Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Lariat, 2018 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Considering a home charger that is just plug and go, like the Grizzl-e, or the ClipperCreek, but also looking at Chargepoint and JuiceBox for the features like timed charging (to charge overnight for off-peak power rates). Does the Mach-e allow you to program the charge time on it's side of things, or do I need one of the wi-fi enabled stations with other features?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Considering a home charger that is just plug and go, like the Grizzl-e, or the ClipperCreek, but also looking at Chargepoint and JuiceBox for the features like timed charging (to charge overnight for off-peak power rates). Does the Mach-e allow you to program the charge time on it's side of things, or do I need one of the wi-fi enabled stations with other features?
You can program charge times and departure times via the car or in the FordPass app. Any compatible charger is good to go, whether "smart" or passive.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This might be a newbie EV issue, but I guess scheduled departure times only work if the car is plugged in? I scheduled for when I leave work, but it was cold when I got in.

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
It would suck if you can't do scheduled departure when not plugged in. Doing scheduled departure time set for end of day so it's warm for the drive home would be good so that you don't have to remember to use the remote start.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It would suck if you can't do scheduled departure when not plugged in. Doing scheduled departure time set for end of day so it's warm for the drive home would be good so that you don't have to remember to use the remote start.
Yeah, I was hoping to not have to remember to use the remote start. Also, the remote start will only let you run about 2 or 3 times before it times out until you get in and start the vehicle.

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yeah, I was hoping to not have to remember to use the remote start. Also, the remote start will only let you run about 2 or 3 times before it times out until you get in and start the vehicle.
Hopefully an OTA update to modify it. Maybe with a fail safe to disable when the battery state of charge is below a certain percentage.
Sponsored