Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Morning All,

Earlier this month, we spent 2 weeks in Mexico. I thought this would be a great time to get all the recalls done and the Blue Cruise update installed on my Mach-E FE.

The roof and windshield recalls were done successfully and I have noticed a dramatic reduction in wind noise. The glass shop that the dealership worked with did a fine job.

Now to Blue Cruise. I picked my Mach-E up after we arrived home. While on a divided highway, I engaged the cruise control and immediately noticed that nothing had changed. I still had to keep both hands on the wheel. I then went into settings and noticed there was nothing for Blue Cruise in settings.

I called the dealership the following Monday and they advised that I bring it back on the agreed date. They provided a loaner for me as they said it would again be an all day process.

They called me yesterday and said the Blue Cruise update was installed but they wanted the shop foreman to drive the car home to make sure that the Blue Cruise update stayed installed and worked normally. I agreed to this.

I received a call from the dealership this morning and they informed me that again, Blue Cruise has disappeared and was no longer installed on my vehicle. They would have to engage Ford to find out what is going on.

I'll provide updates as I get them.

Randall
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
BC has "disappeared" twice on my car... it was gone for ~week or so each time. It came back on its own... possibly with some help from Ford OTA, but I am not sure.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Morning All,

As promised, here is an update to my disappearing Blue Cruise issue. The dealer had the car for 2 days. The upgraded and or reloaded every module in the vehicle. But Blue Cruise would not stay installed. So they reached out to Ford engineering. And they finally found the problem.

It turns out, that Ford had my VIN associated with another vehicle in their database. That vehicle did not have Blue Cruise as an option. So, whenever they would install it, when it talked back to Ford, it would remove it. After a few hours, Ford re-associated my VIN for my car and then the dealership reinstalled all the modules again just to be on the safe side. That resolved the issue.

Now for my first thoughts on Blue Cruise.

It cancels often especially when coming up to an exit. It appears to not handle well the additional lane without lane markings at the beginning of the exit. Same can be said for truck lanes going up hills. It can also be a bit jerky when it's trying to find the center of the lane. Not overly jerky, but you certainly notice it. Anything other than a slight turn on a highway and it cancels, too. Even what I consider very modest turns.

That's all for now, folks.

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Morning All,

As promised, here is an update to my disappearing Blue Cruise issue. The dealer had the car for 2 days. The upgraded and or reloaded every module in the vehicle. But Blue Cruise would not stay installed. So they reached out to Ford engineering. And they finally found the problem.

It turns out, that Ford had my VIN associated with another vehicle in their database. That vehicle did not have Blue Cruise as an option. So, whenever they would install it, when it talked back to Ford, it would remove it. After a few hours, Ford re-associated my VIN for my car and then the dealership reinstalled all the modules again just to be on the safe side. That resolved the issue.

Now for my first thoughts on Blue Cruise.

It cancels often especially when coming up to an exit. It appears to not handle well the additional lane without lane markings at the beginning of the exit. Same can be said for truck lanes going up hills. It can also be a bit jerky when it's trying to find the center of the lane. Not overly jerky, but you certainly notice it. Anything other than a slight turn on a highway and it cancels, too. Even what I consider very modest turns.

That's all for now, folks.
Good to know, thanks for reporting back. BC (21G01) was installed by the dealer in May and it has never, ever worked for me.

Most of the issues I am facing at this point are likely backend server problems at Ford.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My BC disappeared for a day (two separate drives on well known BC roads). The next day I was going to reset the infotainment system but before I could do that I tried BC and it was working again. I have no idea if there’s a server connection that’s required or maybe my system got into a temporary bad state somehow. Kind of frustrating, but glad to have it back.

My experience with BC so far has been inconsistent. The eye nanny works great and it doesn’t cancel very often for me, though there are a couple of locations I drive commonly where it does cancel for mysterious reasons. The inconsistency for me is the ping pong effect where sometimes it seems to struggle to stay centered. Some rides it’s nearly perfect, while others it’s bad enough that I worry people think I’m intoxicated (resulting in me abandoning BC). I haven’t been able to figure out if it’s the sun or wind or poor lane markings or traffic or speed, but it seems inconsistent for me. I probably wouldn’t pay for BC as a subscription if this behavior doesn’t improve. Lots of potential though.
Sponsored