Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Same here, CarPlay and good phone integration is critical to me.

I think it's hilarious that I almost every Tesla I see has a phone holder like a car from the early 2000's or before. All these people buy a $60k+ car but still can't use their phone apps natively in the car due to the Tesla system not supporting it in their interface.

Rivian has the same problem and there are lots of posts on the Rivian forums from people complaining and requesting the functionality to be added.
I knoooww, I was like, "this is gonna be so annoying time after time streaming my Apple Music over BT like it's 2010 in a $60k car"

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I don't see why this has so much buzz. I have been on multiple 2000+ mile trips and have had no problem with Electrify America (and others).

Never did I find myself wishing I could use a Tesla network charger.
Because the experience differs depending on where you live. Go pull up the EA app and look at LA or San Francisco. Amazing number of locations. We're used to a city maybe having 1-3.

In 13 months of use, in probably a dozen states, we've never waited, and rarely find more than 1 other vehicle, if that.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Monthly memberships are likely the only way for public charging to be profitable. expect EA and tesla when the and if they open up to non-tesla (I hate this idea BTW) to be at least $3-6 per month ( with either a KWH limit or how many visits) or maybe $100 per year for unlimited charging if they do it right, you wont be able to share the account with anyone or even used on a second EV

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag
I don't see why this has so much buzz. I have been on multiple 2000+ mile trips and have had no problem with Electrify America (and others).

Never did I find myself wishing I could use a Tesla network charger.
I love EA for what I’ve needed it for on my long trips (socal-Chicago, and a few Phoenix/Las Vegas trips), but i didn’t take myMach-E to visit family in Door County because there’s no 50kw+ charging options. Adding Superchargers would be a game changer in Eastern Wisconsin.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Preview Look at Tesla Supercharger US Membership App Screen for Non-Tesla EV Owners 7A403AFA-80BD-407F-B95D-F98F8A8F5DA6

KadeBR

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RR Explorer ST, 2021 RR GTPE
Occupation
CDL Hazmat
Country flag
This will be great up In North Dakota we mainly just have 50kw chargers but at least better than Montana you can't drive through without needing to stop at a Campground you have to go up into Canada if you want to get to the west coast.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
For those of you in this thread saying "I don't know why this is a big deal, Electrify America has worked perfectly for me."

Cool.

The other 95% of us who have traveled across the country in an EV will strongly disagree. This move is needed now. Depending on any L3 that happens to be out of service when you arrive (regardless what their app says) is enough to become a serious safety issue outside of the coasts.

The importance of opening up the best charging network to CCS is nothing short of monumental for EV adoption and safety.

pr0t0c0l_dr01d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select eAWD
Country flag
For those of you in this thread saying "I don't know why this is a big deal, Electrify America has worked perfectly for me."

Cool.

The other 95% of us who have traveled across the country in an EV will strongly disagree. This move is needed now. Depending on any L3 that happens to be out of service when you arrive (regardless what their app says) is enough to become a serious safety issue outside of the coasts.

The importance of opening up the best charging network to CCS is nothing short of monumental for EV adoption and safety.
It's such a serious safety issue that local governments should probably regulate / fine providers that don't promptly fix their broken charging stations.

Last edited:

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
It's such a serioius safety issue that local governments should probably regulate / fine providers that don't promptly fix their broken charging stations.
This is exactly what I've told my local officials. My cries just fall on deaf ears or they tell me that our city has plenty of level 2 chargers. I live in a capital city and both of our public level 3 chargers here have been broken for months. It's absolutely insane that these people are OK with this.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
I'm waiting for this. EA needs to start to deploy meaningful number of chargers and maintain them. My last EA bad experience happened week ago at Halfmoon Bay, Ca: 30% station worked (1 of 3).

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
teslas look like eggs
Lol
C’mon. The Model Y has a dicey jelly bean feel to it. Damn they are ugly. And the interior …..riding the iPad. So spartan it makes old Hard plastic look DeLuxe
Jes sayin.

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
It’ll be interesting to see if all those superchargers at the gas stations around here are still availble when this occurs… It boggles my mind that multiple gas stations in my area have half a dozen or more supercharging stations but only one or two have non supercharging DCFC. Bit ironic I suppose.

Last edited:

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
As a mach-e owner, someone who isn't a fan of elon musk (but I respect him and understand he is aware of his antics and how they are good for business), someone who thinks all teslas look like eggs ... i could go on and on.

I am happy to hear this. If we could tap into their supercharger network i am going to be one happy camper.
I thought Teslas look like catfish.

Engelbert

First Name
Engelbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Game changer in Delaware, specifically the southern Rehoboth, Bethany, and Lewes areas.

But only if the pricing is reasonable. Reasonable being somewhere in the neighborhood of current supercharger rack rates or maybe slightly higher.

If I need to pay a ton per year for membership, instead of being able to toggle it on and off monthly, I’ll likely hold off until I encounter some road trip where I really need it.

Oh, while I’m here: yes, Teslas are ugly, with the exception of the Model S which is a very attractive looking vehicle. The rest are missed opportunities. Drive behind a white Model 3 or Model Y for a few moments and tell me it doesn’t look like a rolling sports bra. It does. Yes it does. Don’t lie.