Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
A message popped up and I clicked Okay.

But, to be clear, I believe I was able to turn it off. However, the default dash screen wasn’t showing up. Even after turning off the lane departure feature, the screen for what appeared to be Blue Cruise remained. Hence, my initial post…
You must have accidentally pressed the cruise control button.
A message pops up when it’s available but no ok on that one.
When you press the cruise button, then the screen turns blue and you get the message that it’s on with the ok button.
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Thanks to all for the responses, not just on this thread, but in general.
Using and now owning an EV, is almost like learning to drive all over again. There is so much to learn, especially on terminology and the various digital options in EV cars.

Again, THANKS!
Happy to help!

Just to clarify how it all works:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Turning off BlueCruise? 20230901_212026

If you see this, lane keep is working. You can think of it like gutter guards on a bowling lane. It'll just bounce you off the edges of the lane.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Turning off BlueCruise? 20230901_212116

This is hands on blue cruise. This will actively steer as long as your hands are on the wheel. This only happens if you turn on cruise control and have lane keep on at the same time.

Hands Free Blue Cruise is basically the same as hands on, but it'll only activate on pre mapped divided highways (mostly interstates)

Hopefully that kinda helps?

I almost always just keep my lane keep on, even if I'm not using cruise control/ blue cruise. It's a handy feature. Plus then it only takes one button push to activate blue cruise on the highway, since lane keep is already active

OP
OP
circatee

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
Happy to help!

Just to clarify how it all works:

If you see this, lane keep is working. You can think of it like gutter guards on a bowling lane. It'll just bounce you off the edges of the lane.

This is hands on blue cruise. This will actively steer as long as your hands are on the wheel. This only happens if you turn on cruise control and have lane keep on at the same time.

Hands Free Blue Cruise is basically the same as hands on, but it'll only activate on pre mapped divided highways (mostly interstates)

Hopefully that kinda helps?

I almost always just keep my lane keep on, even if I'm not using cruise control/ blue cruise. It's a handy feature. Plus then it only takes one button push to activate blue cruise on the highway, since lane keep is already active
This is brilliant info. Thanks for sharing, it certainly makes things clearer…