First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The "Compare Specs" section of the main Mustang Mach-E landing page was updated 6/27/2020. Lots of new details nailed down. But also some modifications. Here are the more notable differences between today's specs and the Technical Specifications PDF that was posted in November and then mildly updated in December and April:

November 2019June 2020
Battery metricCapacity (total): 75.7, 98.8 kWhUsable energy: 68, 88 kWh
Peak horsepower255, 282, 332 HP266, 290, 346 HP
Peak torque306, 417 lb.-ft.317, 428 lb.-ft.
California Route 1 wheels18" Magnetic-painted Aluminum with Sparkle Silver and Black Aero Cover18” High Gloss Black-Painted Aluminum with Low Gloss Black Aero Cover
Select DC charging max powerup to 115 kWup to 150 kW
Cargo space - behind rear seat29 cu.ft.29.7 (RWD), 26.6 (e-AWD)
Cargo space - behind first row59.6 cu.ft.59.7 (RWD), 54.7 (e-AWD)
Cargo space - front trunk4.8 cu.ft.4.7
Overall height63 in64 (RWD), 63.9 (e-AWD)
Sponsored

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Anyone know why adding the front motor takes away rear cargo space? I thought if anything at all, it might remove a little depth from the frunk.
(A guess): An extra controller/inverter needed for the front motor? Extra battery cables? (Yeah I know: why wouldn't the extra controller/inverter simply be right on the front motor...)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Anyone know why adding the front motor takes away rear cargo space? I thought if anything at all, it might remove a little depth from the frunk.
According to the UK website the rear cargo space is the same across the whole range. Here at least
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tech spec adjustments Screenshot_20200628-133705_Samsung Internet

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
probably a slight difference in production car off the line rather than the hand built prototypes, or even an adjustment to something based on testing. It could also just be a more refined measurement process.

ajpd2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I am curious if the extra inch of height is due to an increase in body size or an extra inch of ground clearance.
I wonder that too. The only reason I believe it's an inch extra ground clearance is bc it may be more expensive from a manufacturing standpoint they had to produce different variations of body sizes for each of the trims?

I may be bias though as I hope it's the extra ground clearance - 5.7inches was always a bit too low for me :)

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
One of the problems in determining differences is that Ford has listed whatever spec is the best. This one's range, that one's hp, another's charging, etc. Doesn't make it easy.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Best news in there for me is the extra inch taller. Hope that translates to the driver seat being an inch taller, not just the roof.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
One of the problems in determining differences is that Ford has listed whatever spec is the best. This one's range, that one's hp, another's charging, etc. Doesn't make it easy.
On some general pages, yes. However, if you're looking at the Compare Model Specs where a lot of this info is, it is broken down by specific model.
(Just not for the GT as all info has been deleted and just shows "Details Coming Soon" now.)

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OK, so now the specs on the main landing page remain the same as a few days ago, while the updated Tech Specs PDF indicate that the cargo space differences are related to regular vs extended battery.

The battery being the cause of the difference obviously makes a lot more sense than the RWD/AWD.

That said, I wonder if some design change occurred since last November? I thought the original intent was to use the same battery enclosure with just a hollow area within it, under the rear seat bench, for the standard battery.

From David Tracy at Jalopnik:
You’ll notice at the far left side of the image above that there’s actually a second tier. On extended range Mach-Es, those two modules on the second level sit under the rear seat. The standard-range cars simply have a void in that location, as the two battery sizes share the same case.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
OK, so now the specs on the main landing page remain the same as a few days ago, while the updated Tech Specs PDF indicate that the cargo space differences are related to regular vs extended battery.

The battery being the cause of the difference obviously makes a lot more sense than the RWD/AWD.

That said, I wonder if some design change occurred since last November? I thought the original intent was to use the same battery enclosure with just a hollow area within it, under the rear seat bench, for the standard battery.

From David Tracy at Jalopnik:
If you look at the tech specs closely, there is a hidden cargo space under the load floor in the rear of the MME. I would bet that space is either smaller or totally eliminated with the ER battery. There really should be no difference in the actual open cargo area.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
If you look at the tech specs closely, there is a hidden cargo space under the load floor in the rear of the MME. I would bet that space is either smaller or totally eliminated with the ER battery. There really should be no difference in the actual open cargo area.
Doubtful. This space is a crumple zone and, since EV's don't have a spare tire, it is used as storage.

That space is in both my Bolt and my old Focus Electric. They both had/have a false panel you lift to get to it.

The Focus Electric had an electric inflator with some "goop" (technical term) to self-seal a tire for emergencies (the Bolt doesn't have that because it has the blue On-Star button).

In addition, in both cases I keep my spare EVSE's down there and charging extension cord (in the Bolt its a pretty big space).

Ford has already said that the extra spaced used up by the ER battery is the "lump" that holds up the rear seat (also very similar to how the battery is arranged in the Bolt).

Note the lump on the back of the Bolt's battery:
Chevy-Bolt-battery.jpg
Sponsored