cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
BTW, I use whisper 2PD for these maneuvers and regulate the speed (slowness, really) by the brake pedal - and actually, it accelerates pretty rapidly when the brake is fully released, much faster than turbo-ICE cars I drove before it.
That is good to know.
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Gosh, I think you can, but now that you have said this I will let you know when I go out later.
Yes, you absolutely can change gears without having your foot on the brake in 1PD. It’s developing a bad habit in me because I’m 1PD exclusive and I find myself forgetting to put my foot on the brake for good habits/good measure.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Well, comparatively speaking, but as I write I have one and a half inches of ice on the roads..so yes we do occasionaly get bad winter weather and as we are in the tornado belt often times high winds
So now I know :)

So how unbridled helps?

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
So now I know :)

So how unbridled helps?
With Unbridled and one pedal both on it helps give you more traction. Ice is tricky, but in my opinion, the combo helps, fingers crossed I haven't skidded once, but we don't usually get a ton of snow. We had almost 10 inches a few weeks ago, but it generally ranges 1-3.
However, even though that doesn't sound like much drivers in MO are pathetic in the weather.
I have spent a good deal of time in the Mountain West, so I am a bit familiar with more intense conditions.
One pedal slows you down so you aren't jamming on the brakes and therefore skidding.
As lot of my driving is on city streets so one pedal works well in traffic. Highway I like to turn it off.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I actually had no idea you could shift without using the brake in 1PD and I use that exclusively, huh.
I never hit the brake with 1pd. I just shift and push the gas which slows you down in whatever direction you're going then you stop and start going the other way. It's a fun way to freak people out who've never experienced a feeling like that. Seamless transition from forward to reverse or vise versa.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
I use OPD, and shift from reverse to forward without coming to a total stop. Sometimes, the sudden loss of OPD deceleration in the short time I'm in neutral catches me off-guard.

But your acceleration's happening in the forward direction, and doesn't correspond to you stepping on the throttle? I haven't experienced that.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thank you, I appreciate all the comments, it is good to keep in mind.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Unbridled doesn’t affect traction that I am aware of, well…positively at least. ;) It does sharpen throttle response which seems to be the exact opposite of what you want in slippery conditions. It is effectively the opposite of “snow” mode in other cars in regard. Seems like the slower response of whisper would be what you’re looking for.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Well, next time I have snow or ice, I'll post again with having tried your suggestion.
Thx

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
Ive had a similar issue, however i attributed it to my palm hitting cruise control while backing out. I think i managed to engage cruise and hit set in one motion.
Sponsored