I would be able to afford the Markup…not that I had plans on paying over MSRP for it…

After the test drive, I was absolutely sold. For as cold as my Ford dealership was, the Kia dealership was the total opposite. Warm and friendly, we made a deal and signed some initial paperwork. Turns out, the actual ADM was $1811 over MSRP. I was able to negotiate that down to $0 and wound up paying appx $3K in “dealer options” that I may or may not have taken otherwise. View attachment 57617
These are the “options” that were added to the deal. Free inspections for life and the various protection plans (of which I would have probably passed on) are listed above.
Hey, if they are gonna try and uckf me with the ADM’s at least give me a lollipop afterwards…??.

All in all, I was able to get a fully spec’d EV6 GT-Line 1st edition for less than I paid for the Mach E GT. After driving it in the test drive and subsequently to the shop that takes care of my PPF, I have a few comments about the comparison.

What I’ll miss about my GT (Exterior)
  • I loved the Rims on the GT. That flower petal design grew on me and grew on me quickly. Edit: and as mentioned, they were a breeze to clean.
  • The rear end of the Mustang looks better than a lot of the cars out there. Compared to the EV6’s rear (Which IS growing on me), the MME will be missed. Walking up to my MME from the back gave me the same smile as walking up to my wife from the back…both shaped exactly how I like.
  • The light up Pony on the GT Face is just cool…period.
  • The satisfaction of having an exclusive car that was complimented daily. (This actually may be an EV thing because I’ve been asked about the EV6 multiple times already).
What I’ll miss about my GT (Interior)
  • The Panoramic Roof (which created additional headroom in the rear)
  • 0-60 in 3.8 seconds
  • Storage (Frunk and Trunk)
As you can see, the list of things I’ll miss are minimal, at best. Besides the design of the rear of the MME and the pano-roof, the EV6 is (and I hate to say it here…) Better..to ME. This isn’t a Mustang hater speaking either, btw…I LOVED my GT…but after 4 months as my daily (and part time Uber/Lyft) driver, I have many many hours driving the vehicle. I feel at least somewhat qualified to make a non biased comparison. Let me explain.

What I don’t like about the EV6 (Exterior)
  • The Rims are…meh. I’ve been looking for MMEGT style rims ever since I picked the EV6 up. These rims look easy to clean as well, I just don’t like them as much. They remind me of a 90’s Hot Wheels car or something…??.
  • The rear is ok…in a Aston Martin-ish kind of way…like I mentioned before, it’s growing on me and DEFINITELY looks better in person than in the pics. If they change the styling of the GT when it drops, I’ll be on that b4 u can blink.
What I don’t like about the EV6 (Interior)
  • Storage - This is my biggest gripe and a space that I feel Kia REALLY dropped the ball. There is NO storage to speak of. Yes, there is a “frunk” but, It won’t hold more than a ream of paper. Same for the storage under the “trunk space” it’s abysmal. View attachment 57613
  • If you enjoy the frunk of the Mach E and Model Y…then be ready for some serious compromises if you choose any EV6 AWD model with the upgraded sound system. It really is frustratingly small. I’m still trying to figure out the best place for the charging cables (which don’t come with the car, btw).
  • No Panoramic Roof. They say that there is one but, its just an extra wide sunroof for the front passengers. It does open so, there’s that. ??
  • The sound system…it’s not nearly as punchy as the Ford. I’ll be making some mods here for sure.
  • WIRED Carplay/Android Auto…SMH

Besides those points…I can honestly say that Kia has somehow bested what I thought was the best EV of last year. How is it better you ask?

• Infotainment System / Tech - The dual 12” screens (One of which is touchscreen) are sharp, customizable and snappy. The lag is minimal and while it isn’t Tesla smooth, it’s close…damn close. The driver screen, unlike the one on the MME, provides a wealth of information and has option screens which provide additional information about the car. There is an Augmented Reality screen on the windshield which shows turn by turn directions actually ON the road in front of you as well as relevant speed limit info, speed etc. It’s really cool and a very nice touch coming from a pretty basic and static 2nd screen on the MME. View attachment 57606 There is also a cool feature where, when you turn on your turn signal, the camera under your respective side mirror shows a real time video of your blind spot. This is in addition to the blind spot that shows both on the AR projection and the bright ⚠ sign on the side mirrors. View attachment 57608 (A feature I’m sure Ford will make available in future updates)
  • The interior quality speaks to a quality level at worse: on par or slightly better than the MME and at best…It’s an elevated experience. At least for the driver…I’ve yet to ride in the rear. The kids love it tho…but they don’t count ?
  • Ride Quality - Very quiet cabin. The only ride that beats it is the MME GTPE. If you don’t have one of those, you’re not beating the quality of the ride on the EV6. ? It’s composed, comfortable, not nearly as Firm as my GT yet handles turns with the same or better sure footedness as my GT. I’m sure the 255/45R20’s had a part to play there. There is a tighter turn radius as well. The car IS zippy. Not 3.8 0-60 but 4.6 0-60 isn’t anything to sneeze at. I am still surprising sports cars off the light and I can pass on the highway as needed…just like the MME. There isn’t a “5 seconds of power” limitation either.
  • LED Lighting - Looks much better and is more pronounced in the EV6….if you like that kind of thing. The kids love it.
  • Heated and Cooled front seats, Heated rear seats, that slightly recline.
  • A Heat Pump!
  • Faster Charging (I’ve only seen up to 278Kw charging speeds but, I was able to top off my car from 67% to 90% in 5 minutes or so. THIS will be key on road trips for my family and I.
  • 10 yr / 100000 mile warranty on the battery and other parts…incredible. I purchased the extended warranty from Ford on my car to help with the 3 year/36000 MAX warranty.
  • Vehicle to Load - I dont see myself ever using this feature but, who knows….maybe I will one day.

Overall, I’m very very happy with my choice. I will say this however, there are NO fans like Mustang fans…I could always depend on a steady stream of info, news, pics, idea and comedy in this forum. I may lurk for a lil while longer but, try not to blow by me if you see me around these Philadelphia Streets…?. Safe rides and long ranges folks…✌?

View attachment 57597
My baby…?
View attachment 57596
His car…Don’t drive under the influence folks.
View attachment 57615
One of my 1st Charging sessions
View attachment 57616
After my PPF was installed.
View attachment 57599
EV6 - Ready to roll
View attachment 57598
Thick in the hips…

I haven’t checked this for typos or errors so, I may make a few edits here and there. But, u get the gist. Feel free to AMA.

View attachment 57595

View attachment 57604
Glad you are OK. I also picked up an EV6 GT-Line AWD couple of weeks back and the dealership threw in a free ChargePoint Home Flex with the purchase. Your AR display on HUD looks different from what I have. That looks really cool. I scoured through the menus and couldn't find an option to make it look like that. I only get the turn signs and animations. I haven't seen them embedded on the road like that with such details

OP
OP
SnowBunnE

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Glad you are OK. I also picked up an EV6 GT-Line AWD couple of weeks back and the dealership threw in a free ChargePoint Home Flex with the purchase. Your AR display on HUD looks different from what I have. That looks really cool. I scoured through the menus and couldn't find an option to make it look like that. I only get the turn signs and animations. I haven't seen them embedded on the road like that with such details
The Heads Up display and the turn signal pic that I posted were both screen grabs, not from my car. I haven't gotten my car back yet from the Shop (PPF / Ceramic Coating) but, the AR looks closer to the one in the video below... . I should have my car back this weekend...once I have it, I'll grab a few more pics and post.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I'm also Loving the EV6! It's a fun car to drive IMHO. pros augmented display, faster charge, turning lane camera display, sun roof that opens and the control panel doesn't look like a stuck on tablet. Cons little frunk, no level one charger but did come with Tesla adapter plug. Glad you're ok! Honestly the most important take away from this thread. Things can be replaced or exchanged.

Ford Mustang Mach-E T 20220306_145005

Are you sure that was a Tesla adapter plug and not the vehicle-to-load adapter that is definitely included? Congrats - I've got the same color GT Line AWD. Great car.