DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I got in the car this morning and noticed a recent OTA update has added a feature I've wished the car had since day one. I can now activate the 360-degree cameras at the press of an icon (at slow speed.) Thank you Ford, this will absolutely help me when parking or negotiating tight clearances. I don't know which PowerUp added this - Ford Pass tells me that I'm Rolling with the Latest at 4.1.1 - but whatever it was, I genuinely appreciate this and I appreciate that it seems someone at Ford is paying attention to requests on this and other forums.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you for this new feature! IMG_1493
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I wasn’t really missing this until I got it on my Lightning. Now I need it bad! I have asked my dealer to update it when it goes in for the 20K service next week.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Ford Pass tells me that I'm Rolling with the Latest at 4.1.1
Where can you see your power up version in Ford pass? I thought I read somewhere you could only see it when the update was applied and then went away. I can’t seem to find it in the car or app, but also not sure if I have received an update yet.

OP
OP
DYohn

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Where can you see your power up version in Ford pass? I thought I read somewhere you could only see it when the update was applied and then went away. I can’t seem to find it in the car or app, but also not sure if I have received an update yet.
You can only see it when you get the message of an update posted to your FP account or in the Sync screen.

Last edited:

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
In the Ford Pass app, go to Vehicle, and then hit Features & Settings. Check Software Updates section for Recent Updates. Mine shows my last update from back in November, and I've long since deleted the notification that came up.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
In the Ford Pass app, go to Vehicle, and then hit Features & Settings. Check Software Updates section for Recent Updates. Mine shows my last update from back in November, and I've long since deleted the notification that came up.
Are you on ios? Hitting that on Android no longer shows update info, it used to. Now I just get this

Screenshot_20230116_205622_FordPass.jpg

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Comes on too slowly and turns off too quickly. Every time I park in my garage it turns on, but then turns off before I've finished parking. Maddening.
Have you tried the camera delay feature? I forget the exact name, or where it is...but I know it exists! Might only work with the backup camera, but it keeps it on longer than default.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Have you tried the camera delay feature? I forget the exact name, or where it is...but I know it exists! Might only work with the backup camera, but it keeps it on longer than default.
Unfortunately it only seems to work on the back up camera, at least as of my old software (3.5.4). I'll test it again once I've been updated to the latest and greatest, assuming I get that anytime soon.

Just a quick aside / mini-rant while I'm on the topic, but I find the camera functionality to be lousy compared to my Audi, and the upcoming button on the center display will not completely fix things.

My Audi backup camera turns on automatically when placed into reverse, then switches automatically to the front camera when the car is put into drive. It then turns off automatically once a certain (low) speed has been reached. This is a wonderful feature, and has come in handy more times than I can count.

Second, the Audi has a physical button to activate the camera. The Mach-E could also have a physical button, there's one right next to the parking brake, but instead, it's tied to the auto-park feature. In terms of frequency of use, this is totally backwards - the cameras should be mapped to the physical button by default, and the autopark should be a software button on the center display.

And that's besides the fact that most of the '22s (including mine) don't have autopark at all! Ford should release a software update that remaps this button to the cameras.

OP
OP
DYohn

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Thanks for that tip. Mine does show 4.1.2

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Will this power up update the BCM? I'm patiently waiting for a BCM update to enable the powered frunk opening.

Reactions: bcb