devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmm it happened last week for me, before the update. But there have been vehicle updates…
Possibly but I have a Job 2 car and havent gotten any updates.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Possibly but I have a Job 2 car and havent gotten any updates.
My GT is a job 2 also.

Never had this happen with my FE that was a job 1 and had it for 8 months.

I've had a lot more little software bugs like this with the newer car than I had with the early built car.

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e EXT AWD Space White, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Got this error last nite. No power outages etc where I live. I unplugged and replugged the charger from the car, and disabled to charge outside my normal times and it started charging. I’m kinda wondering what the issue is. For reference, I’m using the mobile charger on a 240v dedicated 50A circuit set to charge between 10pm & 5am. No issues up to this point-had the car over a month now. Kinda hoping it’s fluke error.

F7BF91B4-CDCB-416C-A767-0E8B70EB43C4.jpeg
Happens every night with mine. I gave up caring I can not figure it out. I have issues with a few computer things this is just one of them. It also did not warm up the car as it is supposed to do every morning. I really am at my wits end with this thing. Check my newest post in a few minutes because I am annoyed with something else. Not to just bitch about the car but some of this seems simple to resolve with the right tech team.

BunsOfSteel

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT; 97 Explorer
Country flag
I'm kinda wondering if it has something to do with new mobile app update. I never had any issues before this update.
I’ve noticed this correlation as well. Nightly since the app update, and it actually doesn’t charge on schedule. Works if I tel it to charge when plugged. I’m just on Ford mobile charger. No vehicle updates as far as I can tell?

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hmm it happened last week for me, before the update. But there have been vehicle updates…
I have a job 2 car and haven’t had any Ota updates so who knows

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It doesn't have anything to do with the app update and I'm 99% sure of that. I've had this happen every day over the last 4 versions of the app.

It would be helpful if y'all actually put more information like:
  • Brand of EVSE
  • Schedule on EVSE
  • Schedule on car
Otherwise it's kinda hard to draw any conclusions.

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It doesn't have anything to do with the app update and I'm 99% sure of that. I've had this happen every day over the last 4 versions of the app.

It would be helpful if y'all actually put more information like:
  • Brand of EVSE
  • Schedule on EVSE
  • Schedule on car
Otherwise it's kinda hard to draw any conclusions.
All of that info you want that is helpful is in the initial post…

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
All of that info you want that is helpful is in the initial post…
For one, there's a lot of people saying "me too" but many haven't posted that information

Second, you never mentioned what the car is set to do based on it's geo location. There's a schedule on the EVSE and a schedule in the car (2 different scheduling options).

If you read my post here you'll see that I said if the car is set to always and the charger is set to 10pm (like you mentioned) and you plug in before 10pm then the car is expecting a charge when it's plugged in. The charger however will not feed the car juice until 10pm and therefore it will trigger the notification that the charge hasn't started. Technically that would be 100% correct.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
For one, there's a lot of people saying "me too" but many haven't posted that information

Second, you never mentioned what the car is set to do based on it's geo location. There's a schedule on the EVSE and a schedule in the car (2 different scheduling options).

If you read my post here you'll see that I said if the car is set to always and the charger is set to 10pm (like you mentioned) and you plug in before 10pm then the car is expecting a charge when it's plugged in. The charger however will not feed the car juice until 10pm and therefore it will trigger the notification that the charge hasn't started. Technically that would be 100% correct.
I’ve got a dumb Grizzle so it definitely wasn’t the issue you are seeing. It also could have not been in all the way, I haven’t replicated it since.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I’ve got a dumb Grizzle so it definitely wasn’t the issue you are seeing. It also could have not been in all the way, I haven’t replicated it since.
But was it actually charging or errored out?

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just said “Plugged In Not Charging” when it should have been in its schedule.
Same…mine was plugged in, stated the exact same. I just checked mine and it is now currently charging on schedule.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Just said “Plugged In Not Charging” when it should have been in its schedule.
So I had the same issue with the MME when I first got it. I set the car to a schedule. The problem that I think happened was that it didn't think it was at the correct location and therefore didn't charge, or it went to sleep or something else along those lines. So what I did was I removed the schedule from the car and just let the EVSE handle it. Although I get the message every day I never miss a charge now.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So I had the same issue with the MME when I first got it. I set the car to a schedule. The problem that I think happened was that it didn't think it was at the correct location and therefore didn't charge, or it went to sleep or something else along those lines. So what I did was I removed the schedule from the car and just let the EVSE handle it. Although I get the message every day I never miss a charge now.
Yeah I went into charge settings on the car and re-entered some info and I think that probably fixed it since my tests afterwards worked. But ended up taking off schedule anyways since I get no benefit at all from it and now I don’t have to worry about that bug again.
Sponsored