Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Same here, allegedly, but in AZ. Did not allegedly hit the limiter, but allegedly might have been close. It allegedly can get there very quickly.
No ticket, so it allegedly didn't happen.
The brochure for the car in my profile pic says it can hit 186. I have never been that fast in it, but I allegedly have been fast enough to believe it is true.
I took mine to 161, hit 156 in my Lightning (5.4 SC not electron powered Lightning) after pulling a Uhaul trailer 110 dropping my ex off at her moms house for the final time.

Last edited:

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I had to feel what it was like to go 101 mph again for a good stretch during the break in the weather yesterday.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I had to feel what it was like to go 101 mph again for a good stretch during the break in the weather yesterday.
One thing is for certain, if you were going 101 then you were not on the 101 while doing it!

Last edited:

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
From what I hear, my Mustang hit triple digits from 35 mph while getting onto the freeway. Hit 90 before the final merge at end of the ramp. Had with me Apparently the driver had with them three large car guys who didn't believe it deserved to be called a Mustang. One of them couldn't stop talking about the acceleration once we they were back home.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I got a slow car. I’ve tested it a few times and consistently topped out at 113.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I took mine to 161, hit 156 in my Lightning (5.4 SC not electron powered Lightning) after pulling a Uhaul trailer 110 dropping my ex off at her moms house for the final time.
Switching it to km/h doesn’t count
OK, I've given more (read: way too much) thought to how you could possibly claim to take your MME to 161 besides using km/h and here's the best I can come up with. Most of these require some friends in right places though:

• There are highway 161s in Iowa, Arkansas, Texas and California (maybe more?) - you could try driving there while testing your max speed and claim that you took yours to 161 trying to see how fast you could get it.
  • If you know anyone with a C-130 or C-17, you could drive it off the back from FL400 - the terminal velocity of a tumbling car is between 200-300mph depending on how it tumbles.
  • If that's too destructive but you have some well-placed friends in the Navy, you could try adding a launch bar and there are a couple of naval bases with land-based carrier catapult systems built into the runways that would get you up to around 182mph in 7 seconds.
  • Lastly, you could always try convincing the marketing department at United Launch Alliance that they should send your Mach E into space on a Delta rocket as a way to show their competitiveness with SpaceX after Elon sent his Tesla Roadster into orbit on a Falcon heavy.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Switching it to km/h doesn’t count
My Porsche. That was a quote fail on my part. My MME's lucky to have seen 90mph because of HVJB fears.

But your MME top speed ideas are are solid. The next PowerUp might push it towards the second and 3rd ideas.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
What is the fastest you had your Mach-E up to? Did you get a ticket?
106 before I switched to my snow tires. This was on a pretty open part of a freeway that I know well. I should also note that this was done to test the replacement HVBJB after the weak cheese original was replaced. So, for scientific and engineering purposes only. And, no LEO interactions, so no ticket.

Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I've seen 200kph once in my first summer...
HVJB failure a month later, and I haven't pushed my luck again.
The where and when is not needed

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I've seen 200kph once in my first summer...
HVJB failure a month later, and I haven't pushed my luck again.
The where and when is not needed
I would love to see an electric motor tachometer at those speeds!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If I push my MME with the Blazer… Uhh, maybe it will do the MME’s top end. Scratch that, I bet the Blazer would go faster pushing the MME than without it (given the crappy aero of a lifted 4x4). 🤪🐩

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I got a slow car. I’ve tested it a few times and consistently topped out at 113.
All mach-e are slow when it comes to top speed but then again so are a whole host of other ev. Circa 112mph is probably going to end up being the standard top speed we will see going forward as apart from true performance models I doubt most manufacturers will be investing in using 20000+rpm capable motors unless they really have to.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Not to mention it's a great way for keeping the idiots alive if they put the limiter on at a reasonable speed. The telemetry these are capable of is something no one is really thinking of. Ford just applied for a patent where the vehicle will drive it's self to the dealer or a yard if you miss your payment. Auto-repo! Imagine when the cops can tap that telemetry and just charge your car(d) or disable your car at will. This may sound like tinfoil hat kind of things but it's there. And tech has been abused for decades. We're only now finding out about things from 10 years ago, publicly.
Sponsored