JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
If you read the posts about those two videos on insideevs.com (especially the comments, if you're brave LOL) you'll find that TFL tried to find the worst case scenarios for towing. They are valid points, however, as when towing you're likely to encounter such situations (long uphills, etc.).

I'd like to see at least a hitch available, however, for smaller stuff like bike racks or that hitch mounted carrier for coolers and such. The receiver is more useful than just for a large trailer.

Ford had strict instructions about the Focus Electric that "Nothing can be towed by it" nonetheless many people managed to fit a receiver to it for bike racks and such.

They also stated that it cannot be towed at all, but a few managed that as well (I did) but that is a different topic.
Sponsored

bjmsam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Toyota Rav4 V6, '10 Infiniti G37xS, Mach-E GT reserved
Country flag
If the Mach-E is an SUV as advertised, then those of us who need to tow a trailer should be able to do so. In my case, 30-50 miles round trip is typical.

bjmsam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just want it for a bike rack but it would be helpful in general for sure.

The Model Y is looking more and more functional. :-/

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
EcoHitch web site now has an option for 2021 Ford Mach-E.

https://torkliftcentral.com/trailer-hitches/rear-mounted-receiver-hitches/ecohitch

So it appears we shouldn't be concerned about availability of aftermarket hitch options.

1578363309232.png
This page was submitted by yours truly a couple months ago. At this time, the hitch does NOT exist. The company is obtaining feedback for possible development. European reservation holders have reported on a tow rating of 750kg, or 1650lbs.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This page was submitted by yours truly a couple months ago. At this time, the hitch does NOT exist. The company is obtaining feedback for possible development. European reservation holders have reported on a tow rating of 750kg, or 1650lbs.
And I’ve spoken with the folks at EcoHitch. The first person to drive their Mach E to their facility in Washington State gets the hitch free. They’ll measure the car, make it custom, install it, and photograph it to provide instructions for everyone else to follow.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Go to https://torkliftcentral.com/select-ecohitch-style?vid=5147 and indicate you are interested. you'll get the following email:

Thank you for the inquiry and your support. We have not had the opportunity to test this vehicle and would not be able to guarantee the fit. We rely on local customers and dealers to provide us with vehicles to test and this one has not been provided to us yet.
If you have further questions on fitment or the EcoHitch, please feel free to give us a call at 844-369-9358. Thank you for all your support in Torklift and have a wonderful day.

Call them. They can arrange something for you to come to their facility in Kent, Washington (with your Mach E, of course). Getting there and staying there is at your cost but they will offer you a free hitch.

This may actually be available for up to 3 folks as they have Hidden, Invisi, and Stealth hitch options to test.

bjmsam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While I appreciate the EcoHitch effort, I would prefer to see Ford rate the vehicle for towing and offer an OEM hitch with warranty coverage before considering aftermarket alternatives.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
While I appreciate the EcoHitch effort, I would prefer to see Ford rate the vehicle for towing and offer an OEM hitch with warranty coverage before considering aftermarket alternatives.
Very good point. Install a tow hitch for actually towing--not for mounting racks--without factory towing certification and you open yourself up to liability and legal problems. If you tow with a vehicle not certified for towing and are in an accident, there is a large probability that your insurance will not cover you. If you are observed towing by law enforcement with a non-certified vehicle, the police can impound your vehicle and fine you. As I understand it, If the vehicle is certified for towing by the manufacturer, you can then add an aftermarket hitch without these issues.
Sponsored