SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
Picked up my MME on Friday. As I was scrolling through Sync 4A over the weekend I came across the tire pressure screen. All of the tires were at 43 psi cold. I noticed in the owners manual the recommended pressure is 38 psi. Has anybody else noticed their tire psi?

SimS
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Mine were at 40 , 40, 41, 39 while taking delivery

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Picked up my MME on Friday. As I was scrolling through Sync 4A over the weekend I came across the tire pressure screen. All of the tires were at 43 psi cold. I noticed in the owners manual the recommended pressure is 38 psi. Has anybody else noticed their tire psi?

SimS
There was discussion on this long time back. IIRC the general thought was to keep to pressure higher than 38

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I set mine at 42 ish. The pressure reported seems to vary a degree or two between the tires. It seems almost impossible to get them all reading exactly the same number though.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Mine were all at 39

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Remember it's going to change based on elevation and temperature. If the tires were filled up to a certain pressure in Mexico, they could end up very different in different parts of the country.

The tire pressure you want to keep at is inside the door. Any higher, and traction and braking are affected. Any lower and wear and efficiency are affected. Obviously a couple psi won't make a huge difference in the performance. A

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My MME door jamb says 39 all around. Yesterday (around 40F) I measured 37/36 (39 39 39 38 TPMS). Using my best tire inflator (gauge head with air button and portable tank), I set 39.5 or 40.0, dropped by the button back down to 39.0 on all four, and TPMS read 41 41 41 40.

In the quest for something with some absolute calibration, I went nuts and ordered one of these:
Longacre 52-52000 Pro Precision 4-1/2 Tire Gauge, 0-60psi

Just another fun project, a few psi either way by weather (temperature) and driving (road friction) is common, and as others have said, will likely go unnoticed. OTOH, I do not want to run low, and later will probably experiment with +3 to 5 psi high.

Last edited:

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
My MME door jamb says 39 all around. Yesterday (around 40F) I measured 37/36 (39 39 39 38 TPMS). Using my best tire inflator (gauge head with air button and portable tank), I set 39.5 or 40.0, dropped by the button back down to 39.0 on all four, and TPMS read 41 41 41 40.

In the quest for something with some absolute calibration, I went nuts and ordered one of these:
Longacre 52-52000 Pro Precision 4-1/2 Tire Gauge, 0-60psi

Just another fun project, a few psi either way by weather (temperature) and driving (road friction) is common, and as others have said, will likely go unnoticed. OTOH, I do not want to run low, and later will probably experiment with +3 to 5 psi high.
My tires on the highway went from 39 to 42.

Since you have the fancy gauge, it would be interesting to compare it's readings with the supplied tire inflator. I assume it can be used without the sealant for ordinary inflation.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Mine delivered at 42 and sitting here having not driven for 4 hours, they are currently reading 43. I think I'll deflate them tonight down to 39.

Marshalbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Jeep
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Mine were at 45 all around. I felt it rode rough.....went to 39 cold and it seems to ride better.

karioka

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
The Mach E suspension is already stiff even more so with 42 psi on the wheels. When I took delivery of my vehicle back in 03/21 I noticed 42 psi and I quickly deflated to 39 psi - the sticker by the driver door shows 38 psi on all wheels.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The Mach E suspension is already stiff even more so with 42 psi on the wheels. When I took delivery of my vehicle back in 03/21 I noticed 42 psi and I quickly deflated to 39 psi - the sticker by the driver door shows 38 psi on all wheels.
Which spec do you have? Mine is a Premium rear wheel drive, standard range. It shows 39 psi for all four wheels.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I set mine at 42 ish. The pressure reported seems to vary a degree or two between the tires. It seems almost impossible to get them all reading exactly the same number though.
keep in mind not to use tpms system as being accurate for tire pressure. a good digital gauge is best way. my tpms reads about 2-3 psi higher than my gauge

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
keep in mind not to use tpms system as being accurate for tire pressure. a good digital gauge is best way. my tpms reads about 2-3 psi higher than my gauge
Mine were 42 - 45. I decided to not adjust the air until checked with the digital gauge. The max psi per the tire spec is 50. I will set at 40 to be safe.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
41 at delivery. I roll at 45 in summer, switch to 39 in fall.
Sponsored