jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Are you using wireless charging when this happens? I found that when my phone gets hot using wireless charging, Android Auto starts dropping bad. Probably some sort of CPU throttling to prevent damage to the device.
Nah, I don't think I've ever used it since I first tried it. I just keep my phone in my pocket, which is why I was so thrilled at the prospect of wireless Android Auto. It doesn't happen to everyone, but I'm one of the unlucky ones here with the issue.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Nah, I don't think I've ever used it since I first tried it. I just keep my phone in my pocket, which is why I was so thrilled at the prospect of wireless Android Auto. It doesn't happen to everyone, but I'm one of the unlucky ones here with the issue.
when the Mach-E first started shipping, it exposed a bug in wired Android Auto that was ultimately Google's fault, and required an update to Android Auto to fix it.

Given how relatively new (in car tech terms) wireless Android Auto is, it would not surprise me if it's super buggy still.

Crespokid

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - CR1 Shadow Black
Country flag
Please let this fix the intermittent sound dropouts while using wireless Android Auto, drives me nuts.
I thought this was only happening to me. I hadn't see anything about it anywhere else. I've tried using different cables and switching between the A and C port. It's driving me mad.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought this was only happening to me. I hadn't see anything about it anywhere else. I've tried using different cables and switching between the A and C port. It's driving me mad.
I thought I had a solution by choosing the low quality setting in my YouTube Music app, but that was fleeting. So .... fingers crossed!

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I went to dealer yesterday to get the update since I was still waiting for 1.7.1 OTA. Dealer was able to do the first part of the process and update the GWIM but could not update the APIM, they claimed they kept getting a download error. This was not to my car this was from Ford to the dealer. They tried 4 times and told me they would contact me once that was figured out. They are only 5 minutes away so not a big deal for me. Maybe too early in the process to do the update. I was the their first Mach E to come in for this TSB so they didn't have anything from Ford already down loaded.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I went to dealer yesterday to get the update since I was still waiting for 1.7.1 OTA. Dealer was able to do the first part of the process and update the GWIM but could not update the APIM, they claimed they kept getting a download error. This was not to my car this was from Ford to the dealer. They tried 4 times and told me they would contact me once that was figured out. They are only 5 minutes away so not a big deal for me. Maybe too early in the process to do the update. I was the their first Mach E to come in for this TSB so they didn't have anything from Ford already down loaded.
This is why I’ll wait for the OTA, unless it never comes.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is why I’ll wait for the OTA, unless it never comes.
Agreed, but I got tired of waiting and since 5 minutes away I thought I would give it a try:confused:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The only thing I’ve been back to the dealer for was to get my 2nd Fob programmed. At least they didn’t mess that up! Lol
Anyone else feeling Rockrolled each time Rick brings up his wife's fob? ?