Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
I left a post on this guy's click bait YouTube vid debunking his fake concern over ADM markup so he can get views.
Please everyone from this Forum please do the same. There are folks with an agenda to sink this launch.
My best,
Ray
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here are some thoughts I had after screening that video.
1- The guy says like it is a true thing that the MME doesn't have Autopilot, so it seems he has never heard about Ford Co-pilot 360 Assist 2.0 and all the other derivatives of that, like Park Assist which you don't get on a Tesla unless you pay thousands of extra dollars for FSD.
2- IMO based on what I know how it worked at Kia or Hyuandai for their Niro EV or Kona Electric, the car is destined to a customer not a dealer, that means that Ford has a list of who ordered the car from which dealers, if you are to cancelled your order, for any reason including ADM from the dealer, I believe that Ford will redirect the car to the next customer on their list who has ordered the same thing, so I don't think dealers will be allowed to build an inventory, Kia dealers where not, this way they won't be able to charge ADM unless they have ordered cars for themselves, which I don't think they where allowed to.
3- Here in Quebec at least, dealers aren't allowed to charge ADM simply because it is not permitted by law to sale at another price then the one that is published. To sale at a higher price then the MSRP they have to add options on the car, in their inventory, which most of the time they do, it is very hard or even impossible to find a base model at the MSRP price unless you order it. But you can find cars under MSRP with their options under the published price, when they have sales going on.
4- The MME is not a MY or the Y is not an MME. They both have their strong points and weaknesses and it is good for us the public to be able to make a choice for what we like and what we prefer after we have made our check list of what we want from an EV car. Personnaly a car is not a choice of tech first but an emotional one on top of the list, so for me it's obvious the MME wins by a lot here.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
2- IMO based on what I know how it worked at Kia or Hyuandai for their Niro EV or Kona Electric, the car is destined to a customer not a dealer, that means that Ford has a list of who ordered the car from which dealers, if you are to cancelled your order, for any reason including ADM from the dealer, I believe that Ford will redirect the car to the next customer on their list who has ordered the same thing, so I don't think dealers will be allowed to build an inventory, Kia dealers where not, this way they won't be able to charge ADM unless they have ordered cars for themselves, which I don't think they where allowed to.
It likely depends on when you cancel. Maybe if you cancel early enough in the process, the car wouldn't be made or it might be rerouted to another equivalent order. Note that I have have no direct knowledge, this is just what seems most reasonable to me.

If you cancel after the dealer takes delivery, I doubt it would get re-routed. My dealer seemed pretty sure that he would get any cancellations for his inventory and even joked that he was hoping for that as they don't have any other way to get MME's on their lot.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you cancel after the dealer takes delivery, I doubt it would get re-routed. My dealer seemed pretty sure that he would get any cancellations for his inventory and even joked that he was hoping for that as they don't have any other way to get MME's on their lot.
And unfortunately, that's when I see most cancellations happening (for people that made it as far as ordering) -- when the car arrives at the dealership and they sit down with the customer to "close the deal". Which if they didn't lock down all pricing details with the dealer before ordering, might include some gotchas that turn customers off. And they have incentive to do just that if the Mach-e proves to be a hot commodity. And the all-important leverage over the vehicle.

Hopefully few dealers will play the game of adding surprise charges at time of sale, but these are car dealerships we're talking about. Some just can't seem to help themselves from playing games.
Sponsored