Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Marina owner
Country flag
Just got my new Mach-E yesterday. Love it! Battery range very low but upon reading all your threads, I’m going to assume that early usage and very low temperatures might be the culprits. We took it to a few different DC fast charge stations today, all 150 kW or higher, and couldn’t get a fill up rate of more than 36 kW. It took an hour to fill from 45 to 80%. I would have thought we could have gotten faster rates. Anyone have any feedback?

2A934BB3-F4B7-48AC-B162-0FC0F45CCFC8.png
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Same slow charging thing happened with Town & Country Ford but not even cold down in Alabama.

Starting at 31:50 he went from 31% to 58% in 29 minutes. I don't understand.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Definitely an aspect of the car Ford needs to focus on improving.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
That was probably the charger not the car.

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
You need to read up on MIC Model 3s. The LFP packs are pretty bad. Search YouTube if you have to.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Trouble with DC charging stations Screenshot_20210213-212754
Bro I live in NJ that sounds like a China problem.......

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
This is why people get Tesla’s. This makes a huge difference in EVs. That can very well be a deal breaker.
Didn't you already order your Model Y? What are you still doing here?

In all seriousness though, I am certain this will improve via OTA updates. Keep in mind this is Ford's very first attempt at a BEV and it's still the very early days. Charging will improve with time. They are probably being conservative for now with cold weather charging rates.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Just got my new Mach-E yesterday. Love it! Battery range very low but upon reading all your threads, I’m going to assume that early usage and very low temperatures might be the culprits. We took it to a few different DC fast charge stations today, all 150 kW or higher, and couldn’t get a fill up rate of more than 36 kW. It took an hour to fill from 45 to 80%. I would have thought we could have gotten faster rates. Anyone have any feedback?
DC charging works best with a really warm battery, so when doing roadtrips DC fastcharge after you have completed a long stretch and do not attempt to fastcharge at the start. It is best practice if the trip (chargers) allow this, to drive close to or below 10% soc before DC charging.

In time when they have more info about degredation maybe we're allowed to charge at higher speeds.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That is the other thing: You started at 45%; starting at a lower state of charge will go faster.

Just yesterday I tried DCFC in mine and started around 34%. The fastest speed I saw was 45kW (a little faster than yours but then it was 20F outside).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We went to several charging stations though. Same result or worse.
It is a known issue at this point in cold weather; apparently Ford is not conditioning (ie warming) the battery even if you put a charge point in the nav system. There are actually quite a few posts on this, and Ford will be including a patch for the issue in the first OTA update which is coming soon.

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
Didn't you already order your Model Y? What are you still doing here?

In all seriousness though, I am certain this will improve via OTA updates. Keep in mind this is Ford's very first attempt at a BEV and it's still the very early days. Charging will improve with time. They are probably being conservative for now with cold weather charging rates.
Still haven’t decided, stop hating! Lol! Luckily I have time. Waiting till July August hopefully by then NJ Tax Incentive is back.