Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Max so far has been 137 kmh (85 mph) merging on the highway. Then I backed off.

Got me thinking about this of course:

Sponsored

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
From a stop to 124 -- took forever past 80 (vs getting to 80). Of note, at such high speeds there's little if any regen on 1pd driving. The car just coasts up there. No difference in overall feel or noise vs 80.

FWIW the hybrid F150 has nothing of note at 100mph. I was driving the pedal as I call it, happened to look down and see 95 on the speedo. Didn't even notice it crept up that high. The F150 is a ticketing danger as it will just keep quietly climbing in speed while not feeling like it. I tend to stick to radar cruise, but I had a few oops moments initially as even at 60 it handles like it's sub 30.

I use lane centering / radar cruise 97% of the time. At +10 speed limit in the F150 can make for some entertainment. Ford has some work to do in regards to the algo they use. If the left lane pulls away (lane being added) the vehicles like to start drifting into it basically ignoring the other line of the lane, quite annoying. Happens on both vehicles on both left and right lanes. I've found the MME w/ BC on in slow traffic, it was literally weaving back and forth on the typical lane dashed lines. Had to turn off lane centering -- when conditions are just right the car looks drunk weaving. They need to fix that.

(drivers who 'drive the pedal' are the ones slowing going up hill and suddenly jump 20mph going down it as they just keep it in the same place).

Last edited:

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
From a stop to 124 -- took forever past 80 (vs getting to 80). Of note, at such high speeds there's little if any regen on 1pd driving. The car just coasts up there. No difference in overall feel or noise vs 80.
I've never done 0 to three digits in one go (see my previous post regarding whether I've ever been over 3 digits), however I've on more than one occasion found myself at 90+ when accelerating on the freeway (e.g., passing someone)... Presumably I was starting with fewer jail bars since I'd not just accelerated all the way from zero.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I've never done 0 to three digits in one go (see my previous post regarding whether I've ever been over 3 digits), however I've on more than one occasion found myself at 90+ when accelerating on the freeway (e.g., passing someone)... Presumably I was starting with fewer jail bars since I'd not just accelerated all the way from zero.
I was on a backroad once, 2 different tractor trailers were at the front with 5 vehicles behind them ~45mph. By the time I passed the 5 cars and the #2 trailer, I was doing 90, braked and slid behind the last semi due to visibility limits. Once the road straightened out I went by the last one. The power issue does affect acceleration up top as the vehicle is only at ~280hp once the time limit hits.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Per the video above, I believe what's being seen is that the variable on his version of the software has the rear motor in the top right. The power cut appears to be coming from the front motor alone as they're 210kw motors (motor sticker below). The GT and PE both have the same front and rear motor and inverter (despite having the 'tiny' 350a front fuse -- one of the weak links). The AWD units have a smaller front motor. The rear motor's fuse at 630a also has the heater / AC connected to it, but that same 350a front fuse remains. So strange.

Peak power was seen (in power delivered anyway) at basically 500hp with 82% indicated SOC.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The need for speed 1674696902213

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Multiple runs up to Vmax of 113 in our 4X. Plus, lots of 0-60, 0-100, 30-70, 30-100, 1/4 mile and other Dragy runs. It also has an interstate commute 3 days/week where speeds are 75-90mph for 35-40 mile stretch.

HVBJB failed at about 22K miles.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I was on a backroad once, 2 different tractor trailers were at the front with 5 vehicles behind them ~45mph. By the time I passed the 5 cars and the #2 trailer, I was doing 90, braked and slid behind the last semi due to visibility limits. Once the road straightened out I went by the last one. The power issue does affect acceleration up top as the vehicle is only at ~280hp once the time limit hits.

Your accent in that video is a cross between some sort of Asian dialect, and German. Weird. I thought you were Mercan.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
triple digits

I'll add something new to the discussion though - The car felt smooth as hell at high speeds. I crap on the tech (or lack there of) in the car but it is a beautiful driving machine.

I remember doing 100 in my old honda civic and it felt like if you held that speed for more than 4 seconds the bumper would fall off and rearview mirror would go flying.

This car is absolutely solid.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I took it up to 100 one time, from 65 on the freeway, I passed about 6 cars, then slowed and took the exit. There was another time that I punched it to pass a clot of cars, then there were blue lights in my mirror (sigh). I was only up to 80 so not too bad a ticket.

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Over 100 while passing on a 2~lane highway, got there quickly without realizing it…car felt super stable.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Hit triple digits in a select RWD on a test drive in Alabama for a few seconds before coming home and ordering my premium AWD. No ticket, but my hubby did get pulled over in our Tesla for trying to make a u-turn (no "No U-turn" signs present) where the nav told him to on the way home after the test drive. Luckily the officer let us go since we weren't from the area, but not without an ass chewing about not listening to the nav. Also hit triple digits on the premium I purchased for a few seconds just to say I have done it once. No ticket there, either. I'm not a speed demon by any means, but it really does sneak up on you if you're not watching carefully!

MikeInCO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GB GT, VW Atlas
Country flag
I've owned 13 cars over the years, and have had every single one to triple digits. Some (86 Volvo 240, 91 Jeep XJ, 95 Saturn SL) felt like I was reentering orbit, and was surely going to die. Others (E36 M3, 986 Boxster) took a bit to get there, but were smooth at speed. And yet others (MME GT, Tesla Model 3P, E84 BMW X1 N55) get there quickly, smoothly, and with no drama.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
105mph, two hvbjb's, no tickets.
Seems like more HVBJB's than tickets so far!
And yes, need to check the speedo or bluecruise to keep it down .

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Your accent in that video is a cross between some sort of Asian dialect, and German. Weird. I thought you were Mercan.
Bwahahaha! You should have heard my ex, Mike. She emigrated to the US through Birmingham, AL from Taiwan. Talk about an interesting accent. 🤪🐩

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Allegedly triple digits in rural Idaho on a stretch of 80mph interstate but I don’t believe it.
Same here, allegedly, but in AZ. Did not allegedly hit the limiter, but allegedly might have been close. It allegedly can get there very quickly.
No ticket, so it allegedly didn't happen.
The brochure for the car in my profile pic says it can hit 186. I have never been that fast in it, but I allegedly have been fast enough to believe it is true.
Sponsored